Little Mix - Between Us (Greatest Hits + Hiatus)

A few listens in and this is one of my favorites of theirs. It should be huge, it’s triumphant.

Who are we expecting to triumph in the album chart next week, Little Mix or Taylor Swift?

Is Taylor actually doing well with these re releases then?

I thought they were just like those deluxe catalogue reissues you get, throw em out without much fanfare but watch the sales trickle in steadily over the years.

Had no idea. Good for her, given the reasons why she’s doing it.

Is Taylor actually doing well with these re releases then?

I thought they were just like those deluxe catalogue reissues you get, throw em out without much fanfare but watch the sales trickle in steadily over the years.

Had no idea. Good for her, given the reasons why she’s doing it.
Fearless was #1 in the US with 290k! and #1 UK also.

if Red (TV) also goes to #1, she'll tie 2nd place (with Kylie) for the most #1 albums by a female artist in the UK. I'd expect 30k+ for Red so I'm not sure what Little Mix are aiming for, but there's every chance ABBA's second week could gold them both off the top.

I hope Spotify is getting a deluxe version pronto because I CANNOT believe they've left out Love Me Like You aka one of their best singles :shock:

The new songs are so good. No is probably the weakest so that’s an interesting choice. Trash is brilliant.

As a hits package it’s pretty much wall to wall bangers and top tier ballads. Excellent work are Mixers.

Love that aesthetic of the video. Somebody had fun scouting for a North London house in dire need of a refurb. Great single - I really hope they do carry on (but just take a break). It feels like they still have a lot to give as a group.

Looked at this yesterday but couldn't work out which version had the most new tracks.

I love how Jade goes way beyond surface-level allyship to the point where she basically has the exact taste and frame of cultural references as a gay man. :D

She was so so so good on Table Manners on the allyship subject and just absolutely hilarious from start to finish. What an absolute star. :disco:

Shit, I forgot all about Table Manners when I got a new phone and had to resubscribe to all my favourite podcasts. Hopefully there are a few good ones to catch up with.

upsetting-thats-so-upsettin.gif

Oh.

Like it’s well done, but to only put like six songs in it? They could’ve easily done one with about 15 genuine big hits.

What the Saturdays did so well was find a sonic through-line. This feels disjointed. Maybe it's because their style chopped and changed a lot with trends. Shout Out To My Ex sounds completely incongruous when put aside Sweet Melody.

Also: Move cancelled. It's their best song.

The SATZ cackling into their meagre residual cheques watching that :disco:

It does make you realise how good they actually were despite being entirely LOW RENT

I thought that was fan made at first. A megamix is supposed to feel like one song with a continuous flow, and also celebrate the highlights of a back cat. This feels like someone took 6 songs and stitched them together on their laptop.

the gall of Jade to say she'd been studying the transitions in the Saturdays megamix :D big "I spent all weekend reading Marx before the philosophy exam, honestly!" energy.

Somehow I do feel the need to pit these two powerful girl groups against one another to find out which one I kind of like the most.

I adore Wings, Move, Sweet Melody, and Touch. But then nothing makes me shake and cry like Up, Higher and All Fired Up.

Somehow I do feel the need to pit these two powerful girl groups against one another to find out which one I kind of like the most.

I adore Wings, Move, Sweet Melody, and Touch. But then nothing makes me shake and cry like Up, Higher and All Fired Up.
Is this even contentious? It's the Saturdays by a country mile!

Not enough is being said about CUT YOU OFF. It's my favourite of the new songs and the lyrics are really rather 🍿

Don't think I believe ya, is the grass out there really greener?
Are you happy now? (Are you happy now?)
I know you think you're all that, it'll be so sweet when you crawl back
But it's too late now (Too late now)

Full single treatment incl juicy video STAT!

Is it just me or have the singles for this project been a bit shit? Not the best way to bookmark your first collection.

Between Us is probably the best / most mature song, and it was shat out as a grat without a proper video. I think "No" is awful tbh. The others all sounds like throwaway generic dance-pop album filler.

Where's the ANTHEMZ?

The promo has been half-arsed too. I think they're over it.

To be fair, two of them are brand new mums - so I assume the point of the project is to keep them out there while they concentrate on their lives for a bit. I thought given the circumstances the promotion is actually quite strong :D

I like the two singles but they aren’t top tier to be fair.

Is it just me or have the singles for this project been a bit shit? Not the best way to bookmark your first collection.

Between Us is probably the best / most mature song, and it was shat out as a grat without a proper video. I think "No" is awful tbh. The others all sounds like throwaway generic dance-pop album filler.

Where's the ANTHEMZ?

The promo has been half-arsed too. I think they're over it.

Between Us is really strong I think if given the correct promo/push. Agreed on 'No' - just generic and lazy and not up to their usual single standard.

They are doing Graham Norton next week, not sure if they are performing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom