Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

I think it'll be her BEDTIME STORIES.

*I'm not your bitch. Don't hang your shit on me!*

Drops out of the Billboard 200 after four weeks on the chart. Meanwhile Born to Die spends its 390th week on the chart. I think all of her other albums spent at least 20 weeks.

2-40-87-121-OUT

tenor.gif

ROCK CANDY SWEET OUT JUNE 1.

Well, she's done shag all to promote the album. Moving onto the next album as soon as the bugger's out is very rarely helpful.

yeah, zero promo and the fact that replay value is just not....there.

*listens to BTD and Ultraviolence for the millionth time*

I only bought it yesterday. It was one of 5 CDs I bought and I've put the Arlo Parks album back on for another listen before I've even opened the shrinkwrap on Chemtrails. I'm not completely sure I'd have bought COTCC if the shops had some of the other stuff I was looking for!

I played it again this week. Only the second (?) time since our sync listen. It's nice but nothing on it makes me want to go back to it.

I think I like it. It's a very mood-specific album and that's its failure - you need to immerse yourself in her world for the album to work; she doesn't draw you into a world the way she did on, say, "Honeymoon". But there are some lovely songs - "Wild At Heart" is gorgeous.

93 Born To Die
91 Paradise
94 Ultraviolence
89 Honeymooon
88 Lust for Life
97 Norman Fucking Rockwell
76 Chemtrails Over The Country Club

we don't stan Karen Del Rey in this household i guess. White Dress and Wild at Heart are 11/10 moments tho.

Just listening to this properly now.. better late than never!

(already knew the first 4)

07 White Dress
08 Chemtrails Over The Country Club
08 Tulsa Jesus Freak
09 Let Me Love You Like A Woman
08 Wild At Heart - I really like the chorus in this, even if it does sound like a bridge. The verses are a bit meh.
08 Dark But Just A Game - this really stood out when the beat kicked in. Got under my skin. I'll be coming back to this.
06 Not All Who Wander Are Lost - this sounds like one of her slight ditties that just sounds like an extended interlude. OK.
07 Yosemite - started off like another extended interlude but the chorus is really haunting and I like.
05 Breaking Up Slowly - I didn't care for this. Forgettable.
06 Dance Til We Die - OK. Album appears to be drifting off a bit now.
07 For Free - A nice album closer at least. I like the classic Americana sound. A bit Bonnie Raitt / Stevie Nicks.

Overall, typical LDR album for me - very solid, nothing terrible, but nothing that massively stands out either. Only the debut album has ever had genuine 10/10 thrills for me. Still here for it though and looking forward to the next one, terrible artwork notwithstanding.

60,000 for silver, right? It's not great for an artist of her stature and profile. I couldn't get into it but it may prove to be one that grows, who knows? It's all just a bit tone deaf but maybe her tone will come back into sync.

Silver is pretty good considering how quick it fell off the charts, but I mean it had a great first week so that kind of carried it through.

I love Lana but this is my least favourite LP by her.
I’m inclined to agree. “Yosemite”, “White Dress”, and “Dance Till We Die” are already Lana classics for me though. “Objectively” fine but the entire affair is very slight for a Lana album with too much filler for an 11 track album.

Let's do ANOTHER

Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Can-you-know-it-all
You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you
ACTUALLY you remind me that In fact --

Can I add here that the entire LDR syncette listenette series broke Moopy. And yes I don't mind doing it all over again for the Queen.

NFR RATE because never a bad time

10 Norman Fucking Rockwell
10 Mariner's Apartment Complex
09 13 Beaches
11 Venice Bitch
07 Fuck It I Love You
08 Doin Time
10 Love Song
11 Cinnamon Girl
07 How to Disappear
13 California
10 Next Best American Record
12 The Greatest
08 Happiness is a Butterfly
10 Hope is a Dangerous Thing

Actually, I should pop NFR on. I've been working on some audio of my own all night so I haven't been doing any listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom