Melodifestivalen 2022: THE FINAL - Friends Arena

Suspected this would be the case. They really did narrowly avoid catastrophe - his performance was horrible and it had all the hallmarks of a semi-final disaster. Thank goodness the juries weren’t that fond of him.

Saying that, I am absolutely still split on these international juries. The fact that a few randoms around the world, Zooming in from their front rooms, can have that much influence on the result doesn’t sit that well with me. How do we even know who is on the jury? None of this is, of course, anything to do with how they treated Anna.

If they do persist with them, can SVT mandate a little more finesse?

I, for one, WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA.

Let's get some REAL experts into the jury.
Twins.png

Robin, John and Anna being given a subtle hint tonight that they might want to give it a rest for a bit.

Yeah, Anna has claimed her VINDICATION following her Eurovision shame - but even as a big fan of her entries, it's time for her to hang up her stetson for a bit before she falls into the Mariette trap of plopping out entries that are clearly running on fumes compared to past glories.

Robin was lucky the voting messed up in Heat One, as I don't think it's implausible to suggest THEOZ may well have gone DTF over him had it all been running smoothly.
He's become the new David Lindgren and in MY opinion that's not really a positive :D

Yeah, Anna has claimed her VINDICATION following her Eurovision shame - but even as a big fan of her entries, it's time for her to hang up her stetson for a bit before she falls into the Mariette trap
Hopefully she’s become enough of a name to be able to take a break from Melfest while still remaining relevant for bigger tour organisers during summer and Christmas.

A problem for Dr. Anna applying to many successfully recurring Melfest artists is that she still lacks a big domestic hit in Sweden. Desperates like Anna B or Linda B while considered C-list still makes headlines and has at least a few hit songs that that people remember them by. These things do make an artist bookable.

I think @Hak is referring to ANNA BOOK with Anna B rather than Anna Bergendahl - but I only clocked that on second reading. :basil:

• Care
Reactions: Hak
Is Anna Bergendahl really considered C-list? She's won Melodifestivalen! She's clearly quite well loved among the older segments of Swedish society!

Wasn't ABC a big domestic hit for Anna Book? At least on a similar level to Piccadilly Circus. (I suppose only ever having the ONE hit and then never again does probably make a difference here)

Hopefully she’s become enough of a name to be able to take a break from Melfest while still remaining relevant for bigger tour organisers during summer and Christmas.

A problem for Dr. Anna applying to many successfully recurring Melfest artists is that she still lacks a big domestic hit in Sweden. Desperates like Anna B or Linda B while considered C-list still makes headlines and has at least a few hit songs that that people remember them by. These things do make an artist bookable.
I don't think Anna comes across as desperate at all - each entry has been dignified and she just seems happy to be there. I highly doubt she is having to sing for her supper.

I do agree that she should take a break now but 1 win and 3 final appearances in 4 attempts is a decent record.

I don't think Anna comes across as desperate at all
Sorry, I didn't intend to say Dr. Anna's desperate at all.

My reasoning is that even though she's considered a more succesful singer than Anna B or Linda they still might net more bookings as they're more marketable to the average Swede.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's back again in two-three years, hopefuly with a song slightly more digestable for the under 30's.

Sorry, I didn't intend to say Dr. Anna's desperate at all.

My reasoning is that even though she's considered a more succesful singer than Anna B or Linda they still might net more bookings as they're more marketable to the average Swede.
Oh don’t apologise, I need to stop defending her all the time! :D

I guess Linda and Anna are more ‘fun for bookings etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Hak
I heard In i Dimman in the gym now. How did this not win?! It sounds exactly like the basic gay totalitarian anthem we need now that we’re at war
Well QUITE. With a war on, Europe simply doesn't want to hear Cointreau Corny feeling sorry for herself and pretending to have a heart attack in an attempt to get her boyfriend of a week and a half to hold her closer, but Sweden will only have itself to blame :)

tatianna-choices.gif

When are we getting the Heat 1/AC/and final televote full results? :evil:

So the full results are now out. The most striking thing I noticed on first glance was that despite winning her group in Semi-final 5, Cazzi would have been eliminated if results were based on raw votes alone :o

So the full results are now out. The most striking thing I noticed on first glance was that despite winning her group in Semi-final 5, Cazzi would have been eliminated if results were based on raw votes alone :o
Also Anna was 4th in her heat and wouldn’t have escaped AC on raw votes.

And Alvaro got the second highest number of votes of the entire night and STILL didn’t qualify.

The OAPs pulling Anna through again!

Anna's numbers are HILARIOUS :D

Scores in the final per demographic

3-9: ZERO POINTS
10-15: ZERO POINTS
16-29: ZERO POINTS
30-44: ZERO POINTS
45-59: 1 Point
60-74: 7 Points
75+: 8 Points
Telephone voters: 2 Points

Thank God for the CRONE DEMOGRAPHIC

Not to forget the two Latin European juries :disco:

Long may this be the case considering the crap other groups vote for!

Wouldn't a THEOS feat. Dr. Anna be the best of two worlds!?
3-910-1516-2930-4445-5960-7475+Phone
2Som du vill121212125585
3Higher Power588812121212

:D I did tell her that she should follow Malou's way with exciting fashions to grab those all important UNDER 45s votes :(

f1fab71c-46f9-46e8-968f-df072f209d0b.jpg

Tony Sánchez Ohlsson, who co-wrote Quédate conmigo with G.Son and worked with him endless times, part of the Spanish jury in MF. Is that ethical? Surely not :confused:

I am most looking forward to the annual 0 points to Anna Bergendahl from the under 35 year olds

View attachment 8865