Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

Does having just read her Wikipedia article count as knowing who she is?
Meme Reaction GIF

“Dealer” (with Miles Kane) has leaked in LQ and is kind of already a serve. The quality doesn’t do it justice as there is clearly a lot going on musically. I can’t really compare it to anything else she’s done which is refreshing post-Jack. A bit UV but that’s even a stretch.

All circuits are busy. GOODBYE. :disco:

01 - Text Book
02 - Blue Banisters
03 - Arcadia
04 - Interlude - The Trio
05 - Black Bathing Suit
06 - If You Lie Down With Me
07 - Beautiful
08 - Violets For Roses
09 - Dealer
10 - Thunder
11 - Wildflower Wildfire
12 - Nectar of the Gods
13 - Living Legend
14 - Cherry Blossom
15 - Sweet Carolina
No covers? :o

I rarely fail to be amused by the "new album with horrible cover" title of this thread

Beautiful is a cover of the Girls Aloud classic Beautiful (Cos You Love Me)

I would imagine it could be a deppressive, weed-induced version of the XXXtina Classic set along to a DEATH MARCH beat.

I'm sure @Dark Carnival will hate this :D

her vocal is an absolute delight and the slight jazzy inflections to the production are stunning. it's just so freeform and loose. I don't think this album will be for most of y'all!

she doesn't even try with her videos anymore.

DEliver us QUEEN.

Arcadia's pretty good :disco: Now that's a surprise.

yassss @ Trio. Give us that PISTOLERO trap-influenced immigrant anthem Queen. Excuse me while I twerk at the US border.

I'm sure @Dark Carnival will hate this :D

her vocal is an absolute delight and the slight jazzy inflections to the production are stunning. it's just so freeform and loose. I don't think this album will be for most of y'all!
I don’t! It’s still lacking that great melody throughout but the vocals are PER-FECT indeed.

the video has quite a bit of LANA MAGIC in a way that none of her visuals have since Doin' Time. love it.

They can shove it at £35 tho' - CD it is.

"Arcadia" is lovely and the video is suspiciously inexpensive. Nae werewolves this time, eh?

I like but don’t love “Arcadia” yet. The interlude tacked on at the end makes me think “Black Bathing Suit” is going to be something of a banger.

The album is out October 22, 2021. Do we know if physicals will be out at the same time? Does she stand a chance for #1 on either side of the Atlantic?

Not even delivered to your home by LANA herself?
Oh we all know what she’s like. She’d probably fall asleep on the doorstep or forget why she was there. Mind you, better that than H off The Steps SCREAMING IN MY FACE

The album is out October 22, 2021. Do we know if physicals will be out at the same time? Does she stand a chance for #1 on either side of the Atlantic?
I read that the album is out on October 8th with physicals following on the 22nd. so, what do you think? :basil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom