Material Girl is viral on TikTok - what do you think of the song in 2022?

That's RIGHT.

• Total voters
I prefer the Immaculate Collection 'remix' of Material Girl with the dry ending.
As a song it never really did it for me even though it was probably my earliest Madonna memory as my sister was singing it all the time with "LIKE a Virgin,' bien Sur -

I'm into it now though because I'm a TikTok babe.

Shrill and overly mechanical production aside, I did of course love the Material Girl video at the time :disco:

Song-wise, she has so many others which are SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER. I’m thinking GAYLUV of course, and also REVOLVER

CLICK CLICK :disco:

I’ve never especially liked it OR indeed anything on the Like A Virgin album thanks to the horrible production. In fact I only came to genuinely love the title track when THIS version happened :disco:

I absolutely ADORE this version. Stuart Price QUEEN OF POP tbh.

I mean the Spotify shart is too slow and the Bareback Hot 100 barely gives us any joy
It's all about TikTok TikTok (Time is waiting - no hesitating)

1646167372761.png

I always thought she had an English accent when she sang this

And I am a Material GIRL

The way she sings GIRL

Is it ACTUALLY going viral? It’s not charting anywhere is it?

Probably my second-least favourite Madonna 80s single after True Blue, but it's still enjoyable enough.

Probably my second-least favourite Madonna 80s single after True Blue, but it's still enjoyable enough.
Completely agree. Re-worked properly ala Like a Virgin or Lucky Star on the Confessions Tour I might really play it out, but I never go back to the original.

When you have TikTok, it quickly figures out what you like. Mine is mostly female comedians and hot gay men. I rarely ever see TikTok celebrities or stupid dances

When you have TikTok, it quickly figures out what you like. Mine is mostly female comedians and hot gay men. I rarely ever see TikTok celebrities or stupid dances

This but add CATS, Asians doing zany wacky stuff and ASMR stuff.

This but add CATS, Asians doing zany wacky stuff and ASMR stuff.
Definitely no cats or asmr on mine. It keeps showing me this girl who does mukbangs (she’s American but I know it’s an Asian concept) but it grosses me out to watch someone eat like that

“Instant foods” :D:disco:

@RJN I’m only signing up if there’s instant tuna noodle casserole and Gemma Collins nudes

• Haha
Reactions: RJN
a 10/10 then, a 10/10 now :disco:

A complete bop, a complete timeless moment, love the studio-video too

Researching 🔍 this curious topic led to the revelation that someone named Saucy Santana had TikTok shart shit with an unrelated racket recently.

Now I’m wondering if the other DEAD-EYED DENIZENS misunderstood the assignment and QUITE ACCIDENTALLY got Madge to number one for twelve and a half minutes.

9217314E-84F6-43C3-AE23-82021962A925.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom