Madonna 2021 MTV VMA Appearance

The reviews were fairly positive, and I think the same went for the tour, toppy carrots notwithstanding

mostly a case of the gays in Moopy and outside not letting anyone have nice things

I’m still a fan of Madonna fan I think she should wear whatever she wants, but none of her music in the last decade has been very relistenable, even the songs I do like

I’m a fan of Madonna up until maybe 2005 - almost everything pre-2000 was God-level genius Pop. Yes she can wear what she wants. I still take a vague interest in what she does but haven’t even heard any of her albums since MDNA, which I only played once.

I don’t REALLY know what anyone actually wants her to do

It just feels like her fans are fairly content, and gays who just want to say NO to everything are doing that, and I guess another album and tour will come

I feel like this has been the same conversation for 10+ years

imagine how tired we all are

gays who just want to say NO to everything are doing that
This narrative that "gays" just slag her every single move isn't true, when she's done things right like calling out DaBaby or giving that heartfelt speech about sisterhood when she was given an award a few years back we've rightly said she was bang on.

Contrary to this "gays saying NO" narrative, a lot of "gays" WANT her to be good. She's a fascinating character and her music, up until the mid-noughties at least to me, was always interesting and had a sense of currency. But I'm not going to pretend or BLINDINGLY SAY YAS KWEEN when she frankly looks a state and acts so immaturely. She wasn't always like this, and I know that because I have invested enough time in her to know she is more intelligent than THE CURRENT VERSION OF HER.

I don’t REALLY know what anyone actually wants her to do

It just feels like her fans are fairly content, and gays who just want to say NO to everything are doing that, and I guess another album and tour will come

I feel like this has been the same conversation for 10+ years

imagine how tired we all are
But isn’t having the same conversation again and again and expressing the same opinions every single time an exciting feature of the lounge in general? I mean the times we’ve talked about FAVOURITE BISCUITS (etc.) :disco:

QUICK SOMEONE TWEET MO TO ASK HER ABOUT HER FAVOURITE BISCUIT :disco:

This narrative that "gays" just slag her every single move isn't true, when she's done things right like calling out DaBaby or giving that heartfelt speech about sisterhood when she was given an award a few years back we've rightly said she was bang on.

Contrary to this "gays saying NO" narrative, a lot of "gays" WANT her to be good. She's a fascinating character and her music, up until the mid-noughties at least to me, was always interesting and had a sense of currency. But I'm not going to pretend or BLINDINGLY SAY YAS KWEEN when she frankly looks a state and acts so immaturely. She wasn't always like this, and I know that because I have invested enough time in her to know she is more intelligent than THE CURRENT VERSION OF HER.
YES THIS EXACTLY FIVE STARS THANK YOU :disco:

But isn’t having the same conversation again and again and expressing the same opinions every single time an exciting feature of the lounge in general? I mean the times we’ve talked about FAVOURITE BISCUITS (etc.) :disco:

QUICK SOMEONE TWEET MO TO ASK HER ABOUT HER FAVOURITE BISCUIT :disco:
She doesn't strike me as the biscuit (or even, HEAVEN FORFEND, 'cookie') type, but I'm sure she's a LOVELY HOST and always has a box of FAMILY CIRCLE in the pantry for unexpected guests.

She doesn't strike me as the biscuit (or even, HEAVEN FORFEND, 'cookie') type, but I'm sure she's a LOVELY HOST and always has a box of FAMILY CIRCLE in the pantry for unexpected guests.
:D:disco::D

With a spare packet of BOURBONS IN THE LARDER JUST IN CASE

I would actually LOVE a full album campaign with her in that VMA sexbot aesthetic, as long as the music matched it :disco:

Basically (and at the risk of sounding like some sort of @COB post generator) she should go fully down the HYPERPOP route, with no wimping out like last time she tried - the visuals would make "the gays" "prolapse", it's still not quite mainstream so she'd potentially get kudos from the music press, it's a genre that's known for heavy use of autotune and vocal effects so she can do whatever she wants there, and who cares if it sells because nothing does these days anyway :tongueout: MOVE OVER GUY O'THINGY

Basically (and at the risk of sounding like some sort of @COB post generator) she should go fully down the HYPERPOP route, with no wimping out like last time she tried - the visuals would make "the gays" "prolapse", it's still not quite mainstream so she'd potentially get kudos from the music press, it's a genre that's known for heavy use of autotune and vocal effects so she can do whatever she wants there, and who cares if it sells because nothing does these days anyway :tongueout: MOVE OVER GUY O'THINGY
Nice idea and it would certainly make for an improvement but I expect even our dear departed SOPHIE would have said FUCK NO to working with her. On which note I’ve managed to get through a few SOPHIE tracks this week without tears or trauma :disco:

• Care
Reactions: COB
Obviously it can now never happen (:() but MO PRODUCED BY SOPHIE (or SO :disco:) could have been quite exciting. Imagine the RACKET :disco:

YES MO IT IS MEANT TO SOUND LIKE THAT I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING THANKS VERY MUCH :disco:

It happened! If you COUNT Bitch I'm Mo, as Diplo did all sorts of unseemly nonsense to the final version as I understand it :evil:

It happened! If you COUNT Bitch I'm Mo, as Diplo did all sorts of unseemly nonsense to the final version as I understand it :evil:
I don’t really but I don’t like that one anyway. I’m thinking more of an album along the lines of the noisier parts of “Oil…” with a few highly treated and distorted vocals thrown in which may or may not have sounded like MO :disco:

• Love
Post your DREAM IMPLAUSIBLE ALBAM PRODUCTION COLLABS here :disco:

I’ll start

SOPHIE RIP
Burial ((:D - IMAGINE! “Sorry Mo but Will can’t make it to the studio today because he’s playing computer games and is stoned off his gunny” :disco:)
Paula Temple or some other noisy Technoist :disco:

No need for melodies or much in the way of vocals. I mean how HORRIBLY OLD-FASHIONED and hardly anyone has liked her more recent songs anyway :disco:

Met Gala after party.

3F87FF22-5F7F-4D61-818D-41C496F6AA8A.thumb.jpeg.9f1e48a48794baed3e2826828dba918c.jpeg

I think that's my problem with the current version of her. It seems so dumb when she's clearly a sparkling intelligent woman.

BRAVA

• Love
Reactions: Zu
I can't quite work the outfit out. Any photos from the front?

I reckon she'd like a nice CHOC HOBNOB actually.

That reminds me I'm sure there's a picture of her eating a plain DIGESTIVE from a few years ago..

• Haha
Reactions: Zu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom