VoR

Take it or leave it
Who does she think she is?
I dunno...
D'ya reckon they're real?
Nah!
Hi girls!
Hi Louise!

Following a two year break in which she married football star Jamie Redknapp, Louise made her grand return in 2000 with the RnB-tinged 2-Faced. The newfound maturity initially payed off, and the song became (and remains) her highest-charting single to date, reaching #3 in July 2000. Sadly, there wasn't much else to recommend on the accompanying album, so the momentum was pretty much squandered, but the song remains a huge fan favourite, not least for the eminently quotable intro/outro dialogue. BELIEVE IT, HONEY.

So we predictably, though not unreasonably, end on two if Lou's most beloved 90s hits. Naked was the third and biggest hit from her debut album of the same name, and remains her signature tune to this day. Arms Around The World is a beautifully uplifting slice of Janet Jackson inspired pop shimmer, which led off her second album Woman In Me and reached #4 in October 1997.

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVE

3rd: 2 Faced
4th: Let's Go Round Again
5th: Stretch
6th: In Walked Love
7th: Undivided Love
8th: Super Magic
9th: All That Matters
=10th: Beautiful Inside
=10th: Hurt
12th: Lead Me On
=13th: Light of My Life
=13th: One Kiss From Heaven
=15th: Pandora's Kiss
=15th: Stuck In The Middle With You

I'm sure Naked will walk this, and not undeservedly, but I have so much nostalgic love for Arms Around The World.

The HOURS little 11 year old VoR spent in his bedroom lip syncing for his life to that middle eight. :disco:

(I never thought that I!)

Could find someone

Could reach the sun

Would feel your love

ALL AROUND THE WOOOOOOORLD!

I voted for Naked because I genuinely don't think I've ever heard the other one :D I guessed it was a classic as it wasn't getting many votes in the previous rounds, though!

AATW for me

And yes it does sound like Janet’s ‘Runaway’, but it’s also better than Janet’s ‘Runaway’

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Louise made her grand return in 2000 with the RnB-tinged 2-Faced. The newfound maturity initially payed off

Newfound maturity?

Hi girls, HI LOUISSSEEEEE

STOP YOUR BITCHIN' COS YOU'RE SO SAAADDD

It's all great fun, but it's also one step short of being the musical equivalent to Catherine Tate's LAUREN

AATW to win by a huge huge huge majority please

Naked is a juggernaut. All Around the World really is awash with the most scintillating flourishes - "you and I" is like glitter thrown as confetti, just look at Lil' Lou dazzle as her backing singers do all the heavy lifting like the good old days and surprisingly good new days. And I've no doubt it was murder trying to book at dentist appointment with all the gays wanting to recreate the gorgeous video. Naked slams (:deliberatereference:) though.

Was the title intentional in some sort of "straight guys googling Louise Naked" kinda way? That's SEO genius for the 90s at least.

Although I remember using Yahoo! more to search for stuff in the 90's.
Yes, when I first got internet Yahoo was king. I was amazed to discover how many artists had still been recording stuff and not dropped off the face of the Earth after all and spent a fortune buying cds that I’d no idea had come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom