Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert

Jark

User
4th album from the London rapper/singer that's winning her loads of attention and critical acclaim right now.

there's a lot of genre hopping here but the production is highly rich, lush and textured throughout and peppered with soul, and she's got a beautiful flow.

I'd recommend Woman, Protect My Energy, Little Q pt 2 and Point & Kill as starting points.

surreally, the interludes are narrated by Princess Diana (or rather Emma Corrin from The Crown). I can't explain that. :D

@FetchFugly @Tisch @Suedey @Beryl @Pipo @RJN

I’ve heard about how good it is and keep meaning to listen

GREY Area might be my favorite female rap album ever

Bought this yesterday, very very good on first listen. There's a lot of it so it'll probably take a few listens to sink in but it's a hell of a ride, really ambitious and really enjoyable with it.

Love this. I love the diversity. The interludes are a bit odd, it feels a bit lifted from Loyal Carne and his Mum but doesnt work quite as well

the production on Protect My Energy is like early 00s Timbaland ON CRACK. really great stuff.

I cannot get over the mad posh interludes on this :D

do you want fifteen YAAAAHRS
or fifteen minutes?!

great spring/late summer record. so breezy and soulful.

GREY Area might be my favorite female rap album ever
I have been cherry picking from this to continue my Simz education and MY GOD! why did nobody tell me about 101 FM?

bouncy looping video game beat? radio station segue outro? EVERY BOX CHECKED! it strangely reminds me of Genesis by Grimes. such a happy song.

my impression of the other tracks is that while they're good, she's clearly levelled up her artistry a LOT with this record. even the lyricism is way more incisive. so good for ha.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
She performed at the BRIT awards and won Best New Artist (and got endorsed by Adele). With a lot of the other winners being so predictable, it feels like she'll probably get the biggest boost from it.

that's so unexpected and deserved. her mum is too cute!

Yes, I was most pleased to see her as a winner last night in an otherwise pretty predictable batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom