Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Tisch:

ukraine-ok.jpg

While we are derailing this Chemtrails thread, I’m having a moment to “Cinnamon Girl”…

There’s things I want to say to you
But I’ll just let you live
Like if you hold me without hurting me
You’ll be the first who ever did

There’s things I want to talk about
But they know not to give
Like if you hold me without hurting me
You’ll be… the first… who ever did…

*dies*

I'm not going to bother to bump the Blue Banisters thread because apparently she may have changed the album name again (rumored to be Arcadia, which is a better title IMO) 🤡 The album is apparently longer than Chemtrails but features 5+ songs from prior eras (some we heard via leaks some we have not) including one written by her ex Barrie-James O'Neil ("Brooklyn Baby", "Riverside")

Some tidbits from a "reliable insider":

- Arcadia (the Instagram snippet from July 4th), plus the three singles she released in May (Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, and Text Book) are confirmed to still be on the album.
- The album’s previous title track Loved You Then and Now (aka Rock Candy Sweet) is confirmed to be scrapped
- Leaked tracks Thunder and Cherry Blossom have been heavily implied if not confirmed to be on the album.
- 5+ scrapped songs from previous eras (possibly including Thunder and Cherry Blossom) have been confirmed to be on the new album’s track list.

Blue Banisters, the title song, is amazing and cannot be scrapped. the other two from the tringle I could live without.

any update on when it's coming @POP!?

I wouldn't have thought she'd be in a position to tinker with the tracklist if it's coming this year, since vinyl production is taking 6-12 months these days.

She is teasing shitty CD insert art... because she hates us? But collaborators are doubling down on it, signaling she is feeding us... soon.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.44.17 AM.png

Oh, she has to use that picture as a cover for something, she just has to. :disco:
She really is the ultimate TROLL. I mean, c'mon Lana, the whole world is absolutely bored of everything now but REALLY?

"White Dress" ranked #5 on Pitchfork's top 100 songs of 2021. The TASTE

The pop music Lana Del Rey is making right now feels unattainable, like you simply have to cock your head and admire it through glass. Who is this person casting Sun Ra and Kings of Leon in a similar light? Who is using an Orlando business conference as a catalyst for Proustian reverie? Who is whispering these chipped-paint choruses so high in her register that they are impossible to sing along to? Who are you? is a question that has dogged Lana’s entire career, a question her songs answer mythically, cryptically, truthfully—sometimes all at once.

This is what happens on “White Dress,” co-written by Jack Antonoff, a delirious highlight from her album Chemtrails Over the Country Club. Lana—a goth who wears all white in an attempt to be the most goth—is our melodramatic tour guide through her past, our “waitress/white dress” near-homophone queen. Sure, it’s a trip down memory lane to a simpler life before all the tabloid brouhaha, but when she sings about how waiting tables “made me feel like a god,” it’s as if she’s staring into a swirling cauldron, casting a spell to deify herself once more. –Jeremy D. Larson

I was a waitress
Wearing a tight dress
Look how I do this
Look how I got this

Made me feel made me feel
Like a god
It kind of makes me feel
Like maybe I was better off :sad:

loving the acclaim for our queen of being loved by critics and then making entire albums with a fuck the critics subtext, but White Dress making that list over Blue Bannisters is a straight-up joke. as if.

loving the acclaim for our queen of being loved by critics and then making entire albums with a fuck the critics subtext, but White Dress making that list over Blue Bannisters is a straight-up joke. as if.
There's a picture on the wall
Of @Jark on a John Deere
@Suedey handed me a beer and said
How the hell did she get here

Whilst White Dress is clearly one of her best-ever songs, I'm AMAZED Pitchfork chose it over DEALER - the Lana song* that has had the most impact since High By The Beach.
As a further tangent, I'm amazed Dealer wasn't named their song of the year, especially in the year Bunny Is A Rider won :D It's such an obvious choice to me. It wasn't even in their top 50!

*that's been officially released

^ obsessed with the stanning.

her grandmother has died. posting only in absence of any actual music news.

Awe hopefully she got to visit with her prior to her passing. I know she mentioned during her acceptance speech that she was going upstate to visit shortly after.

In other news, Chemtrails has re-entered the Billboard 200 due to the new vinyl variant released on Record Store Day:

Billboard 200

90 (RE) 05 Chemtrails Over The Country

Up 507%

Jark's on the run with you, my sweet love
There's nothing wrong contemplating God
Under the chemtrails over the country club
Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool.
Jark and my sister just playing it cool
Under the chemtrails over the country club

you know you've made it when Lana writes a song about you. I've got a seat at the table alongside Nikki Lane now :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom