Lithuania 2022: Monika Liu - Sentimentai

Winner of the Heat Two tonight - Ieva back with a ballad

This early 2000ish RnB (with a dubstep/Balkan chorus? :D) track came second-last with the jury but just narrowly qualified after winning the televote. :D

Last edited:
One of the eliminees, this kinda had potential but crashed out early after the Dilba mousy level of engagement performance she delivered :D / :(

(you can hear her voice clearing quite a bit...)

One of the eliminees, this kinda had potential but crashed out early after the Dilba mousy level of engagement performance she delivered :D / :(

(you can hear her voice clearing quite a bit...)

This is quite interesting, shame she was so unstable, is there a studio version to understand what it could sound like potentially?

Edit: Oh there is :disco:

Last edited:
This is quite interesting, shame she was so unstable, is there a studio version to understand what it could sound like potentially?

Edit: Oh there is :disco:

Ohhh this studio version is lovely. :disco:

In the studio version, I can definitely recognise there was potential for a sultry and wistful gem. :disco: Shame it has fallen flat live. :D:(

Consider me well and truly FRIGHTEN.

1642552294976.png

Lolita 2.Zero notwithstanding, a couple of promising ones from the final heat have emerged. The first one is hands down the best thing I've heard in the selection so far (not that that's difficult), and the second one seems to be the favourite, and would be pretty different so I'd be all for it going to Eurovision.

Both in Lithuanian as well (although the Vasha one is likely to go into English down the line).

Last edited:
I noticed last night that Lithuania's odds had shortened to third favourites so thought they must just have revealed something good. (Of course odds overall are pretty meaningful at this stage, apart from Bulgaria being rightfully last).

They really saved all the competitive stuff for Heat 3!

This one is also very good

Okay now I've got past my disappointment there's no nod to the Jurijus Lolita voice from the first time round (it should totally go off at about the 1:45 mark into falsetto), that's amazing. The LAUGH going into the breakdown :disco:

This stormed the jury and public votes tonight so I think it’s firmly lodged as frontrunner now:

Why does he not know how to hold himself? Why did they not go into a LIGHT SHOW for the electronic explosion? Why did they think any of this was ENOUGH?

Just realised that if Monika wins, it will their first song in Lithuanian (with the exception of the rap in You Got Style) since their first ever entry in 1994.

The first four finalists were chosen last night (yes this is crawling towards a conclusion).

This won overall last night:

Lolita stormed the televote with three times the votes of the second placer:

Gebrasy is also through but isn’t shaping up to be the hot favourite originally thought:

Washing Machine also scraped through, yay! Although they performed a weird remix this week:

Monika qualified for the final last night with full marks from the jury and the televote.

Three other songs also qualified apparently.

Yeah, I reckon that'll get lost on the night. Say what you will about Lolita, but that definitely wouldn't have been the case for her...

Not here for the song but here for them sending something in LITHUANIAN :disco:

(Apparently for the first time since Strazdas in 1999! :disco:)

Reactions: VoR
Looking at the draw Albania could do VERY WELL considering there surrounded by some absolute TAT in the first half of their semi (this, Bulgaria and Moldova + whatever Latvia serve up in a few minutes :D).

Not here for the song but here for them sending something in LITHUANIAN :disco:

(Apparently for the first time since Strazdas in 1999! :disco:)
Technically in a dialect! First time in full since their debut in 1994 :o

Also - LOL at this being the first year they gave the entrants money for staging only for THIS TO WIN :D

There’s a definite vibe of PETRA NIELSEN WITH A BOWL CUT here except without any of the MUCH LOVED TANGO FUN :(

Darling I think we can replace GET LOST with BE INSTANTLY FORGOTTEN AND TRIGGER A EUROPE-WIDE TURD BREAK :disco:
NO SHITTING DURING EUROVISION BROADCASTS :oi:

The bowl must remain UTTERLY PRISTINE for the VOMITING HORROR when a favourite doesn't qualify/a STRAIGHT MAN WINS!

NO SHITTING DURING EUROVISION BROADCASTS :oi:

The bowl must remain UTTERLY PRISTINE for the VOMITING HORROR when a favourite doesn't qualify/a STRAIGHT MAN WINS!
Who said anything about a bowl? They just drop their drawers and do it out of the window in some countries

Such as MALTA :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom