Melanie C - Who I Am: My Story

Just 3 weeks to go! :D

Pictures of the book:

jUIxDgl.jpg

rDGcLpq.jpg

oevIpPC.jpg

ZmIjqqO.jpg

1ZsD4aS.jpg

I would quite like to read the chapter on the utter disaster that was 'Reason', if there is one. Beyond that, not so much.

Is she the last Spice Girl to release an autobiography or has Emma not done one yet?

I would quite like to read the chapter on the utter disaster that was 'Reason', if there is one. Beyond that, not so much.
I always feel autobiographies should come with a deluxe edition for the music geeks where the artists discuss all their albums in detail. More of that and less of the great grandfather was a sailor and other growing up stuff they spend too much time on.

I always feel autobiographies should come with a deluxe edition for the music geeks where the artists discuss all their albums in detail. More of that and less of the great grandfather was a sailor and other growing up stuff they spend too much time on.
It's as if they write the books afraid of the reviewers - but who do they think actually BUYS them?

Well, according to early reviews, she discusses the recording of the Spice Girls albums in detail, more than any of the other girls' autobiographies.

She does mention she dislikes Do It from the SG songs because it has "a lot of words and it's very easy to get confused" and that Feed Your Love was not the only unreleased song from SPICE but they also have C U Next Tuesday, Overnight and Serial Killer complete and ready to go if they let them.

She does mention she dislikes Do It from the SG songs because it has "a lot of words and it's very easy to get confused" and that Feed Your Love was not the only unreleased song from SPICE but they also have C U Next Tuesday, Overnight and Serial Killer complete and ready to go if they let them.

If WHO lets them? :o I mean if they were saving them for an anniversary re-issue then fine, but THAT HAPPENED ALREADY

As a fellow scouser I've always found her speaking voice so strange. It's very clear that she's consciously affected it, which many do (my own accent has softened a LOT since I moved to Leeds), but she does it in such an odd, overpronounced way that it almost sounds like English isn't her first language.

I've no interest in this book but agree it would be curious to hear her take on it. However without knowing much about her really, I can imagine it would be dressed up somewhat in a "I was proud of being able to make music that I believed in and having to work for success is what I needed to grow as an artist" kind of glossy nonsense.

A simple "it was a bit shit" would suffice

As a fellow scouser I've always found her speaking voice so strange. It's very clear that she's consciously affected it, which many do (my own accent has softened a LOT since I moved to Leeds), but she does it in such an odd, overpronounced way that it almost sounds like English isn't her first language.

All plastic scousers speak like this. Affected and overpronounced are the most common descriptions for it :D

If WHO lets them? :o I mean if they were saving them for an anniversary re-issue then fine, but THAT HAPPENED ALREADY

Biffco! They are co-writers after all, it has to be settled properly but I assume VICKY finds paperwork too much of a hassle! The bitch!

Does anyone know book sales? It is never anything I have kept track of but I am quite curious if they need to sell hundreds/thousands/ tens of thousands to make it in to the top 10?

Does anyone know book sales? It is never anything I have kept track of but I am quite curious if they need to sell hundreds/thousands/ tens of thousands to make it in to the top 10?
It's the figure in brackets - 4,210 in her case.

Probably also worth pointing out that those are the sales and the chart for general hardbacks - I imagine sales for paperback fiction would be a LOT higher. She's #94 on amazon where all paperbacks/hardbacks and genres are lumped in together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom