Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Anders Bagge “accidentally” stole another artists song :disco: Bigger Than the Universe is rumoured to have been destined for Liamoo.

Full story:
Bagge was in a meeting where they among other things discussed convincing a famous artist to enter Mello with a great song they wrote. Rumour has it the artist had already sung on the demo.

Bagge casually mentioned it shouldn’t be a hard task, that the song was so good he could’ve entered it himself. Thing is, Bagge has a great voice but even greater stage fright which made him opt to be a composer and producer instead. Many years back he turned down singing a duet with Celine Dion and that has bothered him since. Being a judge on Idol and competing in the Masked Singer this year has made him much more comfortable in front of an audience. Still, being signed up for Mello would still come as a big surprise for him.

Back to the current events. His manager took note, immediately seizing the moment to text SVT for securing a spot for him behind Bagge’s back. Meanwhile the manager and rest of the crowd made Bagge practice “pitching the song” to the originally intended artist. 20 minutes later SVT had given the go ahead for his participation and when it was presented to Bagge it was too late to back out :angel:

Last edited:
Running orders:

Heat 1 - Malmö (5 February)

1. Malou Prytz - Bananas
2. Theoz - Som du vill
3. Shirley Clamp - Let There Be Angels
4. Omar Rudberg - Moving Like That
5. Danne Stråhed - Hallabaloo
6. Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
7. Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love

Heat 2 - Gothenburg (12 February)

1. LIAMOO - Bluffin'
2. Niello & Lisa Ajax - Tror du att jag bryr mig
3. Samira Manners - I Want To Be Loved
4. Alvaro Estrella - Suave
5. Browsing Collection - Face In The Crowd
6. John Lundvik - Änglavakt
7. Tone Sekelius - My Way

Heat 3 - Linköping (19 February)

1. Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough
2. Lancelot - Lyckligt slut
3. Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come
4. Tribe Friday - Shut Me Up
5. Faith Kakembo - Freedom
6. Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra!
7. Anders Bagge - Bigger Than the Universe

Heat 4 - Lidköping (26 February)

1. Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power
2. Lillasyster - Till Our Days Are Over
3. Malin Christin - Synd om dig
4. Tenori - La stella
5. Medina - In i dimman
6. Angelino - The End
7. Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
Tone Seklius could be worth watching with that draw. She's a popular Youtuber and the first lead trans performer in Melfest history.

Promising placement for Linda, albiet in a potentially tough semi, especially as those all-important 35+ votes could also go towards Anders, Faith and Lisa.

Shirley really has been stuck in the graveyard slot. :(

Seems like she's getting quite the push this year!

Poor old Lisa Ajax thrown away in slot two :(

Higher Power is totally going to be Kingdom Come Pt.2 isn’t it? Not a bad thing, of course.

I’ve already seen a lot of naysayers doubting this woman’s ability to qualify from Heat One, and to them I wish you well with your pessimism

AE89B30D-9D69-485F-880F-EE555E7AB506.jpeg

Ooh this sounds like quite a FUN line up on paper. I may have missed it so apols, but is Shirley going SCHLAGER or BORING BALLAD? The song title is giving me ballad :(

Very up for non-Dr Anna taking time out of her busy schedule (:D) to give us her visionary THIRD PART of her vengeance trilogy :disco: Kingdom Come and Ashes To Ashes are two of my ALL-TIME FAVOURITE MF entries at this point, so can't wait to see what she's come up with this time :disco:

Even in the era of Covid and the Tories, this is still one of the most distressing things I've read in a while.

The odds have shifted a bit in light of the running order. Klara now (joint) favourite!

6.50 Klara Hammarström
6.50 Robin Bengtsson
8.50 Anders Bagge
8.50 John Lundvik
8.50 LIAMOO
8.50 Angelino
10.00 Malou Prytz
12.00 Anna Bergendahl
16.00 Niello & Lisa Ajax
20.00 Lisa Miskovsky
20.00 Omar Rudberg
21.00 Tone Seklius
24.00 Lancelot
30.00 Cazzi Opeia
30.00 Faith Kakembo
36.00 Medina
41.00 Alvaro Estrella
51.00 Cornelia Jakobs
51.00 Samira Manners
71.00 Lillasyster
71.00 Malin Cristin
71.00 Tenori
86.00 Browsing Collection
86.00 Danne Stråhed
101.00 Shirley Clamp
101.00 Linda Bengtzing
101.00 Tribe Friday

Ooh this sounds like quite a FUN line up on paper. I may have missed it so apols, but is Shirley going SCHLAGER or BORING BALLAD? The song title is giving me ballad :(

She's confirmed that it's a 'rousing powerballad'

Last edited:
Surprised to see Omar in the middle of heat 1, I'd thought he's someone they'd want to push.

He has a hit TV show. It's possible he has time for a profile boosting Melfest turn, but isn't actually all that interested in Eurovision.

I do fear this is going to be Shirley's final glue factory moment, but to be fair ballads are pretty much her bread and butter so it's hard to think what other route she could realistically have taken.

I'd have loved it if she just went 'fuck it' and delivered Att Älska Dig: The Sequel though.

(NOT that I've heard her song this year :D )

But I feel like Shirley doing a relatively muted stage show upbeat number (like an updated Att älskar Dig) would be much warmer received by the audience than what I presume is going to be Burning Alive: THE REDUX :(

Heat 1, slot 3 has gone DIREKT two out of the three last opportunities (we'll ignore that last year it was JessAn - Horizon and Robin Bengtsson and Wiktoria before then)

I’m so excited for this I could puke
Let’s do another episode because I’ve got so many feelings too, and I want to throw Pingu under the bus for his backstage comments about lord and saviour Shirley Clamp

• Care
@dUb can I do a Eurovision one this year or am I still persona non grata for being a cow about Charity Shop Sue

@dUb can I do a Eurovision one this year or am I still persona non grata for being a cow about Charity Shop Sue
Oh THANK YOU for your interest laydeh :eyes: I would love to have you on but another Mooper whom I'll be contacting privately has first refusal on the second annual Eurovision special! 2023? :D

Running orders:

Heat 1 - Malmö (5 February)

1. Malou Prytz - Bananas
2. Theoz - Som du vill
3. Shirley Clamp - Let There Be Angels
4. Omar Rudberg - Moving Like That
5. Danne Stråhed - Hallabaloo
6. Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
7. Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love

Heat 2 - Gothenburg (12 February)

1. LIAMOO - Bluffin'
2. Niello & Lisa Ajax - Tror du att jag bryr mig
3. Samira Manners - I Want To Be Loved
4. Alvaro Estrella - Suave
5. Browsing Collection - Face In The Crowd
6. John Lundvik - Änglavakt
7. Tone Sekelius - My Way

Heat 3 - Linköping (19 February)

1. Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough
2. Lancelot - Lyckligt slut
3. Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come
4. Tribe Friday - Shut Me Up
5. Faith Kakembo - Freedom
6. Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra!
7. Anders Bagge - Bigger Than the Universe

Heat 4 - Lidköping (26 February)

1. Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power
2. Lillasyster - Till Our Days Are Over
3. Malin Christin - Synd om dig
4. Tenori - La stella
5. Medina - In i dimman
6. Angelino - The End
7. Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills
Of these Anna, Angelino, Klara, Anders and Liamoo are supposedly entering strong competitive entries. Omar, Malou and Tone is not here to win this year. Haven’t heard much about Robin but I assume he should be in with a shot as well.

Keep an eye on Angelino, having a late draw in the last SF bodes really well for a Dark Horse entry. Think Anna 2010, Frans 2016, Felix 2018 and Clara 2021!

I rewatched Klara's 'Nobody' performance, not sure she's got the vocal skills for something upbeat.

Also Destiny's 'Je Me Casse' performance bears remarkable similarities to this; I wonder why they chose this as the inspiration?!

I rewatched Klara's 'Nobody' performance, not sure she's got the vocal skills for something upbeat.

Also Destiny's 'Je Me Casse' performance bears remarkable similarities to this; I wonder why they chose this as the inspiration?!
Beat Of Broken Hearts was my favourite of this year's songs. I hope lightning can strike twice but that Nobody performance is DIRE :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom