Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jivafox

slouching towards bethlehem
Pronouns
he/him
GO and see this film! Absolutely one of the campest, iconic times I’ve had at the cinema.

Seeing this tomorrow and not sure whether to expect a future classic or hot mess. The scores on Letterboxd are all over the place.

Magnificent. It’s really the direction that makes it so delightful.

Loved it. Utterly ridiculous but they committed. Didn't expect it to be so funny either, the female detective had some great lines.

Seeing this tomorrow and not sure whether to expect a future classic or hot mess. The scores on Letterboxd are all over the place.
:D

E48BD96C-3285-4E32-96A8-C9970A9AAE4C.jpeg

To add to the confusion, the accents are all over the place. It wasn’t until they said it was Seattle that I realized that everyone wasn’t trying to do a bad British accent but the opposite.

what a movie! Mr M is a screaming little bitch in the face of horror and the movie did not disappoint on that end. the music was pretty great too

the obvious and hammy

Sydney, I'm ADOPTED!

had me howling :D

I couldn’t work out what they were trying to do for a lot of the movie and there are some ridiculous plot holes (particularly regarding
the night the husband is killed - how is Gabriel banging on the door against her and pushing her to the ground?

But there were some amazing scenes. The scene where the biggest twist is revealed had me laughing out loud as did the scene in the prison cell.

Oh also I commented before oh it’s just another shitty lazy James Wan title
but once you know the twist the title is really clever!!

I couldn’t work out what they were trying to do for a lot of the movie and there are some ridiculous plot holes (particularly regarding
the night the husband is killed - how is Gabriel banging on the door against her and pushing her to the ground?

But there were some amazing scenes. The scene where the biggest twist is revealed had me laughing out loud as did the scene in the prison cell.

I was fine with that as her perception was distorted. What didn’t make sense is that when the husband is killed, a bunch of supernatural events happen with the kitchen appliances turning on and the sofa cushions moving.

I was fine with that as her perception was distorted. What didn’t make sense is that when the husband is killed, a bunch of supernatural events happen with the kitchen appliances turning on and the sofa cushions moving.
isn’t it established early on that Gabriel has supernatural powers where he blows up the power in the hospital

isn’t it established early on that Gabriel has supernatural powers where he blows up the power in the hospital
I must have missed that. But that still makes no sense :D

Expecting a lot of Gabriel Halloween costumes in the next couple of years. I reckon @Kate has the hair for it.

I thought he had more sort of ability to do things with electrical signals. But also... things like when the man was in his walk-in closet and clearly Gabriel was in the cupboard, but then just appears in the bedroom.

I did really like the movie, but I think what I'm saying is that in any horror world, I need the rules to be consistent and I didn't really feel they were. The baddie changed 'abilities' depending on what suited the scene rather than being in any way logical.

yes

the doctors mention in the prologue that he has begun feeding on electricity, increasing his powers

how can you even think to reason with a movie like this :D just enjoy the utter nonsense!

This was an UTTER riot from start to finish. I can’t recall the last time I enjoyed a horror movie for having its tongue so firmly in its cheek (possibly Drag Me To Hell).

"Those lying cock-knockers" :D

This is absolute shit - I mean, fucking DREADFUL - but I know full well I'll be watching it again.
Absolutely. It was just too much fun. Agree that the scene with
the parasitic twist
was everything. I went to see this alone and was just screaming with laughter.

This was so fucking good :D it's impossible not to admire how dedicated the makers were to tell a story no matter what stunts they had to resort to.

I do love a good
"I know you're in there!!!!1!"
story

And wtf was the point of all the faux subplots LOL

Last edited:
What a strange film - I was bored at first and still don't get why that female doctor was hamming it up to the max while everyone else was a bit po-faced. And how come everyone lived in fucking mansions? And where did that carriage come from in one of the chase scenes?
However, the reveal and the prison scene and everything else that followed was a total triumph, I was living for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom