Melodifestivalen 2010-2019 SURVIVOR - ROUND TWO

Vote for your LEAST FAVE

• Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2014)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mariette - Don't Stop Believing (2015)

• Mariette - A Million Years (2017)

• Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (2017 WILDCARD)

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
It is a truth universally acknowledged that Melfest 2013 was the nadir of the franchise in the modern era. Having won big the previous year with Euphoria, the stage could have been set for a glorious, pressure's off celebration of everything that had made the Contest great over the previous decade.

Sadly, the producers made another choice, inviting notably fewer reliable Melfest regulars in favour of stacking the deck with Contest debutants and new artists. Which, sure, makes sense on paper, but the results were a disaster. The new kids were for the most part painfully lacking in the kind of stage presence needed to deliver on such a large stage, and their songs were largely middling to outright uninspired anyway.

As an unintentional but embarrassing side effect, just one woman reached the finals out of 12 qualifiers. Industry veteran Louise Hoffsten, who like most of the 2013 finalists qualified by virtue of basic competence rather than any particular fabulosity.

That said, I like Only The Dead Fish quite a bit in a Stevie Nicks after one toke too many sort of way, and I certainly wouldn't have placed it at the bottom of this particular heap. But Moopy has spoken, so out she goes!

11th: Louise Hoffsten - Only The Dead Fish Follow The Stream (5th 2013)

Last edited:
Timoteij - Kom (5th 2010)

Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (4th 2011)

Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying? (5th 2012)

Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothing (2nd 2014)

Mariette - Don't Stop Believing (3rd 2015)

Ace Wilder - Don't Worry (3rd 2016)

Mariette - A Million Years (4th 2017)

Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (6th 2017 - WILDCARD)

Mariette - For You (5th 2018)

Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO - Hold You (3rd 2019)

It does get a LOT harder once we get Molly out.

Reactions: Hak
Oh yes I forgot that even EXISTED.

I just find WAIC really WET

Given her stature and the quality of her music outside the Contest, Molly's Melfest track record is really quite shocking.

I just find WAIC really WET

Given her stature and the quality of her music outside the Contest, Molly's Melfest track record is really quite shocking.
Youniverse being "inspired by the Paris attacks" has got to go down as one of the worst philosophical insults of all time (other than getting Fredrik Kempe to write a lyrical ode to your dead brother)

Still angry about 'For You' whenever I think about it (and for some reason I've been coming back to it over the last week). The lyrics make zero sense!

It's just too sickly sweet.

And not the good DIABET sickly sweet.

:hostage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom