Laurence Fox: Cunt

Eddie

User
Did anyone catch Question Time yesterday? I did, purely by chance (Fiona Bruce is atrocious). I can’t say I particularly care for Harry and Meghan (and the rest of the royal family, for that matter) or about the so-called accusations of racism towards her by the media and public at large (if this wasn’t about the cult of celebrity or an entitled family, I would have a different view) but this tool really did make an absolute show of himself.

I just wish we had someone other than Shami Chakrabharti to offer an opposing view. The live audience seemed to roundly take his side much of the time.

It's the dumbest show on TV, you'd stay more in tune with the national mood watching Love Island.

Didn't watch it last night but read about the furore. I saw that despite it being in Marxist Liverpool, they now just admit that they fill the audience with Tories wherever they go to "reflect the political climate". That seems far more notable to me than some B-list actor realising you can make decent money ripping off Piers Morgan.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNL
He’s been a cunt for a while now, ever since he started hawking his shitty “anti-woke” music.

He’s been a cunt for a while now, ever since he started hawking his shitty “anti-woke” music.

What's this?

I remember thinking he was a knob on Celebrity Gogglebox, though I can't remember why.

I've never heard of her but I had a look at his twitter. These people who claim to be the opposing force to the SJW brigade are just as bad, same shit, different side of the fence. Honestly, why can't people just turn it in.

Wait, what? I'm only vaguely aware of him as an actor but this sounds almost intriguing. I wouldn't want to give him traffic or clicks but I kinda want to hear this on a know-your-enemy basis...

He started a music career last year and gave a load of interviews about how his music is “anti-pc” and how he wants to be the antithesis of “hypocritical woke hipsters”. Obviously name dropped Billie Piper all the while too so people could vaguely remember who he is.

I've literally only heard of him because of his left-baiting comments. It's annoying how that's such an easy way to an enhanced media career now. As if he'd have had the QT booking otherwise.

Prediction: his acting career stalls, he moans about being shut out by the liberal elite, becomes an increasingly right-wing rent-a-gob for the next decade. You could script it.

I just looked up his most recent song - get this for lyrics... "They have put something in the water, They seek a cure for the conversation.....And the first to fall is laughter, Just to quell the unoffended, They seek to murder your opinion"

What a CUNT. He also sounds like he's doing a faux-Jamaican accent which isn't great for someone claiming not to be racist. It is, of course, shit - imagine Newton Faulkner with the wit and verbal dexterity of Liz Truss.

Prediction: his acting career stalls, he moans about being shut out by the liberal elite, becomes an increasingly right-wing rent-a-gob for the next decade. You could script it.

It's already building. From The Stage:

Actors are being called on to “unequivocally denounce” Laurence Fox, after he became in embroiled in a race row during an appearance on BBC1’s Question Time.

Equity’s minority ethnic members committee described his words on the programme as “disgraceful playing to the gallery” and labelled him a “disgrace to our industry”.

The comments come after Fox addressed comments made by Question Time audience member Rachel Boyle, who said the Duchess of Sussex had been the victim of racism.

“Let’s be really clear about what this is, let’s call it by its name – it’s racism. She’s a black woman and she has been torn to pieces,” Boyle said.

Fox responded by saying: “We’re the most tolerant, lovely country in Europe. It’s not racism. It’s so easy to just throw your charge of racism at everybody and it’s really starting to get boring now.”

When Boyle described him as “a white privileged male” he replied: “I can’t help what I am, I was born like this, it’s an immutable characteristic, so to call me a white privileged male is to be racist — you’re being racist.”

Responding to the exchange, the minority ethnic committee said it was “extremely disturbed” that Fox had been given a platform to “berate and bully women of colour attempting to discuss issues of race and gender discrimination”.

It went on to describe Fox as a “disgrace to our industry” and said he had “occupied a highly advantaged position”, but added that he had appeared to “damn any recognition of that privilege as the very racism he claims is exaggerated when people of colour try to discuss it”.

The committee used its Twitter account to claim he was guilty of “a disgraceful playing to the gallery, a populist tirade, with women of colour being used as cannon fodder”.

“We call on all Equity members to unequivocally denounce Laurence Fox and his comments,” it added.

In response, Equity said: “These tweets were sent out by two committee members without consultation with the committee as a whole or Equity staff. Equity has asked for the tweets to be taken down while a more considered response to the issue is discussed.”

https://www.thestage.co.uk/?p=442474

Didn’t he have some sort of road accident a few years ago which nearly killed him? Maybe he’s got some brain damage.

Reactions: SDF
What's this?

I remember thinking he was a knob on Celebrity Gogglebox, though I can't remember why.

Yes he was generally a bit obnoxious on that but I think there was something in particular he said that I really didn't like.

I see he complained that the custody battle with Billie had lost him his big pile of money. Shame.

It’s a shame because I used to quite fancy him and he was never shy to get his big knob out in films.

Now he just is a big knob. :(

Hoping his sister Lydia takes his side and dumps Richard Ayoade so I can have him :disco:

He calls himself 'Lozza' on social media. If there was any doubt before (there wasn't), that would seal it for me.

He posted a pic of his steak and chips alongside a comment about the millions of carrots that "die" for Veganuary. It's one fuck of a midlife crisis. If he wasn't rich, he'd be one of those Fathers 4 Justice blokes hanging off the railings in a Spiderman outfit.

How do all these toffs end up looking like faces-of-meth? I've seen more attractive spice addicts passed out in their own vomit. You have money. Please buy a bar of soap.

"I think the least we can do is let them have a fucking slogan" is such a response to *ll L*v*s M*tt*r.

"I think the least we can do is let them have a fucking slogan" is such a response to *ll L*v*s M*tt*r.
Such a what response? I'm not pouncing by the way, I just think there's a word missing :angel:

Him isolating that line like that and calling her racist is completely disingenuous :zombie:

This idiot attempting to maintain a semblance of a public profile riles me far more than it really should.

It's literally true, and taken out of a private chat sounds a bit rough. But as a basic response from one white person to another it does the job.

She's tried to say "do you have to make everything about you?" and has come out with "look, it;s just a slogan, clam down dear".

NOT GOOD.

Just started following her based on this exchange. Proper own goal for him, this.

Well, sort of, he does seem to have got it into her net on a ricochet.

In fairness to Rebecca Front, I'm sure she would have considered her words more carefully if she'd known they were going to be published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom