Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

So I've been watching Lana videos for the past 30 minutes. What do we think is her greatest music video? I know 'Ride' is the obvious answer but sometimes 'High By The Beach' really hits my spot.

80A4C17C-48CC-446A-8406-E1946ED43855.gif

TOP TEN LANA VIDEOS

1. National Anthem
2. Ride
3. High by the beach
4. Doin' time
5. Born to die
6. Blue jeans
7. Young & Beautiful
8. White Mustang
9. Lust For Life
10. Don't call me angel :basil: don't @ me, it's a PRETTY GOOD video and they look good together (shame about the song).

I don't think I've watched 10 Lana videos. Born to Die and Ride are VERY ICONIC though.

I'm glad she completely stopped making music videos after West Coast actually.

here's my joanne loon rate (loon dial turned down a notch)

78 Text Book
99 Blue Banisters
76 Arcadia
70 Interlude - The Trio
90 Black Bathing Suit
80 If You Lie Down With Me
86 Beautiful
93 Violets For Roses
92 Dealer
89 Thunder
78 Wildflower Wildfire
80 Nectar of the Gods
72 Living Legend
83 Cherry Blossom
98 Sweet Carolina

-

92 Norman Fucking Rockwell!
86 Lust for Life
84 Blue Banisters
Ultraviolence
80 Chemtrails Over The Country Club
78 Honeymoon
69 Born To Die
58 Paradise

Loon dial turned all the way down

95 Text Book
94 Blue Banisters
98 Arcadia
90 Interlude - The Trio
94 Black Bathing Suit
92 If You Lie Down With Me
90 Beautiful
90 Violets For Roses
97 Dealer
92 Thunder
98 Wildflower Wildfire
91 Nectar of the Gods
94 Living Legend
99 Cherry Blossom
92 Sweet Carolina

see now we KNOW how you actually FEEL about these tracks, thank you

"Riverside" has now been officially released on Barrie's album and on Spotify for the first time. Would have been a natural fit on Blue Banisters, honestly.

I think one of the reasons I'm so into Nectar of the Gods right now is that it's one of only like 2 songs on the album with no piano. having just a guitar track is a relief after like 12 songs straight of sad mournful piano :D

californ-ai-ey, homeland of the gods...

I think one of the reasons I'm so into Nectar of the Gods right now is that it's one of only like 2 songs on the album with no piano. having just a guitar track is a relief after like 12 songs straight of sad mournful piano :D

What about THE INTERLUDE and DEALER?

It needed to be a song though and had it been one it would've been the best song on the album.

THAT. BASS :disco:

"Living Legend" is that track for me. The vocal effect after the bridge is *chef's kiss*, and it's VERY Ultraviolence. "Nectar of the Gods" just still feels like a demo that found its way onto the album and seemingly goes on 5ever. It also feels very out of place on the album. She's matured so much as a songwriter since these demos and NOTG is the worst offender.

Although to be fair "Beautiful" has the worst lyrics on the album bar none. But it's done almost ironically and kind of sweet. Bad sad glad mad girl x infinity :D

Drops just about 100 spots on the Billboard 200 in its second week. :shock:

106 8 -- 2 Blue Banisters ‒ Lana Del Rey ( 8 )

who CARES about charts when you have hundreds of gorgeous queens screeching your non-single track 9 two weeks after release? :disco:

2-21-18. sold about 4k this week, so presumably around 26k total to date. I wonder what Chemtrails is on?

2-21-18. sold about 4k this week, so presumably around 26k total to date. I wonder what Chemtrails is on?
As of August it was at 60,000 according to UK Mix. It fell out of the YTD top 40 at that point. It's probably sold another 5k since then ?

Record Store Day is in a week or two so it should return to the top 40 (at least) then.

Billboard 200

158 (106) 03 Blue Banisters

The d*layed v*nyls may help it squeeze in a fourth week, which is how many weeks Chemtrails charted. I believe the Target exclusive one was also released on the 12th.

OK so I have decided Chemtrails is the better album. I've listened to "White Dress" 18x this evening with multiple glasses of red wine and I'm RUINED

Sun stare
Don't care with my head in my hands
Thinking of a simpler time

Like Sun Ra
Feel small
But I had it under control every time...

It's such a VIBE

Summer, summer's almost gone
We were talking about life
We were sittin outside till dawn

But I would still go back
If I could do it all again I thought
Because it made me feel
Made me feel like a GOD
Cause it made me feel, made me feel like a GOD!
Cause it made me feel, made me feel like a GOD!

White Dress GIF by Lana Del Rey

Last edited:
OK so I have decided Chemtrails is the better album. I've listened to "White Dress" 18x this evening with multiple glasses of red wine and I'm RUINED

what the fuck? :D based entirely on White Dress (WHICH IS NOT EVEN A VERY GOOD SONG)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom