Melodifestivalen 2022: Deltävling 2 - Also Avicii Arena

Can't wait for Linda to get it right this time... REALLY next week :disco:
I read one of the 2020 heat threads the other day (GOD KNOWS WHY :D) and bless you all thinking Linda would go DIREKT with Alla mina sorger :D

I did laugh at Tone getting a writing credit for ‘My Way‘ when it’s common knowledge that the song has been sent in every year for years and never made it. Changing the odd word doesn’t count!

You JUST KNOW JessAn and Magnus Carlsson had their GRUBBY LITTLE MITTS on it at some point.

Last edited:
I did laugh at Tone getting a writing credit for ‘My Way‘ when it’s common knowledge that the song has been sent in every year for years and never made it. Changing the odd word doesn’t count!

You JUST KNOW JessAn and Magnus Carlsson had their GRUBBY LITTLE MITTS on it at some point.
Oh I can ENTIRELY BELIEVE that lyrical miracle (but still quite moving) middle eight was self-penned :basil:

Doubling down this morning on just how bad that voting format was.

‘You’ve WON tonight’s vote. Yeah, yeah, sausage rolls are cling-filmed in the back. Now for the REAL drama…’

*John is given a crowning worthy of Miss World*

If they persist with this next week they should at least change the graphics so the winner is shown at the top of the leaderboard all the way through, and it's obvious all this is for second place.

Also they could inject a little more drama if they revealed positions 1-3 (or 2-4) for each age group, not just the 12.

I think the new voting system could work if they just stopped the ‘one goes directly through first’ element, as it’s likely we would have seen Liamoo fight John and that would have been a bit more exciting? Did anyone see Lisa Ajax shouting at that man towards the end

If you look at the scores from the heats in the last three years, the gap between the 2nd qualifier and the first ACer is very close around half the time (or at least close enough that it would be easy to manufacture some drama around it).

It was an unfortunate week to do this system for the first time as it was pretty clear cut, but that won’t always be the case.

I’m still very much on the fence as to whether it’s a good idea to do this in the first place, but you just can’t make the blanket proclamation “this system doesn’t work, what a failure” after only one combination of scores.

I think the new voting system could work if they just stopped the ‘one goes directly through first’ element, as it’s likely we would have seen Liamoo fight John and that would have been a bit more exciting? Did anyone see Lisa Ajax shouting at that man towards the end
:o I've a feeling Lisa's a bit of a madam. When I was sat next to the green room in 2019, it was quite obvious she'd had a falling out with the writer because they sat in stony silence not even acknowledging each other the entire night.

If you look at the scores from the heats in the last three years, the gap between the 2nd qualifier and the first ACer is very close around half the time (or at least close enough that it would be easy to manufacture some drama around it).

It was an unfortunate week to do this system for the first time as it was pretty clear cut, but that won’t always be the case.

I’m still very much on the fence as to whether it’s a good idea to do this in the first place, but you just can’t make the blanket proclamation “this system doesn’t work, what a failure” after only one combination of scores.
I think it didn't help that it was JOHN LUNDVIK who got the red carpet treatment; if it was somebody who mattered it would have been slightly more exciting.

I think it didn't help that it was JOHN LUNDVIK who got the red carpet treatment; if it was somebody who mattered it would have been slightly more exciting.
Yes it did have the feeling of “oh HIM again…”

If it had been a newcomer like Tone or hypothetically Cornelia last week getting wall-to-wall 12s it would have felt really celebratory.

Why couldn’t Tone have been submitting it herself for all those intervening years? She did the Stockholm Pride anthem in 2017 so it makes sense that she’d have been trying to follow that up since then.

Who wants the MORNING AFTER shonkily-translated Swedish tabloid gossip/reaction? Strangely, Markus Larsson (their inhouse reviewer) seems to think the votes were good TV.

Lundvik's ballad is an unbeatable snoring pill​

PUBLISHED: YESTERDAY 21.17
UPDATED: TODAY 07.30
MELODIFESTIVALEN

Liamoo and John Lundvik won.

Nothing wrong with that.

But it can be repeated: none of them will beat Cornelia Jakobs in the final.

The app held up. This meant, among other things, that Oscar Zia got to show that he is a good host for the Melodifestivalen.

And the votes were finally presented in a new way.

Liamoo got the most votes in the first round and won. Correct choice. After all, he had the best song.

In the second round, which started after Zia pulled the tassel, the tension was meant to explode.

The votes were presented much like in the Eurovision Song Contest, age group by age group.

Alvaro Estrella and his Zorro dancers were the children's biggest favorites. Then it was John Lundvik and John Lundvik and John Lundvik and John Lundvik.

John Lundvik och Liamoo.

John Lundvik and Liamoo (Photo: ROBIN LORENTZ-ALLARD)

Well deserved because the song and voice outclassed the competition by at least four laps.

But would "Angel Guard" be something for ESC? Absolutely not. Crikey. This snoring pill is instead an excellent launch of a new career in Swedish.

The rest of the program was a real pick-up after last week's roar chaos (!). In other words, it was ... ok.

There is nothing wrong with Eva Rydberg. Nor Ewa Roos for that matter either.

If they had competed with the new untz-untz remix (:D) of "Rena rama ding dong" last year, I would even have voted for it. There is nothing more Melodifestivalen than its title: "A little thing dong".

But those show numbers with terrified faces and fluttering hands from the 40's who insist on showing up? Every time it feels like watching the clip when Lill Lindfors drops her skirt.

I guess younger viewers snort and keep staring at the TV series "Euphoria" instead, and who can blame them?

It's probably now. There must be other intermediate nights in 2022. The unimaginativeness is depressing. Hopefully, however, Rydberg's and Zia's number one was an exception and a temporary break.

Then we have the dolls. Dolls. When puppets are allowed to entertain, the grave is soon dug. Of course, one of them is reminiscent of Sven Melander in "Sällskapsresan", and that is never wrong. The mole bench under the nose is grandiose.

But at the same time, the fun of dolls has a limited lifespan. The bar is not really at Mupparnas (I'm guessing this is Swedish for Muppets :D) level.

It's not like seeing the frog Kermit seek help from psychologist Sandra Bullock or when Rita Moreno tries to sing "Fever" with the drumming animal Animal . And it's definitely not like when the Cake Monster tries to guess if it's an orange or an orange in Kermit's secret box , which ...

I notice that I'm getting a little off topic, sorry.

The presentation of the votes was in any case something that the viewers have not been spoiled with in the Melodifestivalen for a long time:

Good TV.

Next week, it might even be exciting television.

Tone Sekelius.

Tone Sekelius (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

Larsson's most delicious​

It is still great that Tone Sekelius, after this week's shaky rehearsals, manages to go to the semifinals.

Larsson's warning​

The real scandal was that viewers were sniffed at the continuation of Per Andersson's story about the centaur and the blast furnace.

Just catching up...LOVED Liamoo and Tove.
I really liked the Liamoo performance, although I am easily swayed by some cheap DRAGON MOTIFS and a hint of neon lights on a darkened stage. It reminded me of Nicolas Winding Refn's films. Cornelia would be the better choice (obv), but I wouldn't be mad at Liamoo if it got the nod.

Tove was FABULOUS. I wish it was a curveball entry for somewhere like Finland or Estonia though instead of inevitably getting buried in the MF final in a few weeks. It would be a fabulous addition to the Eurovision line up.

And the GOSSIP

John and Liamoo's wonderful celebration - and the hottest snacks from the afterparty​

Aftonbladet's Tobbe Ek and Stina Dahlgren are aware of everything that happens in the Mello setting (:D)​

1d91438a-a3b1-4741-b92d-cd782ac42b41

Torbjörn Ek
PUBLISHED: TODAY 05.35
UPDATED: TODAY 09.12
MELODIFESTIVALEN
With lifting corona restrictions, the artists finally got to party.

Liamoo and John Lundvik celebrated with bubbles, shots and shouts of joy until late last night - and Tone Sekelius was greeted by a whole cheer.

- "It feels completely sick, I am completely ahhh...", she said when she was shocked by the surprise after the broadcast.

61ccff7b1f87c953b6f64b114125386a.jpg

Aftonbladet 's Tobbe Ek and Stina Dahlgren take you to the Melodifestivalen's unofficial afterparty in this week's hottest afterparty TV - and give you everything about:
  • The wild celebration - when the Mello artists finally got to party.
  • Lisa Ajax and Niello's disappointment after the fiasco: "You want us to say we're pissed"
  • SVT's trick to avoid fines - after the miss with Samir Badran.
  • John Lundvik's clothing fad revealed - suffers from panic: "No, are you filming?!"
  • Dirty snack ice cream at the afterparty - the Sweden competitor shocks everyone.
  • The measurement competition was decided last night: The artist who has the biggest.
  • So surprised Tone Sekelius - new plans to win the semis.
For everything about the night's hottest snacks, do not miss to check out the TV clip (@Suomi I am totally going to need you to watch this and translate half of the above because it sounds INSANE :D), the only after-talk you need after the Melodifestivalen, only at Aftonbladet.

Liamoo och John Lundvik firade med bubbel...

Liamoo and John Lundvik celebrated with bubbles... (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

...och fick skåla för sina finalplatser tillsammans.

... and toasted for their final places together. (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

Tone Sekelius hissades av sina vänner på efterfesten.

Tone Sekelius was hoisted by her friends at the afterparty. (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

Semifinalkyssen. Alvaro Estrella firades av sambon Vicky Perez.

The semifinal kiss. Alvaro Estrella was celebrated by his partner Vicky Perez (:o) (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

Lisa Ajax and Niello came last in the second round.

Afterwards, Lisa Ajax criticizes the new voting system - where the entire result was reported live.

- "It was torture, I thought it was shitty."

Lisa Ajax , 23, and Niello , 34, became the first contribution to feel what it is like to be last in their competition with SVT's new voting system.

Live from the green room, viewers now get to know exactly how each age group has voted on the TV couches, and the numbers showed that Lisa Ajax and Niello got the lowest possible score, one point, from the majority of the eight groups.

- "It was torture, I thought it was shitty, then you quickly noticed what it was like "now it's over". I thought it was worse than getting boom boom, so, of course. It became so very clear that you just give up...", says Lisa Ajax afterwards.

Niello och Lisa Ajax.

Niello and Lisa Ajax. (Photo: ROBIN LORENTZ-ALLARD)

- But it was exciting, it was exciting, says Niello.

- Yes it was. I can really imagine that it was exciting for the viewers and see it, says Lisa Ajax.

Röstningen presenterades i åldersgrupper.

The vote was presented in age groups. (Photo: SVT)

Nervösa artister väntar på resultatet.

Nervous artists are waiting for the result. (Photo: ROBIN LORENTZ-ALLARD)

Lisa Ajax: "Asterious"​

Lisa Ajax has been with three times before and always managed to move on from the competition. She says that she is feeling well now after all, even though the Mello journey is already over.

- "You want us to say that we feel pissed now", she says and laughs before she continues:

- "It is clear that you are like this, oh, disappointed that we did not move on, and it is of course sad that we are not allowed to do it again, but then it is the world's benefit that we were allowed to stand here, that we enjoyed so much a lot of being on stage, that we got to do our thing, we got to show our song, our number. We are so happy with that."

Alvaro Estrella.
\
Alvaro Estrella. (Photo: Robin Lorentz Allard)

Several other artists that Aftonbladet has spoken to describe the voice reading as extremely nervous.

- "Well, that was annoying. The heart is pounding, pounding and man… you just want it to be over. It's hard, it's very hard", says Alvaro Estrella , who made it to the semifinals.

10c618bb-fb7b-46ea-836d-6f2da19011a1

(Photo: ROBIN LORENTZ-ALLARD)

SVT's answer about the vote​

Anette Brattström , project manager for the Melodifestivalen, says that they really do not want the voting to feel like torture.

- We do not want to do anything at the expense of the artists, but on the other hand we want it to feel that something is at stake, she says and continues:

- At the same time, no one here does not know that they are here to compete. I'm thinking so. And at the same time, I also think it's strengthening to see the points you get. I hope so.

That's why you have no zeros, so that everyone gets points?

"Yes… we are still a bit empathetic", says Anette Brattström with a laugh. (:D!)

I can't get enough of Alvaro's SUAVE, SMOOTH and GENTLE entry this morning :disco:

Much better than Bailá Bailá. *watches it crash out in the 'semi final'*

One of the most fun bits of speculation for MF every year is… who was first? Who was second? Who scraped into AC?

We lose all that speculation now AND are robbed those amazing FUCK WOW moments of ‘who’s going direct?’

I imagine the variance in voting from age group to age group is similarly one way traffic most weeks and that the 3-9s are the only group that have much difference from the rest.

Genuinely wondered if Tone coming last in that category was because loads had gone to bed…?

I wish they'd bring back the eighth song. It must be EXHAUSTING for the MF writers to come up with so much FILLER CONTENT week on week, especially with the reprise removed. It does feel this year the focus is on light entertainment more than the music than it ever has before.

I also thought Oscar was WONDERFUL last night, and was clearly completely thrown/abandoned by all the tech problems last week.

I imagine the variance in voting from age group to age group is similarly one way traffic most weeks and that the 3-9s are the only group that have much difference from the rest.

Genuinely wondered if Tone coming last in that category was because loads had gone to bed…?
Bigotry is rife among the kids these days :(

On whether we're likely to have much variance - here's how the results would've gone in last year's heats. Also no sign of a trend of there being an obvious tail-off towards the end for 3-9 votes being sent to bed before the last song, so they really mustn't have liked My Way at all!

Heat 1
PlaceSong3-910-1516-2930-4445-5960-7475+TelephoneTotal
5"One Touch"101053113134
3 (AC)"Pretender"3510128551058
4"Horizon"533551010546
2 (AC)"The Missing Piece"121212101088880
1 (DTF)"Tänker inte alls gå hem"88881212121280
6"Fingerprints"1111331314
DTF"Dandi dansa"

Heat 2
1 (DTF)"New Religion"1212101212810884
6"Rich"5111111112
5"90-talet"103310533340
3 (AC)"The Silence"11055101081059
2 (AC)"Rena rama ding dong"3883312121261
4"Tears Run Dry"85128855556
DTF"Little Tot"

Heat 3
1 (DTF)"Still Young"585101212121276
4"Om allting skiter sig"85105333845
3 (AC)"Beat of Broken Hearts"12121212855369
5"Contagious"3333511524
6"Den du är"1111188122
2 (AC)"Bailá Bailá"1010881010101076
DTF"Voices"

Heat 4
4"Good Life"8555885852
5"Allting är precis likadant"3883311128
2 (AC)"Best of Me"12101010558565
DTF"In the Middle"
6"All Inclusive"5111133318
3 (AC)"Behöver inte dig idag"13381012121261
1 (DTF)"Every Minute"101212121210101088

It looks like a number of those would have caused a bit of a boring "reveal"with the same act winning demographic after demographic...

If they're going to do this, they should weight the telephone vote x5 to a. make up for the fact everyone gets 5 votes for every song in the app, and b. at least have it all leading up to a semi-exciting final reveal that could change everything.

The fundamental problem is that each demographic is related to the previous and subsequent one. Obviously things that do well with 60-74 year olds are also going to do well with 75+. You can see how rare it is for one age group to be out of step with the rest, rather than the start of the next section.

I still say it needs scrapped, but failing that they need to present the age groups in a random order

Plus I'm worried sick about what the app vote will have done to Radiohjälpen

• Care
Reactions: COB
I still say it needs scrapped, but failing that they need to present the age groups in a random order
I think this sort of happened last night? I could have sworn we got one of the older age groups out of sequence before one of the younger ones - I couldn't tell if it was a mistake or not.

I think this sort of happened last night? I could have sworn we got one of the older age groups out of sequence before one of the younger ones - I couldn't tell if it was a mistake or not.
We did! For sure.

I absolutely think that format can work (albeit maybe there is something to be said for not using the ‘Eurovision’ style voting format at every available opportunity) but it should either involve all the songs that or the ceremony for the winner needs to be dialled down somewhat.

Reactions: Hak
They did and it was deliberate. They’ll present in whatever order they want to maximise tension but of course there isn’t much tension if they all vote the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom