Lisa Stansfield Returns

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Lisa did the BBC piano room this week. It is up on iPlayer. She did Change, a cover of You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine by Lou Rawls and a new song/single My Man:

These orchestra performances sometimes sound quite different from the recording but the impression is it is very much in her usual wheelhouse.

I'd like her to to work with some other people, especially in terms of production, but I expect it will be another in house job. Though there were good songs on both of her last two albums she deserves something a bit more polished and current.

I love her new look!

I was so excited when I heard she had a new single but I can't find any promo online anywhere about whether we're getting a new album. You would assume yes, but strange these days to perform a song live and then not have it straight onto streaming. Hopefully "My Man" drops in the next week or so, it sounds GREAT.

She's AMAZING live. I'd go see her again.

Another impromtu Lisa Top Ten just because! I've been getting more into the second album in RECENT YEARS...

1. Change
2. So Natural
3. Someday (I'm Coming Back)
4. The Real Thing
5. I Will Be Waiting
6. Real Love
7. I'm Leavin'
8. Live Together
9. This Is The Right Time
10. All Around The World

I love her new look!

I was so excited when I heard she had a new single but I can't find any promo online anywhere about whether we're getting a new album. You would assume yes, but strange these days to perform a song live and then not have it straight onto streaming. Hopefully "My Man" drops in the next week or so, it sounds GREAT.
Vernon was trying to get info out of her but she was being very cagey. She did concede that we should be getting more new music this year

Vernon was trying to get info out of her but she was being very cagey. She did concede that we should be getting more new music this year

She really didn't want to say 'album' did she? I think she just referred to My Man as a new song... Radio 2 are calling it her new single in the upload though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom