Hey Britney....

• Total voters
BOP or FLOP in 2022?

Hey BRITNEY!

And yes apparently Madgette features on a new remix of '3'

Yay?

Last edited:
I’m not even SURE
It’s definitely iconic in its way, for better or worse, I can’t really separate it from its time and place

It’s OK, but it was more about who was duetting, and that kiss rather than the song being anything to write home about.

All my PEOPLE in the crowd
GRAB a PARTNER
take it DOWN
It's me against the music
(It's just me)
And me @COB
Uh HUH????

• Love
Reactions: COB
for such artists being featured it was bland and boring, imho. If they had gone for another banger from the album though, oh the things we could have got!
Toxic, Breathe On Me, Early Morning, Showdown, any other song!

5 for the original but 7 for the token Punjabi remix included as a bonus track.

images

I hadn’t listened to this in donkey’s years and it’s actually really bad. Definitely not what someone should expect from the collaboration of those two names.
But as said before, that’s where Madonna started losing the plot career wise.

Confessions was released two years after 'Me Against the Music'.

So the downward spiral thing is not really accurate nor correct I'm afraid.

Plus this idea that she's been having a 'downfall' is actually misogynistic. And this applies to any female artist really. Just because they're not 'number 1' anymore or whatever doesn't mean their career is in free fall. Hardly ever gets said about male artists.

Plus this idea that she's been having a 'downfall' is actually misogynistic. And this applies to any female artist really. Just because they're not 'number 1' anymore or whatever doesn't mean their career is in free fall. Hardly ever gets said about male artists.
Oh
I guess I just didn’t like the Timbaland things she did
I stand corrected, because Confessions was great.

I agree that “downfall” is not a nice way to describe what’s happening with her, but I think she is not as focused as before with the work she puts out there.

It's cringe beyond belief. The song, the video. The fact that they both take it so seriously just makes it worse IMO. If there was a knowingness or a tongue in cheek aspect, I might be able to stomach it.

It's cringe beyond belief. The song, the video. The fact that they both take it so seriously just makes it worse IMO. If there was a knowingness or a tongue in cheek aspect, I might be able to stomach it.
they're about to kiss and then she dissolves. girl. of course it's tongue in cheek.

Besides, she was coming off (or was this released during?) American Life though, wasn't that a commercial slump? (not a downfall!). I see on Wikipedia it went to #1 both in the US/UK and in the end did around 5 Million worldwide. Fotunately Confessions doubled that number!

Calling it a "downfall" is just taking parts of her career out of context. I know she can be kinda insufferable but most of her 2000s stuff is good.

The GAP ad/children's book series/"Hey You" were much more offensive than her contribution to this. I love the song, and the choreography, overall VIBE. Madonna did not need to be involved but I guess it worked following the VMAs.

It was basically chasing after Like I Love You with absolutely no self-awareness. It was also the first time I thought Madonna sounded terrible on record - the "hey Britney" intersection is iconic/ironic (1 letter apart), but the fingernails don't stop at the chalkboard and go straight for the wall as well.

I love the verses, the chorus was a bit of a letdown and it should never have been a single with much better material on the album. I think it’d be better without Madonna as well.
That said I’d still give it an 8/10.

The GAP ad/children's book series/"Hey You" were much more offensive than her contribution to this. I love the song, and the choreography, overall VIBE. Madonna did not need to be involved but I guess it worked following the VMAs.

Yes and didn’t all that happen around and right after this? COAD was a big success but was only a temporary halt to said downfall. The attitude towards her already shifted around American Life and she never really recovered after that.

It’s only my own personal opinion of course, but prior to that era I thought she was the ”coolest” woman in the business, no one else could reach her level. The MATM video was the first time I found her cringey and embarrassing. Now sue me @Suedey :amlife:

That’s all fine but to dismiss everything she has done since MATM is ludicrous. That was my only point.

I will agree that from AL onwards the public opinion seemed to turn against her.

Those people can move to Texas, where they can SUCK GEORGE BUSH’S DICK!!! :amlife::amlife::amlife:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom