Mariah Carey - We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix)

This is...

• Not as good and I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
This deserves its own thread...

:disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

The 7-minute version... SHAKING AND CRYING

The "we belong, we belong" bits :emoji_heart_eyes:

Can we talk about how AMAZING she looks in that clip?

Also I'm loving the update. As much as this is a classic track, it's from a musical period that has dated terribly (IMO)

This version feels much more timeless.

YAAASS QUEEN. Give us that late night reimagining for the chaise longue with some splashes. Does the "we belong, we belong" bit sample "When Christmas Comes"? We stan a meta queen who is unafraid to reference or not to reference.

this is pretty GOOD! loving the second VERSE! quite punchy. a nice/unexpected rework/curio to dip into now and then. and the vox are maybe a little BETTER than what we heard on Caution for example.

the original can't be touched (even if the production is indeed basic) but I will revisit this.

also is the darkest she's worn her hair in years? she looks incredible.

Love everything about this. I wonder what prompted it
Previously on TGPL:
"I'm sure Mariah has done that kind of thing, re-worked a song to make it more interesting for her to sing...?"
"NOT REALLY NO"

Reactions: GNL
The "rough" at 2:40 in the video is QUITE autotuney/melodyney/whatever it's called isn't it? :confused:

She also tweeted that she's feeling inspired and that there's "MORE TO COME"! :love:

OK but NEW MUSIC would be nice if you're feeling inspired HUN!

I ACCEPT the charge :disco: would prefer to upgrade to "fragrant greedy bottom" however

Listening to the extended version now for the first time...

It's the same as the video version so far.

I like that she kept the original BVs. Still blows my mind that she's singing WHO ELSE, WHO ELSE on the chorus.

Too many silly pointless trills at the end of phrases. And it sounds like it's been recorded LINE. BY. LINE. Which is probably. The case.

Final chorus voix is a bit noxious isn't it. Scratchy.

Here comes the extended part then...

Ooh jazz riffing Mariah. New BVs. A tambourine. She's taking us to church.

So basically she got drunk/high and shrieked over a backing track for another 3 mins. It's quite nice.

Lots of whistle notes. I'd rather here some of her lower register.

I'm bored now.

That was NICE and I think I will maybe listen to it as background music, but I am just so used to the original, I can't see myself ever really choosing this over that

I saw this on the Honest Vocal Coach YouTube channel and was instantly struck by how good Mariah looks in the clip, as well as sounds. Is it because she’s been resting her voice? I didn’t realise she was still capable of hitting this song.

It’s nice for a performance, a one off, a gift to the lambs but probably will never listen to it again

tenor.gif

Been listening to both of these ALL DAY. I love that changes are subtle, but still transform the song.

And totally agree with the opinion that the song sounds more timeless now. I love ANYTHING with classic Soul production.

But of course the original is still :infinite: / 10

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom