Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Oh Sibel! This may be one of the most ridicu-mazing Swedish album tracks of its time…

Reactions: Hak
It might also be that some of these (Sibel, Nanne, Dotter etc) has composed and sent in songs which are actually intended for other artists.

Tobbe makes no distinction between competing as an artist or composer here, that’s why I’m a bit chocked that Kempe is not on the list :D

First two 'confirmed' performers according to the usually reliable Aftonbladet are Liamoo and Robin Bengtson. THRILLING :eyes:

Feels potentially one too many for Robin really, especially as a recent-ish winner, but I don't get the impression that he has much else going on.

I welcome Robin back, he’s like the Ace Wilder or Mariette that actually won, but with a penis!

He’s done something different each time and is a skilled producer, I wonder what he comes up with now :)

It might also be that some of these (Sibel, Nanne, Dotter etc) has composed and sent in songs which are actually intended for other artists.

Tobbe makes no distinction between competing as an artist or composer here, that’s why I’m a bit chocked that Kempe is not on the list :D
Kempe basically feels like he's retired (or very close to retirement) at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: D5K
The Schlagerfesten podcast discussed potential participants in their most recent podcast. Here's their list:

Mello 2020 artists wanting to compete again
WHAL och Sami (especially the latter)
Patrik Jean
Frida Green
Emil Assergård
Klara Hammarström
Paul Rey
Efraim Leo
Alvaro Estrella
Tess Merkel
Nathalie Brynolf
Sannex
Lillasyster

SVT likely wants
Clara Klingenström

Of these they believe SVT would be keen on Lillasyster, Emil and Klara Hammarström as well as Sami in the right hip hop constellation. A few of the others might still get a chance if the selection jury choses one of their songs. Most songs selected by the jury is written and sent in for a particular artist and SVT seldom tries to replace them if that's the case.

Singing competition alumni
Nadja Holm (Winner 2020)
Hanna Ferm (Idol 2017 runner up)
Nassim Al Fakir (Maksed Singer 2021 7th placer)

Paulina Pancenkov (Idol 2020 runner up and sister of Suzi P, Basically a perfect 21th century representative of Anna Book)

Chris Kläfford (Idol 2017 winner and America's Got Talent Semi Finalist)

Caspar Camitz (Idol 2020 3rd placer)

Daniel Norberg (Masked Singer 2021 winner, Idol 2010 8th placer & known for his Melfest parodies)

Monstret (Masked Singer 2021 8th placer)

Others mentioned
Myra Granberg
Amadeus Sögaard (Carola's son)
Alex Kvarnestig (In the duo Akvarel with Daniel Norberg or trio The Stetsons with Gottfrid Krantz, John Emil)
Adrian Macéus (Boy singer signed to Freebird)
Theoz (Boy singer signed to WMS)
Gina Diravi

Last edited:
Interesting that Myra Granberg is on the list. I had one of her songs randomly recommended to me a few months ago by Apple Music and thought she might be one to watch out for (in a 6th in her heat kind of way).

• BOOM BOOM
Any word on Benjamin Ingrosso’s sister? It seemed like she was being groomed for it a while ago.

Any word on Benjamin Ingrosso’s sister? It seemed like she was being groomed for it a while ago.
She's a good singer but too big for Melodifestivalen (she's a much bigger name than Benjamin or Pernilla in Sweden) and also has too much stage fright.

She's a good singer but too big for Melodifestivalen (she's a much bigger name than Benjamin or Pernilla in Sweden) and also has too much stage fright.
This is part of the reason I thought she might be doing it - good narrative right there.

Yeah, she seems to have overcome that a bit in recent years.

The main issue is she's one of the biggest fashion influencers in Sweden. Her sponsorship deals could pose a conflict of interest with "commercial free" Mello and it's not like she would make any money from competing either.

She recently sold shares in one of her fashion companies for 150 million kronor and last year she had had personal income of 30 million.
To put that into perspective Danny and Zara Larsson made 700tkr and 4 million respectively in 2019 :eyes:

Last edited:
This world is so wrong.
bia.jpg

Klara Hammarström and Alvaro Estrella also back according to Aftonbladet.

Also some guy named Angelino who seems THRILLING :eyes:

• BOOM BOOM
It did well in the charts after. Went top ten and has just shy of 8 million streams to date. Swedes love a gentle latino summer banger like that.

Finalist streams:

32m Tusse
14m Clara Klingenström
9m Eric Saade
9m Dotter
8m Alvaro
7m Danny Saucedo
6m The Mamas
6m Paul Rey
6m Klara Hammarström
5m Anton Ewald
4m Arvingarna
4m Charlotte Perrelli :(

Guess Omar is OUT then :(
Why would they be either or? Melodifestivalen's hardly known for making a point of limiting itself to just one entry for 'anything with Latin appeal'. We've had Cuba Libre and Mendez in the same heat in previous years!

Why would they be either or? Melodifestivalen's hardly known for making a point of limiting itself to just one entry for 'anything with Latin appeal'. We've had Cuba Libre and Mendez in the same heat in previous years!
No one knows why that happened. It must've been some kind of error in the space time continuum.

Having THOROUGHLY enjoyed last year's contest and the pandemic seeing Mr Sheena taking a mild interest which has translated into "Well, I wouldn't mind going if we built a weekend around it", I am BACK BACK BACK next year for my first MF live since (I think) 2013. Total luck that I thought "when are tickets going on sale?", googled and realised it was today!

I'm in Malmö seeing Lena the week before too, so now to plot out a week working remotely from Sweden in the middle :disco:

His mom (Magdalena Graaf) was in a power duo with her sister releasing a few hits mainly on the back of their tits and faces. Lance, seems to be following in their footsteps.

Her sister also competed in Mello (originally intended to be sung as a duo but Magdalena turned it down due to "not being able to sing, nor dance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom