Melanie C returns - Melanie C (2020 album & singles)

Out of the top 100 on the official chart in week 2 as expected from the Midweeks.

Is Amanda doing well on streams then given she's not dropped too much?

Out of the top 100 on the official chart in week 2 as expected from the Midweeks.

Is Amanda doing well on streams then given she's not dropped too much?

No, Mandy isn't on the streaming chart either. But she's #5 on pure sales.

I know she's on prime time ITV most nights, but even so the success of that Amanda Holden album is bizarre. The tracklist is so uninspired!

The ridiculous thing about streaming in the album chart is that having just a few tracks streamed from the album can massively help the streaming points. I think Mabel has ALL her singles released tacked onto that album to boost album 'sales'. Even though they weren't all originally on the album. Everytime she releases a new song, it gets addes to the album on spotify. It's quite a fudge.

Similarly people like Pop Smoke and Juice World have about 3 or 4 masssively streamed tracks but hardly any album physical/download purchases. Surely these streamed tracks should count for the singles chart and not the album chart?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but there should definitely be a higher weighting towards streaming points for the album chart when somebody listens to a whole album. I guess that is too hard to measure though.

Even though the two most streamed tracks on an album get weighted down or sonething under one of the rules, the double counting towards both single and album chart is ridiculous. It should be the top 5 most streamed tracks getting weighted down or something.....

Yeah I don't fully understand it either, but the double counting is rotten, and actively keeping other acts out of both album and singles charts, so I don't see how that is good for the industry.

Look at this from @Robbie on ukmix

Ridiculous but utterly unsurprising.

I've always said there should be a limit on streams from an account that count towards the chart. I guess with you tube views now included that is impossible to monitor. I was always against radio airplay being included until now. It abolutely should be included if passive streams om playlists are.

The ridiculous thing about streaming in the album chart is that having just a few tracks streamed from the album can massively help the streaming points. I think Mabel has ALL her singles released tacked onto that album to boost album 'sales'. Even though they weren't all originally on the album. Everytime she releases a new song, it gets addes to the album on spotify. It's quite a fudge.

Similarly people like Pop Smoke and Juice World have about 3 or 4 masssively streamed tracks but hardly any album physical/download purchases. Surely these streamed tracks should count for the singles chart and not the album chart?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but there should definitely be a higher weighting towards streaming points for the album chart when somebody listens to a whole album. I guess that is too hard to measure though.

Even though the two most streamed tracks on an album get weighted down or sonething under one of the rules, the double counting towards both single and album chart is ridiculous. It should be the top 5 most streamed tracks getting weighted down or something.....

Melanie should tag wannabe on to hers :eyes:

but she's not performing :(

oooh they'd better be pushing Overload as a single. it's overtaken In & Out as my DISCO FAVE now.

oh just get back together with the other 4 COWS already and perform from your living room or something

that could be problematic as Overload is a considerably better song than Real Groove.

(and Melanie C is a considerably better album than Disco.)

I guess lyric videos are really videos for when you run out of budget. I doubt we’ll see another proper video for Disco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom