Marina - "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"

I'm having a big revival with this album again this last week or so. New America is that deranged capitalist-shaming bop, Purge is a KILLER single (I mean, it's relentless) and yes, Goodbye is her best song in years and years.

I've had to sell my ticket to the Brussels gig which makes me VERY SAD because the American leg of this tour looks absolutely divine.

MERNA TOP 20 because as my #4 ish artist of all time she fucking DESERVES IT! HA! WHAT!

01 Blue
02 Froot
03 Teen Idle
04 Forget
05 Primadonna
06 I Am Not a Robot
07 To Be Human
08 Purge the Poison
09 Goodbye
10 Shampain

11 I'm a Ruin
12 How to Be a Heartbreaker
13 Power & Control
14 Oh No!
15 Hypocrates
16 Hollywood
17 Soft to Be Strong
18 End of the Earth
19 Man's World
20 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

FORGET live on the Froot Tour was genuinely one of my favourite live moments in any concert by anyone ever

it's back on the setlist for Ancient Dreams and I REALLY want to go so I might have to snatch a ticket for the Hague show and go alone...

Here is my MERNA top 20

1. I'm A Ruin
2. Obsessions
3. FORGET
4. Froot
5. Shampain
6. Venus Fly Trap
7. Blue
8. Oh No!
9. Starring Role
10. Teen Idle

11. Purge the Poison
12. Happy
13. I'm Not A Robot
14. Primadonna
15. Mowgli's Road
16. To Be Human
17. Rootless
18. How to be a Heartbreaker
19. Numb
20. Power & Control

I do love a bit of Radioactive now and then. but some of the rush has WORN OFF.

Here is my MERNA top 20

1. I'm A Ruin
2. Obsessions
3. FORGET
4. Froot
5. Shampain
6. Venus Fly Trap
7. Blue
8. Oh No!
9. Starring Role
10. Teen Idle

11. Purge the Poison
12. Happy
13. I'm Not A Robot
14. Primadonna
15. Mowgli's Road
16. To Be Human
17. Rootless
18. How to be a Heartbreaker
19. Numb
20. Power & Control
LOVE to see the LOVE for Shampain. a very underrated banger and one of her big 'should've been a single' moments.

MERNA TOP 20 because as my #4 ish artist of all time she fucking DESERVES IT! HA! WHAT!

01 Blue
02 Froot
03 Teen Idle
04 Forget
05 Primadonna
06 I Am Not a Robot
07 To Be Human
08 Purge the Poison
09 Goodbye
10 Shampain

11 I'm a Ruin
12 How to Be a Heartbreaker
13 Power & Control
14 Oh No!
15 Hypocrates
16 Hollywood
17 Soft to Be Strong
18 End of the Earth
19 Man's World
20 Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land
I will do my own imminently but this looks mostly GREAT.

Bubblegum Bitch's absence has been noted however :kim:

I'm a recent convert to Bubblegum Bitch. I do really like it now but I reasoned I had enough bangers from miss Electra Heart already. FORGIVE ME DARLING.

Baby is fun, but coming off that run of Symphony, Rockabye and the brilliant Solo, it felt a touch lightweight.

oh I love me some Rockabye in all its working mum baiting idiocy. you find the school fee and the bus fare indeed. :eyes:

love that Ina Wroldsen wrote it as something personal and emotional and then Clean Bandit took it, replaced her with ANNE MARIE and slapped Sean Paul on just for the lols. the nerve! the gall!

oh I love me some Rockabye in all its working mum baiting idiocy. you find the school fee and the bus fare indeed. :eyes:

love that Ina Wroldsen wrote it as something personal and emotional and then Clean Bandit took it, replaced her with ANNE MARIE and slapped Sean Paul on just for the lols. the nerve! the gall!
It makes me laugh in the same way as the dance cover of Fast Car from a few years ago

Clean Bandit has a bunch of good songs imo, but they’ll never top Rather Be

The best thing about Clean Bandit is the one who bongs the drums.

Rather Be is alright too but it certainly calls for a certain mood.

Rather Be and the other (forgotten) Jess Glynne one, Real Love, are great. Clean Bandit had a killer run until they lost it.

I like the one that plays the CELLO, going by the name of Grace Chatto. What a Queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom