Miscellaneous Italians Do It Better

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Rather than clogging up the Chromatics thread I thought I would put this here.

MotherMary are twins who escaped the Mormon church. They now turn out synthpop and apparently sacrilegious ritual-inspired live performances. Recent single Give It Up is really addictive:

Krakow Loves Adana have left the label, unhappy that their completed album was going to be put on the shelf, presumably at the whim of Johnny Jewel. I've enjoyed a lot of the random releases this year but they struggle enough to follow through on the planned stuff for their core acts. No sign of the Desire album that was due this summer...

That slo-mo ‘Barbie Girl’ would be even better if it had the ‘Distant Planet’ riff (or some Savage-isms) thrown at it :disco:

Rather than clogging up the Chromatics thread I thought I would put this here.

MotherMary are twins who escaped the Mormon church. They now turn out synthpop and apparently sacrilegious ritual-inspired live performances. Recent single Give It Up is really addictive:

Krakow Loves Adana have left the label, unhappy that their completed album was going to be put on the shelf, presumably at the whim of Johnny Jewel. I've enjoyed a lot of the random releases this year but they struggle enough to follow through on the planned stuff for their core acts. No sign of the Desire album that was due this summer...

i wanted to like their previous single more than i actually did but je suis properly obsédé with this one.

Another new artist on the roster:

I love this one from a few months back:

Though I do like to moan about delayed albums etc they really have churned out so much music this year, and most of it has been very good (the in house stuff more so).

It isn't quite La Dean vs Energise Records but some label drama:

In Mirrors commented supportively (now deleted).

Megan Louise of Desire did an ask me anything on Instagram. No Desire album this year (apparently so they can tour) and Dear Tommy is not seeing the light of day in 2020 (:rolleyes:). They are both releasing more music this year though, and Glass Candy are allegedly coming back soon.

i really hope johnny doesn't turn out to be an asshole as is being hinted by kla.

as for glass candy, it's been 9 years since warm in the winter. nine!
seriously, worse than mks.

After Dark III coming on Friday with 17 new songs (you might even get one or two from Glass Candy) :disco:

The previous plan I think was a Fresh Blood compilation including some of the singles released this year. Keeping track of their plans is obviously a fool's game though, and I guess all new songs is even better.

Unfortunately no Glass Candy on this (:o), though they are apparently releasing a single next month. We'll see...

Endless Sleep was meant to be on Dear Tommy (it MIGHT still pop up :rolleyes:) and it is the Nana Cruel Summer not the Taylor.

never heard this. boy makes me cringe and i can never get past it.
any sulty gems?

never heard this. boy makes me cringe and i can never get past it.
any sulty gems?

Boy is not my favourite Desire effort either, I wish they had a stronger song on AD3. It feels a bit wrong not having Glass Candy on there too.

It is an enjoyable collection though. The Club Intl song is probably my favourite but that isn't new. Also liking Resurrection and the two Orion songs are good, especially Higher. Endless Sleep is excellent too.

Glume seems to be IDIB flavour of the month but I am not completely convinced.

Give It Up is dreamy and the cover is :disco:

Cover-scaled.jpg

Body, I can't tell if I like or if it makes me uncomfortable

Two strong singles this week. Epic dark synth excellence and her accent on the spoken bits is delicious :disco:

Club Intl have an album apparently coming in May and a remix by Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT came with the single but I prefer the original I think:

Johnny's cast his net further east for the latest signing to the label:

There's A LOT going on.

GAGGED to discover that DLINA VOLNY are confirmed to be releasing an ALBUM :shock: through IDIB soon.
I guess they need to start investing in some NEW ACTS to flog dry since Chromatics and Glass Candy both seem to be very sadly over.

New single, unfortunately it's not a PATCH on Do It for me -

I must also say both Jorja Chalmers albums on IDIB are absolutely FUCKING AMAZING, I'd start a thread for her but it would probably just be me WITTERING AWAY

You can listen to the first album IN FULL here, and the very first track 'Human Again' is SO BEAUTIFUL and a great teaser for her sound in general -

QUEEN!

Good that the Dlina Volny album has a date. They are pretty consistent so it should be good, better than the JOON one anyway.

It has gone suspiciously quiet on the Desire album AGAIN... and Club Intl too.

Another new signing with an album 'soon to be released'

Not much in the way of DELICIOUS TOMATO SAUCE on those beans.

i keep looking for this thread in electronic and dance... the genres are so confusing these days.

anyway, been enjoying jorja chalmers' midnight train avlot. these two are my favourites - slow, succulent, woman-on-the-verge, sax storm in a teacup epics.

she's bringing saxy back

:basil:

New MOTHERMARY:

OO-ER

Their 'mesmerizing' album I Am Your God is due 28th January.

so so good indeed. the production is so tight, so good.

idib are on such a roll musically the last couple of years even with their big stars down and out.
is there a better label right now?

I love the label, certain release schedule frustrations aside, and the expanded roster is certainly more hit than miss. The amount of gems on their Fresh Blood playlist, and the vast majority from 2020 and 2021:

I saw they have an album out too. As much as I miss Chromatics I do love how fast and furious their releases come now.

Meanwhile, speaking of Chromatics, Adam has announced an album of instrumental meditational pieces:

https://mradammiller.bandcamp.com/

Pretty sure this won't be my bag but he was very charming by email when sorting out a messed up IDIB mail order a couple of years back.

Really waiting to see what Ruth does next :disco:

there's a new video too with a nice change in tempo.

the music and themes become a bit repetitive but i love these girls and their unending supply of fabulously trashy theological synth-poppery.
give it up is still my runaway favourite.

Desire seems to feature on half the IDIB releases in some form these days.

They have Lovelock on the roster now, though the new single oddly sounds less IDIB relevant than the quite old previous album:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom