Melodifestivalen 2022 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING thread

Beat Of Broken Hearts was my favourite of this year's songs. I hope lightning can strike twice but that Nobody performance is DIRE :D
Yeah, it was :D
To her defence it was like her second time performing on television after netting a Bingolotto appearance a few months before that.

I took the time to watch her Nobody, BoBH Semi and then Final performances back to back.

At least I can see marked improvements in her stage presence, timing and vocals for each performance.

Even though I don’t feel she’s got the weight to back up her pimp slot placement I’m fine with her getting a third try (since the Swedish population still doesn’t know who she is). I’ll be happy if she surprises me and at least she’s a competitor that we know will go for the win.

Last edited:
I'm clinging onto the hope that even if they cancel the tour, they could still do a big live finale in Stockholm.

They should move it back to Globen :disco:

Though I suppose they technically did last year…

New COVID restrictions in Sweden seem potentially likely to impact the live shows, at least for the first couple of heats:

I have tickets for the final so here is hoping the situation improves considerably by then :(

I remember thinking what a miracle it was that none of the artists were taken down by Covid last year. It seems almost inevitable this year.

We could've had a Further Trials of Anna Book thread here :D

EDIT: Oh, I just checked and our thread is already called that - I thought it was the MANY trials for some reason :tongueout: Well either way it would've been good to have updates.

We could've had a Further Trials of Anna Book thread here :D

EDIT: Oh, I just checked and our thread is already called that - I thought it was the MANY trials for some reason :tongueout: Well either way it would've been good to have updates.
The Emancipation (and Vaccination) of Anna Book.

She apparently had her brush with it in October. Fortunately she was able to muster the strength to ring Aftonbladet and conduct a wistful photoshoot in a lovely autumnal coat before sinking back into her death bed.

1642196654749.png

I wonder if she’s still waiting for that call where Christer tells her that she has a place in Melodifestivalen 2017.

That's a shame, I guess no live audience again.
Actually: According to SVT, they will still let in audiences for the Melodifestivalen's broadcasts, unlike last year when the broadcasts from the Annex were completely without audiences. This year's approach is based on current restrictions, currently a maximum of 500 in the audience.

Actually: According to SVT, they will still let in audiences for the Melodifestivalen's broadcasts, unlike last year when the broadcasts from the Annex were completely without audiences. This year's approach is based on current restrictions, currently a maximum of 500 in the audience.
I imagine it'll make absolutely no difference to the noise compared with a full Swedish audience :basil:

I was re-reading the best thread ever (Allafestivalen) and just realised some posts were deleted, what happened? :square: There are 38 pages but for some reason I can't read/open the last one, maybe some stuff was deleted? I can't remember anything out of hand.

I was re-reading the best thread ever (Allafestivalen) and just realised some posts were deleted, what happened? :square: There are 38 pages but for some reason I can't read/open the last one, maybe some stuff was deleted? I can't remember anything out of hand.
There are only 1,478 posts in that thread, which should fit into 37 pages. The last two posts look like they are discussing something else, so my guess is that posts were moved to start a new thread, but the database glitched and didn't update to show it as only 37 pages long.

Actually this wasn't true, but the thread should now be fixed.

There are only 1,478 posts in that thread, which should fit into 37 pages. The last two posts look like they are discussing something else, so my guess is that posts were moved to start a new thread, but the database glitched and didn't update to show it as only 37 pages long.

I can't read most of that because some daft beggar has put a line through it, but I'm sure it was a wild ride.

What was it in the end? :o

Ledin has gotten an outcry of media and fan support for withstanding SVTs bullying to still hold his concert in Globen on the 25th.

Tomas Ledin's refusal - does not give in to SVT: "Should I let you down?"

Tomas Ledin does not give up.

The artist does not intend to move his anniversary concert in the Globe in favor of the Melodifestivalen.

"Should I disappoint you who, from north to south, travel to the capital just on my birthday?"
- Ledin on Instagram.

It is on February 25 that the popular artist Tomas Ledin, on his 70th birthday, is planning a big anniversary concert with guest artists and surprises. This in the Avicii arena, also known as the Globe, in Stockholm.

At the same time, SVT is stuck. As is well known, the channel has previously chosen to cancel the Melodifestivalen's upcoming tour around the country, due to the restrictions during the corona pandemic.

Instead, all sub-competitions are planned to be broadcast from Stockholm, where the first sub-competition will now take place on Saturday in the Globe.

How it will be with other competitions is currently unclear. But one thing is for sure - the fourth and final competition will definitely have to be held in another arena.

This is because Tomas Ledin has booked the Globe the same weekend - and now made the decision not to postpone his anniversary concert, which is almost fully booked.

Tomas Ledin puts his foot down
In a post on Instagram, Tomas Ledin puts an end to the rumors that his concert might be moved in favor of the Melodifestivalen.

He also gives clear information about why he puts his foot down against SVT.

"Would I disappoint you who, from north to south, travel to the capital just on my birthday? Disappoint you, around 10,000 happy, who come to the celebration of my big day? I do not think so.

And you should know that the jubilee is both warmly happy and clearly taken by the great interest."

"Thank you for all the support"
Furthermore, Tomas Ledin explains that the only thing that can make him shoot at his concert is if the corona virus stops.

In a new post on Wednesday night, the popular artist also thanks for the support he received for standing up for himself with his anniversary concert.

Does it really matter? It's not like Friends Arena is that off-puttingly different a venue for heat 4.

Does it really matter? It's not like Friends Arena is that off-puttingly different a venue for heat 4.
Globen is a better TV arena and they might have trouble filling Friends for the SF and AC. Going to a Mello SF is not as special to Stockholmers as Örnsköldsvikers.

They might have trouble filling it for the SF and AC. Going to a Mello SF is not as special to Stockholmers as Örnsköldsvikers.
Yes but it is also a much BIGGER CITY to begin with! I'm sure they'll be fine finding an audience willing to go for a relatively cheap Saturday night out (I presume tickets for Friends will be cheaper as there are so many more seats) at the biggest show in the country. (Plus, I presume they can always curtain bits off if need be.)

Reactions: Hak
I hope so. The stage looken good last night but seeing empty seats every time the camera pans out deflates most of the hype around the live audience :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom