Mandy Moore - "In Real Life" (out 13 May)

POP!

Let the light in
I very much liked "When I Wasn't Watching" and "Easy Target" off the last album.

I really liked the last album too, and we all know motherhood is GREAT for female singer-songwriters creativity and quality control, so I can't wait. :)

If it has another In My Pocket then count me in :disco:

However one assumes she no longer does those kind of songs :(

I loved this one from Wild Hope

Weirdly Amanda Leigh isn’t available on streaming, and I had no idea Silver Landings existed!

In terms of post-pop Mandy, I still say Coverage was far better than it had any right to be.

Wild Hope is her best album overall but Silver Landings had some lovely moments

Tryin’ My Best, I’d Rather Lose and Stories Reminding Myself of Me are keepers

I might need to whip out my Candy t shirt in celebration at this news :disco:

The self titled ‘pop’ album was far better than it had any right to be to be fair. I should probably investigate post-Coverage. Any major ones that are of note (other than those above?)

I’ve been on a Coverage binge these past few days. So good :disco: God knows how she got her label to fund it, but it really sounds great.

09 Senses Working Overtime
10 The Whole Of The Moon
10 Can We Still Be Friends?
08 I Feel The Earth Move
07 Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters
08 Drop The Pilot
07 Moonshadow
04 One Way Or Another (the only real mis-step)
10 Breaking Us In Two
08 Anticipation
07 Help Me
10 Have A Little Faith In Me

I really don’t think she produced anything to be embarrassed by - far easier just to own it

Agreed - I Wanna Be With You is a gorgeous song

Last edited:
*drives bright green beetle underage*

db8541614d047d71e358129c19f2b698.gif

I really have a lot of time for Crush from that early run of singles. It's a bit Emma Bunton (no bad thing) but so BREEZY and RELISTENABLE :disco:

It did nothing on the charts but it has over 10 million more Youtube hits and 3 million more streams than In My Pocket so I guess it did find its audience to a degree.

1. I Wanna Be With You
2. Candy
3. Walk Me Home
4. In My Pocket
5. Crush
6. Easy Target
7. When I Wasn't Watching
8. You Remind Me
9. Cry
10. Saturate Me

• Love
Reactions: VoR
I really have a lot of time for Crush from that early run of singles. It's a bit Emma Bunton (no bad thing) but so BREEZY and RELISTENABLE :disco:

It did nothing on the charts but it has over 10 million more Youtube hits and 3 million more streams than In My Pocket so I guess it did find its audience to a degree.

I love "Crush", especially the middle eight "ooh I wish I could tell somebody, but there's NO one to talk to, NOBODY knows" :(

I remember being DEVASTATED when it became her last video with her blond hair. And then being upset when she cut it all off for that horrible movie How to Deal :D

It was HUGE on MTV's TRL, I bet that awful creature Carson Daly hated it.

Single:

Album out on 13 May

Both called "In Real Life"

I took the liberty of updating the thread title

Last edited:
They really did miss a trick with it though. If Jessica Simpson could hit #11 then this could’ve done as well.

I guess the fact it was only a hit in Australia meant the label just gave up.

It's (sometimes) annoying when popstars make motherhood their whole personality. So you had a baby, big whoop.
I'm also looking at you Victoria B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom