London Bridge incident (2019 edition)

jivafox

slouching towards bethlehem
Pronouns
he/him

Apparently a knife attack, the suspect has been shot dead.

Some videos of the incident going around on Twitter so be careful if you search “London Bridge”

Sounds like a single stabbing, the perpetrator of whom was shot dead. Kinda shrug.

Feels like it’s been a while since we had something like this so it was quite exciting.

Sorry everybody.

Sounds like a single stabbing, the perpetrator of whom was shot dead. Kinda shrug.

I mean, there's an actual saying "don't being a knife to a gun fight". Did they think that was metaphorical or something??

Theory there are may have been an aborted vehicle ramming. But that may be interpretation.

What is the obsession with the bridges? There are far more busy areas of London. Almost anywhere in the West End could have far more impact.

Y'know who else is obsessed with bridges...Boris Johnson.

Just saying.

Are police looking for someone who looks like a cross between the Michelin Man and a maltreated Labrador?

Just got home and catching up on this, first video I found was the attacker getting shot.

Also, was that just a random civilian they had to drag off the attacker before shooting him? If so, that's some minerals.

BBC now saying the attack happened inside a building possibly a tube station.

BBC still saying a man was detained, so presumably that's the attacker and he's not dead, just wounded? Unless there was an accomplice.

Just got home and catching up on this, first video I found was the attacker getting shot.

Also, was that just a random civilian they had to drag off the attacker before shooting him? If so, that's some minerals.
I'm more impressed by the guy who runs off with his knife.

Those of you that watched the video to confirm whether the shot was fatal?!

Most video are fairly shaky and not surprisingly people shit themselves as the shots ring out, but if they were shooting in him because he was threatening to have a device, then its shoot to kill, no questions asked.

Fucking love the internet age. The victorians would have loved to watch someone get shot within 15 minutes of it happening.

Fucking love the internet age. The victorians would have loved to watch someone get shot within 15 minutes of it happening.
I read somewhere that we didn't know Abraham Lincoln had died for about 10 days.

Have to say one of my guiltiest pleasures is sorting through reports, video and photos on Twitter any time there is a major incident.

Have to say one of my guiltiest pleasures is sorting through reports, video and photos on Twitter any time there is a major incident.
If only there was a filter for 'opinions' during these times.

One witness saying he had a possible suicide vest on. Making more sense now...

It's not a big lorry either, it hasn't got a separate tractor/trailer, so it is a bit odd the angle its ended up at, I await more on this.

I think the lorry is irrelevant, could well be one of the people who stopped to apprehend him, they would be taken off for an interview and probably so fucking high on adrenaline they wouldn't mention they'd left a lorry sidewise across the bridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom