Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Petra/September would be fab, but really she should have entered 5-10 years ago and she could have won. Nowadays I imagine she'd be lucky to qualify. :(

Of course, I would love to see Agnes in the mix but it obviously isn’t worth her while when she turns up with ‘Here Comes The Night’ ready to reign and Sweden votes for another generic male pop vocal.

First and foremost, LILI OCH FUCKING SUSSIE. It is TIME.

I don't really know who is likely but would be happy to see Darin as well as for September and Smith & Thell to give it a go.

Oh god not John Lundvik AGAIN! :(
giphy.gif

Can't we have Jon Henrik (Fjällgren) and some of his NEW AGE NONSENSE again instead?

Anyway, whatever it's time for Sweden to start sending FEMALE SINGERS, ideally soloists again and that's that on THAT!

I think Lorren is quite likely though. She's someone who works best under pressure as without it she'll just get stuck smoked up folding clothes into perfection. It's the perfect timing, she's more productive than ever and SVT will be chasing her with it being 10 years since Euphoria and 5 since Statements.

Artists SVT would want but who are unlikely to compete this year according to Aftonbladet:

Darin
Agnes
Helene Sjöholm
Hanna Ferm
Myra Granberg

Anders Bagge (former Idols judge and producer of Janft’s All Nite (Dont’t Stop)) is in according to Aftonbladet.

As is Malin Christin (Wiktoria’s sister) and Cornelia Jakobsdotter (the blonde one from Love Generation):D:eyes:

Last edited:
Oh that's probably inevitable, at this point I'm just happy when my rapidly ageing bitches SHOW UP.
Talking of rapidly ageing bitches I hope we see ACE back soon

Last edited:
Lili & Susie have also submitted songs though Shirley seems to be the favourite for this year's schlager slot. Why can't we have both? :evil:

OMG is the night sky broad enough for all these MEGASTARS?
For Swedes Anders Bagge is the biggest name confirmed so far. Rather than being an proper competitor his stardom lies more in the Flink/Ranelid/Rolandz realm of “fun for casuals”. One difference between and the aforementioned geezers is that he's actually a great singer. He's also got a stage fright storyline that he's partially overcame during the latest masked singer.

Last edited:
Ace seems to have retired from performing, her last single release was in 2017. :(
She's been claiming a lack of inspiration since 2017 and noted in one rare interview that she's tried to reinvigorate emotions through finding love, but ended up bingeing 62 episodes of "Girls" instead.

Mello has gotten a significant increase in quality rock sent in this year. Lillasyster and at least one other rock band are confirmed to be competing.

Although the identity of the other act remains a mystery it's not supposed to be one of the following:
  • Scarlet Hunts
  • Thundermother
  • Smash into pieces
  • We are the catalyst
  • H.E.A.T

Last edited:
Rumours

Carola's son Amadeus has been rumored the whole autumn and has at least initially declined although he might've been persuaded by his record label since.

Previously unknown singer Sabina Johansson is highly likely with SVT probably positioning her for the Clara Klingenstrom niche.

Jennifer Brown has been rumored again and it's well known she's been sending in songs and been close to making it for a number of years now.

Daniel Norberg has been rumored in a bunch of different configurations. The biggest thing holding SVT back here is that he intends to compete as a pop singer and not as a typecast comedy act.

As wtg mentions Shirley Clamp is very likely. Everyone also knows that Lili & Susie has been angling to compete for a few years but so far SVT has shown lukewarm interest.

Last edited:
Anders Bagge – Bigger Than The Universe (Anders Bagge, Jimmy Jansson, Peter Boström, Thomas G:son)
Cazzi Opeia – I Can’t Get Enough (Bishat Araya, Jakob Redtzer, Cazzi Opeia, Paul Rey)
Omar Rudberg – Moving Like That (Omar Rudberg, Gustav Blomberg, Amanda Kongshaug, Kristin Marie)
Klara Hammarström – Run To The Hills (Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Julie Aagaard, Anderz Wrethov, Klara Hammarström)
Tribe Friday – Shut Me Up (Isak Gunnarsson, Robin Hanberger Pérez, Noah Deutschmann)
John Lundvik – Änglavakt (Anderz Wrethov, Elin Wrethov, Benjamin Rosenbohm, Fredrik Sonefors, John Lundvik)
Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer (Isa Molin, David Zandén, Cornelia Jakobsdotter)
Niello & Lisa Ajax – Tror du att jag bryr mig (Yvonne Dahlbom, Niklas 'Niello’ Grahn Linroth, Jesper Welander)
Faith Kakembo – Freedom (Laurell Barker, Anderz Wrethov, Palle Hammarlund, Faith Kakembo)
LIAMOO – Bluffin (Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Sami Rekik, Dino Medanhodzic, Ali Jammali)
Linda Bengtzing – Fyrfaldigt hurra! (Thomas G:son, Linda Bengtzing, Myra Granberg, Daniel Jelldéus)
Samira Manners – I Want To Be (Samira Manners, Fredrik Andersson)
Danne Stråhed – Hallabaloo (Danne Stråhed, Fredrik Andersson, Erik Stenhammar)
THEOZ – Som du vill (Tobias Lundgren, Axel Schylström, Tim Larsson, Elize Ryd, Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt)

Thank god for how they've slaughtered Lundvik in his crib :disco:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom