Madame X sync listen - Sunday 22/05 at 9pm (late start to mirror Madame)

Madame X Sync?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You mean Faz Gostoso?
MisguidedFoolhardyEel-max-1mb.gif

I think her Fado interpretation is beautiful on this album and Killers is a fabulous example in spite of the clunky lyrics.

I love the EH EH EH (Nothing Else I Could Say) bits
But yeah the sheen has worn off a tad.
It’s an actual word not ‘eh’ though, it’s the Portuguese word for “it is” which is ‘é’. A word being a letter in this case. #languagegeek

09 Medellin
06 Dark Ballet
07 God Control
03 Future
05 Batuka
06 Killers Who Are Partying
05 Crave
02 Crazy
06 Come Alive
05 Extreme Occident
07 Faz Gostoso
00 Bitch I'm Loca
07 I Don't Search I Find
06 Looking For Mercy
07 I Rise

So I asked Alexa to play this just now and was greeted with silence too. Then I could hear voices in the bedroom and it turned out it had started on the other Alexa instead. Odd that happened to me too. The Alexa I want to use is intent on now playing me a Medellin remix instead of the album Madame X which it was asked for.

07 Medellin - I think it’s a good track but not the amazing song some would have you believe. It needs to hit a bit harder with the Latino FLAIR and APLOMB (to my ears)

08 Dark Ballet - I was glad to hear her trying something a bit more experimental than the past few albums but track 2 is not the place for this one on the album. I was already feeling mis-sold this as her Portuguese album after the first two songs.

09 God Control - The way she sings the closed mouth verses alternated with the choir is actually one of my favourite things on the album. I totally get it. I was disappointed she hadn’t written the Fischerspooner lyrics as they seemed very “Madonna”.

09 Future - I recall being the only person who spoke up for this on release. I do love a bit of reggaeton though I know it’s not enjoyed here. I seem to be the only person who likes Robyn’s ‘Dancehall Queen’ and my tropical house meets reggaeton ASFM entry was my worst performing one.

06 Batuka - I appreciate the intention but not generally a fan of songs centred around chanting. It is better listened to with the video though.

08 Killers Who Are Partying - Ah the music transports me to being back in Coimbra as a student. I wish she’d gone back to this and written better lyrics though.

07 Crave - I find this almost on the boring side but like when the male vocal comes in onwards most. However she sounds as dangerous as Mary Berry when singing about her dangerous cravings.

07 Crazy - Love the intro and some pretty good lyrics.

Last edited:
06 Come Alive - maybe it’s because I’m tired and it’s Monday but feeling intolerant of just repeating the title and passing it off as a chorus.

10 Extreme Occident - This is pretty authentic in parts and was the kind of album I’d been expecting. Almost deducted a point for the “life is a circle” refrain though.

09 Faz Gostoso - This is fun for Euro…Brazil. I was really familiar with the Bhuna original but this cover really elevates (though the Anitta parts are mainly responsible for this).

04 Bitch I’m Loca - Should have stuck this on disc 2 of the super deluxe. I find it really lazy and predictable.

09 I Don’t Search I Find - The throwback production to early 90s Madonna is most welcome. She does this kind of thing so well.

05 Looking For Mercy - This is such an odd one to score as the verses and the backing track on them are gorgeous but the chorus is fucking horrendous.

06 I Rise - It’s alright, I borderline dislike it sometimes. Shame the album finishes with these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom