Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Anders Bagge – Bigger Than The Universe (Anders Bagge, Jimmy Jansson, Peter Boström, Thomas G:son)
Cazzi Opeia – I Can’t Get Enough (Bishat Araya, Jakob Redtzer, Cazzi Opeia, Paul Rey)
Omar Rudberg – Moving Like That (Omar Rudberg, Gustav Blomberg, Amanda Kongshaug, Kristin Marie)
Klara Hammarström – Run To The Hills (Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Julie Aagaard, Anderz Wrethov, Klara Hammarström)
Tribe Friday – Shut Me Up (Isak Gunnarsson, Robin Hanberger Pérez, Noah Deutschmann)
John Lundvik – Änglavakt (Anderz Wrethov, Elin Wrethov, Benjamin Rosenbohm, Fredrik Sonefors, John Lundvik)
Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer (Isa Molin, David Zandén, Cornelia Jakobsdotter)
Niello & Lisa Ajax – Tror du att jag bryr mig (Yvonne Dahlbom, Niklas 'Niello’ Grahn Linroth, Jesper Welander)
Faith Kakembo – Freedom (Laurell Barker, Anderz Wrethov, Palle Hammarlund, Faith Kakembo)
LIAMOO – Bluffin (Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Sami Rekik, Dino Medanhodzic, Ali Jammali)
Linda Bengtzing – Fyrfaldigt hurra! (Thomas G:son, Linda Bengtzing, Myra Granberg, Daniel Jelldéus)
Samira Manners – I Want To Be (Samira Manners, Fredrik Andersson)
Danne Stråhed – Hallabaloo (Danne Stråhed, Fredrik Andersson, Erik Stenhammar)
THEOZ – Som du vill (Tobias Lundgren, Axel Schylström, Tim Larsson, Elize Ryd, Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt)

Malou Prytz - Bananas (Ace Wilder, Jimmy "Joker" Thörnfeldt, Joy Deb, Linnea Deb)
Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come (Lisa Miskovsky, David Lindgren Zacharias)
Browsing Collection - Face In The Crowd (Carolina Karlsson, Mimi Brander, Moa Lenngren, Nora Lenngren, Sandra Bjurman, Jimmy Wahlsteen)
Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power (Anna Bergendahl, Thomas G:son, Bobby Ljunggren, Erik Bernholm)
Medina - In i dimman (Jimmy "Joker" Thörnfeldt, Sami Rekik, Dino Medanhodzic, Ali Jammali)
Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love (David Lindgren Zacharias, Victor Sjöström, Victor Crone, Viktor Broberg, Sebastian Atas)
Tenori - La stella (Dan Sundquist, Kristian Lagerström, Marcos Ubeda, Bobby Ljunggren, Sarah Börjesson Wassberg)
Shirley Clamp - Let There Be Angels (Mats Tärnfors, Pelle Nylén, Shirley Clamp, Jakob Skarin)
Lancelot Hedman - Lyckligt slut (Lancelot Hedman, Niklas Carson Mattsson)
Tone Sekelius - My Way (Anderz Wrethov, Tone Sekelius)
Alvaro Estrella - Suave (Linnea Deb, Jimmy "Joker" Thörnfeldt, Joy Deb, Alvaro Estrella)
Malin Christin - Synd om dig (Jonathan Lavotha, Oliver Heinänen, Malin Christin)
Angelino - The End (Angelino Markenhorn, Julie Aagaard, Melanie Wehbe, Thomas Steengaard)
Lillasyster - Till Our Days Are Over (Jimmy Jansson, Palle Hammarlund, Ian-Paolo Lira, Martin Westerstrand)

Thoughts:

- I think Tone Sekelius may be the first trans Melodifestivalen entrant? Unless one of Pink Pistols were at the time.
- Lillasyster are probably going direkt this time, aren't they.
- My god, Jimmy 'Joker' Thornfeldt is ALL OVER this year - 6 entries! 4 for Anderz Wrethov. 3 for G:son, 2 for Ljunggren, 2 for the Debs, just 1 for Laurell Barker, and none for Kempe or Kreuger. Third contest in a row without Anton Hård af Segerstad, so I wonder if he's left The Family at this point...
- Also interesting that contrary to @Hak's predictions, we haven't got Dotter or Wiktoria on songwriting duties for anything this year
- God Victor Crone being a cowrite on Robin Bengtsson feels like an omen that this might be his most BASIC YET

Last edited:
Also pimp slot feels very open this year - I could see it going to any of Anders Bagge, Anna, Omar, Klara and LIAMOO.

I imagine the traditional fun4gays heat 4 song 1 slot is going to be a FIGHT TO THE DEATH between Cazzi Opeia and Linda Bengtzing (with Tenori as stalking horse candidates) :disco:

- Also interesting that contrary to @Hak's predictions, we haven't got Dotter or Wiktoria on songwriting duties for anything this year
From what I’ve heard Dotter’s songwriting credit died with Lina Hedlund not entering. We still have some Wiktoria DNA in the form of Malin though. Perhaps it would be too much to ask of them to both participate in the same year?

Last edited:

Breathe Logan Paul GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

First set of odds from Unibet

John Lundvik 6.50
Robin Bengtsson 6.50
Klara Hammarström 8.00
Anna Bergendahl 8.50
Liamoo 8.50
Omar Rudberg 8.50
Anders Bagge 10.00
Malou Prytz 10.00
Niello & Lisa Ajax 10.00
Angelino 14.00
Lancelot 16.00
Lisa Miskovsky 16.00
Faith Kakembo 21.00
Medina 21.00
Lillasyster 31.00
Malin Christin 31.00
Alvaro Estrella 36.00
Cazzi Opeia 36.00
Samira Manners 36.00
Tenori 36.00
Browsing Collection 51.00
Cornelia Jakobs 51.00
Danne Stråhed 51.00
Tone Sekelius 51.00
Linda Bengtzing 76.00 :(
Shirley Clamp 76.00 :( :( :(
Tribe Friday 76.00

My starting assumption is probably Klara or Anna as the favourites, unless Robin's got something very competitive. My assumption is that if Lundvik was coming back again actually intending to win he'd have something in English, and it's hard to see many of the other listed contenders being able to win on the new age-based electoral college televote.

Last edited:
I couldn’t cope with another year of him being an ATTENTION SEEKING TWAT in the Eurovision green room

Let’s hope we see him on the wrong side of a GLOBEN or BUST :Lundvik:

Fairly sure that top 3 is purely based on name recognition.

We'll see how the heats shake out, but I'm expecting Omar, LIAMOO and maybe Anna to be the frontrunners.

Reactions: D5K
I reckon Klara is in with a real shot this year. She's a great performer, just has maybe lacked THAT song before now, but she's steadily built up a following in the all important "young" voting groups in the last couple of years.

I can't see it with Lundvik, certainly not with him entering a song in Swedish. He probably just wants another domestic hit - he hasn't really done much under his own name since TLFL.

Would be happy for Robin to get the nod again if it was with something more akin to Constellation Prize than Take A Chance.

I reckon Klara is in with a real shot this year. She's a great performer, just has maybe lacked THAT song before now, but she's steadily built up a following in the all important "young" voting groups in the last couple of years.
Yeah. She just needs the right song to give her a bit of crossover with the older voting groups / a jury win (or something within a few points of the jury winner)

Fairly sure that top 3 is purely based on name recognition.

We'll see how the heats shake out, but I'm expecting Omar, LIAMOO and maybe Anna to be the frontrunners.
I feel fairly sceptical LIAMOO and Omar are the sort of artists that can win that easily anymore since the switch to the demographic college. Their images don't feel hugely well suited to getting voters over 40 without things like e.g. collaborations like Hold You.

I think we've seen it a lot more lately with artists like Paul Rey/entries like Boys With Emotions etc, that we'd have expected to be easily direkt in the 'heart app telling you exactly how well things are going' years ending up having to go through AC, just because they're usually limited in how much appeal they've got to older voters.

Last edited:
Omar is my most anticipated but even a top half finish in the final would be a triumph and great redemption from before.

I really could not if either John or Robin win again. Let's have someone new OR two months of stressing over whether Anna is going to bring shame upon Sweden once more.

Lundvik is entering a song in Swedish because he’s releasing a Swedish language album next year. Someone thinking he’s not in it to win it are kidding themselves though. He’s a competitor through and through.

I mean, he might think he's in it to win it, but anyone who objectively actually was probably wouldn't be sending something in Swedish given Swedish language entries by and large tend to underperform with the international juries (and haven't won the more-gameface-by-the-final public vote since Evighet).

I wouldn't totally rule out it reversing that trend, but honestly I'd say a Mamas - In The Middle type result feels far more likely for him at this point.

Or lets just wait to hear the song and decide then..

Oh Sweden come on, you wouldn't even let Loreen through to the final, you are NOT sending John "93 points" Lundvik again so soon

I say it every year, the crazed speculation and gay overreactions are a FEATURE of this forum, not a bug!

Anyway no I don't think we should wait until we've heard the song. The only opinions that are allowed are ones expressed BEFORE we've heard the songs (any after are BANNED :hitler:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom