Melodifestivalen 2023 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING THREAD

I haven't read through all this thread so APOLS if somebody has already said but, but I could be VERY HERE for a Jon Henrik win if the song is correct. I'd love Sweden to send some joiking nonsense.

I'm not sure if I appreciated it at the time, but this remains a slightly batshit, crusty but fabulous moment :disco:

I definitely preferred Robin Bengtsson to Nano. But yes, 2017 was another absolutely glittering final!

If I had the choice, I'd have preferred Ace Wilder to get the nod with the glorious Wild Child that year and a proper stage show, likewise for Robin and Constellation Prize the year prior, and then had Frans fed into a wood chipper. (I KEEP THE FAITH that well-moisturised ageless icon Mariette will win one day)

The Jury/Televote mismatch in the 2017 final really led to them making the most boring possible choice.

Any of Jon Henrik & Aninia, Wiktoria or Mariette would have been fabulous Swedish entries that year.

Can Mariette just REPURPOSE A Million Years again this year pls. It would have been an incredible Eurovision for Estonia or somewhere similar.
Everything she's done since has been a DUD.

This is my personal 'VoR plugging One More Time - Highlander', but it'll always pain me that Mariette didn't come back with (an abridged) Time to Spare in 2018 instead of For You (much as I really tried to make that one HAPPEN at the time)

Capture (2).PNG

Farah completely winged this horrible presentation of the draw, she obviously thought no preparation was needed. Spending most of the 12 minutes trying to hype up the artists which were already presented a month ago is nuts.

Karin reigned it in a bit but I've would've preferred if they focused more on song selection, why each song was chosen and the reasoning behind this year's running order.

OK here are my first predictions, just based on artist, odds, running order and hype - so will be wildly wrong, I am sure...

Semi 1
DTF - Tone Sekelius and Jon Henrik Fjällgren & Co.
AC - Victor Crone and Ewa & Eva

Semi 2
DTF - Wiktoria and Maria Sur
AC - Panetoz and THEOZ

Semi 3
DTF - Nordman and Marcus & Martinus
AC - Paul Rey and Laurell

Semi 4
DTF - Kiana and Loreen
AC - Smash Into Pieces and Mariette

I assume the majority of those drawn in 2, 3 or 5 will be out in the heats, with maybe a couple having an outside chance of scrapping through to the andra chansen (or whatever it's called now).

Weekly Mello Schedule
All times in CET.

Mondays
- Rigging of stage starts at 12:00.

Tuesdays
- A select number of journalists hear previews of this week's songs.
- Artists have their last "dry rehearsals" in gymnastics halls or similar.

Wednesday
- Rigging of the stage is done at 12:00.
- Artists arrives on set.
- First rehearsals on stage starts after lunch. First journalists reports comes shortly after.

Thursday
- 07:00 previews of the songs are released to the public.
- Second round of rehearsals.

Friday
- 07:00, 30 sec previews of on stage rehearsals are released.
- 19:45-21:15, Jury Dress Rehearsal with live audience.

Saturday
- 14:00, Saturday Matiné Reharsal with live audience, also called the "Family Show" in Swedish.
- 19:30, Pre-show with Linda B.
- 20:00, Heats with Jesper and Farah.
- 21:25-21:40, After show with Linda B.

Live Shows

The big stage rigging, Live on SVT Play from the stage construction
from 12:00 Monday 30 January to Wednesday 1 February at 12:00.
Slow TV live from the stage construction in Scandinavium in Gothenburg where the first part of the competition takes place.

Pre-party! Live from the arena, SVT Play Saturdays 19:30-20:00
All of Sweden's pre-party with Linda Bengtzing
With star-studded guests and exciting analyses, Linda Bengtzing invites you to a really bubbly pre-party! We're cheering you up before Melodifestivalen, live on location from Melloarenan. Experts predict the evening's results and gossip about the week's gossip - and of course you're invited!

Melodifestivalen Live Live from the arena, SVT Play Saturdays 20:00-21:25

After party! Live from the Greenroom in the arena, SVT Play Saturdays 21:25-21:40
All of Sweden's Afterparty with Linda Bengtzing
With star-studded guests and exciting analyses, Linda Bengtzing invites you to a really bubbly pre-party! We're cheering you up before Melodifestivalen, live on location from Melloarenan. Experts predict the evening's results and gossip about the week's gossip - and of course you're invited!

Competition Content

Tjuvlyssna, Eavesdrop on the contributions, published on SVT Play Thursdays at 07:00 during the competition weeks.
One minute of all songs is played.

Mellobyrån, published on SVT Play Thursdays at 07:00 during the competition weeks.
The panel, led by Linda Bengtzing, is passionate about Melodifestivalen and the participants are not afraid to say what they think. Which song gets five Mello Crowns during the reviews? Who do they think will make it to the finals? And do you agree with them? Each episode disappears after the end of the competition. Preview this week's contribution together with Kaeli Abdi, Sussie Eriksson and Torbjörn Averås Skorup.

Smygtitta, Sneak peek at the contributions, published on SVT Play Fridays at 07:00 during the competition weeks.
30 seconds from the artists' rehearsal.

Se bidragen, See the entries, published on SVT Play Saturdays after the broadcast during the competition weeks.
See and hear the entire entries - except for those who make it directly to the final.

Other Mello Programming

Sleep with Mello, published on SVT Play Saturday 28 January at 23:00
Do you have difficulty falling asleep? Melodifestivalen can help you. In season 2 of Somna med Mello, we offer a twice as long program with monotonous results shows from Melodifestivalen's archive. Join us on a slow, tiresome and drawn-out Mellotrip that will hopefully make you drowsy. DId the right song win?

Emil watches Mello, published on SVT Play Wednesdays at 02:00 during the competition weeks.
Deep dive into Melodifestivalen's archives together with one of the biggest thinkers of our time - YouTuber Emil Hansius. Emil enjoys analyzing both the highs and lows from Mello's long history. What are the biggest mistakes? Were there any great opening acts in the 70s? And what is the recipe for success as a presenter?

Melloartisterna, published on SVT Play Friday evenings at 20:00 every week
Meet this year's Mello artists off stage and perhaps even outside their comfort zone. This week's current participants are thrown into unexpected challenges and have to answer clever questions. This could be a little bit of anything.

Mello backstage, published on SVT Play Sundays every week at 02:00
Follow behind the scenes at Melodifestivalen! How do the artists prepare? What do the presenters do when they are not on air? What does it look like behind the scenes? In Mello backstage, you get a unique insight into life at the arenas - where anything can happen.

Social Media Channels

The Melodifestivalens app: Google Play, App store
The Melodifestivalen app is where Mello and the viewer meet. In the app you can vote for your favorites for free, read about the contributions and see posts from the artists. You can compete against your friends and see who has the best guess, and you will be able to see how your friends and groups have voted: Who would have advanced if only your friends could vote? the very best punters end up on the prestigious Top 100 list. The app also contains collector's cards, already in several albums documenting the history of Melodifestivalen.

YouTube: @MelodifestivalenSVT

Twitter: @melfest_en, @SVTmelfest

TikTok: @melodifestivalen

Instagram: @Melodifestivalen

Discord: Melodifestivalen

Last edited:
That's REALLY GOOD. I guess the powers that be decided that only one song loosely of that ilk was allowed and so we got Loulou.

I wonder if there is any chance of a Hanna and Lina comeback... they appeared together in one of the skits a couple of years back didn't they?

I am absolutely loving Redo nu and can imagine Sanna singing it as Hanna's voice is quite similar.

Rejected submission from Lina Hedlund’s sister Hanna. This would have been a gorgeous addition to the lineup - BASTARDS! :evil:

"Händerna Mot Himlen" goes Melodifestivalen is always the ticket. :disco:

Redo nu is gorgeous. It surely would have done better than LouLou, maybe even knocked made top 4 in that heat, but I guess they wouldn’t have known how disastrous LouLou’s performance would be, and Hanna didn’t have the same comeback story either. It’s a shame she didn’t try again next year, though I guess it didn’t close get to the finish line and they decided it wasn’t worth it. It was also co-written by Myra Granberg who co-wrote Signe and Hjördis which isn’t as good as this this either. Sometimes I wonder about the selection committee and the decisions they make.

Redo no is quite glorious! I don't think it would have been right for a Sanna comeback, but it's a gem without that extra baggage all the same.

Another probable reject, Da Buzz celebrating 25 years together with a track that clocks in at 3 minutes exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom