Modern words and phrases you don’t understand

'It's very that'
'When will your [x]'
I don't understand what a roadman is, or why you'd say 'man's' rather than 'I'm'
Also basically every dance, challenge or 'POV' on TikTok, or why influencers exist and are famous.

I'm not old, I'm just better.

I don't understand anything in this thread, sorry :(

Here are a few terms I'd like to bring BACK into common parlance:

“Just a gentle reminder” always grates my darling fancy. Very popular with passive-aggressive, untrustworthy PAs :)

I always see, especially on Twitter, people referring to somebody else as "FAM", I assume it's another way of saying "friend"?

which brings me to this, people also calling each other "bestie" but in like a passive-aggressive way instead of using the old fashioned "bitch".

“Snuck” instead of Sneaked.

SNUCK RIGHT OFF :kim:
Absolutely this. I must have an aversion to the “sn…ck/k” formation as I also can’t bear sneakers or Snickers (although I’ll obviously eat the latter). I’m less bothered by SNACK, probably because I find it quite amusing for whatever bewildering reason

I always see, especially on Twitter, people referring to somebody else as "FAM", I assume it's another way of saying "friend"?

which brings me to this, people also calling each other "bestie" but in like a passive-aggressive way instead of using the old fashioned "bitch".

So true bestie.

Ron Jr is a right little gamer nerd and he comes out with all manor of shit. OP and sweaty are two that stand out.

One of the younger folk in our office describe a Hallowe'en costume she had sported a couple of years ago as "a bit too iconic" and I thought "oh well, that's me off to the farm with all the other dead dogs then..." :(

Mid, which sounds like it should mean average, but seems to actually mean bad?

When young people post skdjdjdk, or whatever it is. What is that? Is it just supposed to be a more unappealing way to write 'LOL'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom