Little Boots - Tomorrow's Yesterdays (album 4)

EuroTischion

LoooOoOOOOooooOOOOpppp
The other Queen of slightly experimental pop also releases today :disco: First album since 2015(!)

I'm midway through and really enjoying it. It's a return to pop and there are some beautiful synthy notes through. Silver Balloons never quite did it to me, but as a whole I think I'll enjoy this without a huge need to return to it much. "Crying on the Inside" is LUSH. "Heavenly" sounds straight from album #1 :disco:

She's also SINGLE(?) PREGNANT which I'm assuming might cause her to be away for part of the Abba tour which is a slight shame as that's surely the biggest gig she's EVER had. Good luck to her though etc.!

The slightly underwhelming singles definitely sound better in the context of the album (Silver Balloons especially has grown a lot), but I'm not convinced the MOR feel on a number of the tracks is the best fit for her. A hard pass on the Back To Mine invitation in particular (Karen's having a ball and all).

I think most of the songs are good to decent but could do with a bit of a spit and polish, and she generally sounds better with a synth backing, which I think is why Want You Back? sounds so good. Nothing Ever Changes is great as well.

I have to appreciate the taste in cover selection here, and Boots at least sounds very good (better than on a lot of her album):

I've gone back to it quite a bit this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom