Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

octophone

Prole Art Threat
At the end of a Instagram post during which she claps back at those who have criticised her lyrics over the years, she casually drops the news that she's now doing 2 poetry books and that these will be published by Simon & Schuster and then that her new album has been scheduled.

Woop!

(nb - you have swipe to the 2nd page of the instagram post because she's an awkward sod)

could this thread title be any uglier? it's called White Hot Forever, can someone amend to the USUAL STRUCTURE?

When did Ariana release a song about wearing no clothes, fucking and cheating? What did I miss?

well Side to Side fulfils one of those things quite nicely

Shaking and crying.

The other night, I listened to her entire discography because I couldn't sleep. She has something unique and special to offer each and every time, so I am naturally PERCHED for this.

It'll be added when it's confirmed. So citation needed etc.
She confirmed the title in an August 2019 Times interview: "It’s called White Hot Forever. I feel like it probably will be a surprise release sometime within the next 12 or 13 months.” Not fussed about the thread title, but carry on however you wish.

EDIT: 9/5/20 is actually a Saturday :side-eye::confused:

Dunno if it's any use to anyone, but I ordered a copy of Paradise on vinyl for £8.99 from The Sound of Vinyl the other day and what's turned up is the Born To Die Paradise Edition Box Set which is going for about £70 on Discogs.

Not sure if it's a one off or a cataloguing error their end...

Dunno if it's any use to anyone, but I ordered a copy of Paradise on vinyl for £8.99 from The Sound of Vinyl the other day and what's turned up is the Born To Die Paradise Edition Box Set which is going for about £70 on Discogs.

Not sure if it's a one off or a cataloguing error their end...
Just checked and it's now £9.99 and says it's released 29 May. Is being reprinted or something? Might be that they've had a reorganise and yours went wrong in the reshuffle.

I thought you were offering to flog your £70-worth vinyl to someone here out goodness of your heart. :D

This racism scandal is such bollocks.

The post is a bit CRINGE but the way people will whip themselves into a frenzy over a poorly judged rant as if it makes her a WHITE SUPREMACIST.

The denizens of PopJustice are wondering if they should destroy their Robyn albums because she LIKED THE POST :D

Just checked and it's now £9.99 and says it's released 29 May. Is being reprinted or something? Might be that they've had a reorganise and yours went wrong in the reshuffle.

I thought you were offering to flog your £70-worth vinyl to someone here out goodness of your heart. :D

Sure! I’ll flog it to you.

For £70. :D

The post is a bit off in timing. Lana, PEOPLE ARE DYING, who cares if people thought you were problematic five, ten years ago? You had the most critically acclaimed album of 2019, love.

with that said, the people who claim it is racist are idiots and don’t get the point even if the post is a bit messy. Also, since when is Ariana or Camila BLACK?

I mean, she namechecked like seven women and five were black. The two she follows on Instagram are... the two white/latino ones, despite claiming that all of the artists listed are among her favourites. You can understand the optics of that.

Obviously I do not think she's racist but coming for the industry by saying you've had it so hard (because some critics 8 years ago questioned your identity and politics) while also listing successful black women and saying they don't have it as hard (when all have had to work 5x as hard for their success, and some, Kehlani for instance, have literally struggled with homelessness) is a major eye roll at best and at worst feels like unprovoked career suicide.

I'm still all over the music but it's hard to imagine what the fuck she's thinking. Bitch has lost it. And she can forget that critical acclaim she so craves after all this :D

It will have no impact on her critical acclaim at all. Twitter can shit the bed all it wants, it has no impact on the real world. No-one with a brain in their head will stop listening to her off the back of this; it's not a Morrissey situation where the fanbase is visibly and audibly disappointing, it's a social media cancellation by people who already hated her.

In other words: big fucking whoop.

Like most celebrities who cultivate an air of ‘mystique’, she can only disappoint when she actually opens her mouth. Let the music do the talking, Lana.

I agree with Octy though. This is an embarassment, not a career killer.

I mean, she namechecked like seven women and five were black. The two she follows on Instagram are... the two white/latino ones, despite claiming that all of the artists listed are among her favourites. You can understand the optics of that.

Obviously I do not think she's racist but coming for the industry by saying you've had it so hard (because some critics 8 years ago questioned your identity and politics) while also listing successful black women and saying they don't have it as hard (when all have had to work 5x as hard for their success, and some, Kehlani for instance, have literally struggled with homelessness) is a major eye roll at best and at worst feels like unprovoked career suicide.

I'm still all over the music but it's hard to imagine what the fuck she's thinking. Bitch has lost it. And she can forget that critical acclaim she so craves after all this :D
I think she was using them as examples of a double standard rather than disparaging what they do. And I agree with @octophone that the twitter brigade coming for her will make no impact on how her next album does/is received - those girls left the Lana camp in 2013 (if they ever were in it in the first place).

To be fair, she should probably change the album name from White Hot Forever though. :D

The latest Insta note:

Last edited:
I think the main thing is that she could have made her point without shitting all over other female artists, most of whom are black.

Just makes the rest come off as very “oblivious white feminist.”

Also, to smooth over the racism angle, she's now dragged FKA Twigs into it. Erm... :manson:

Actually starting to think someone needs to intervene here.

She doesn't seem well in that video on Instagram to be honest. She seems like she's having a breakdown - I wonder what else is at play here, since nothing in particular triggered this meltdown other than events from the distant past

Reactions: Zu
She doesn't seem well in that video on Instagram to be honest. She seems like she's having a breakdown - I wonder what else is at play here, since nothing in particular triggered this meltdown other than events from the distant past
She had a semi public break up with that Sean Larkin guy earlier this year. And I'm sure quarantine/a pandemic hasn't helped anyone's mental health.

Anyway, looking forward to COCC - it looks like this is exclusively a Jack Antonoff affair.

I feel bad for her.

That first post was dumb, but the way people are acting as if she's some KKK member rather than just a bit self-absorbed is ridiculous. There has to be some appreciation for nuance, that most people have subconscious biases, but this response has been ridiculously over the top and I think speaks more to people wanting to perform outrage for approval than doing anything to combat racism.

She's looking gorgeous in the latest Instagram pic

CBCRLtFJahR

ohhh-ahhh ahhh
abuse.. me... baby
ohhh-ahhhh ahhh-ahhhhhHHhh
ab.... USE.... me... bay... be
\
7b4fxt0wgyy31.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom