Monkeypox

Its only available here if you've been exposed (I haven't) or if you are a gay man who's had sex with more than 2 men in the last week weeks (I haven't :(). I may lie to get it though...

They didn’t even ask me any questions, only about allergies and whether I took another vaccine recently. They’re very easy about it.

They didn’t even ask me any questions, only about allergies and whether I took another vaccine recently. They’re very easy about it.

We have a very limited number of doses here. Canada seems to hand out to anyone. A Belgian friend of mine were able to get it even though he was only a tourist in Canada.

I am still wondering whether to get one but no idea where to go. They seem to have run out.

I looked into getting it but they don’t wanna give you one unless you’re being raw dogged a dozen times a week :cry:

This is unfortunate (but what a holiday!)

Man Tests Positive for COVID, Monkeypox and HIV After Spain Trip​

A man from Italy has tested positive for COVID-19, monkeypox, and HIV all at the same time after returning from a short trip in Spain, according to researchers from the University of Catania in Italy.

The scientists stated in the Journal of Infection that the 36-year-old man, who has not been identified, developed fever, a sore throat, fatigue, and headache as a result of the co-infection.

There are 632.4 million people living with the three viruses individually.

The Journal of Infection report pointed out the continuing dominance of COVID-19 and monkeypox in the world as they published details about the man's co-infection.

The Italian man reportedly spent five days in Spain in June and developed the symptoms nine days after returning from his trip.

As for COVID, the patient received two doses of the COVID vaccine and had already contracted the virus in January, but he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 2 and began developing a rash on his left arm on the same day.

The next day, small, painful vesicles that surrounded a rash appeared on the patient's torso, lower limbs, face and glutes. The vesicles continued to spread on July 5 and developed into pustules, which prompted him to go to the emergency department at the University Hospital in Catania where he was transferred to the Infectious Diseases Unit.

At the hospital, the patient tested positive for monkeypox after reporting that he had "condomless intercourse with men during his stay in Spain." Multiple STI tests also came back positive for HIV, in which the scientists said that they "assume that the infection was relatively recent."

"This case highlights how monkeypox and COVID-19 symptoms may overlap, and corroborates how in case of co-infection, anamnestic collection and sexual habits are crucial to perform the correct diagnosis," researchers said.

The man was discharged from the hospital on July 11 and isolated at home.

The researchers continued: "Clinicians should be aware of the possibility of SARS-CoV-2 and monkeypox virus co-infection, particularly in subjects with a recent history of travel to monkeypox-outbreak areas."

"Our case emphasises that sexual intercourse could be the predominant way of transmission. Therefore, complete STI screening is recommended after a diagnosis of monkeypox," their report read.

However, since this is the only reported case of monkeypox, COVID, and HIV altogether, there isn't enough evidence to support that this "combination may aggravate [a] patient's condition."

"Given the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and the daily increase of monkeypox cases, healthcare systems must be aware of this eventuality, promoting appropriate diagnostic tests in high-risk subjects, which are essential to containment as there is no widely available treatment or prophylaxis," the researchers added.

www.newsweek.com/man-tests-positive-covid-monkeypox-hiv-after-spain-rip-1736632

It did make me wonder if there's a point with viruses where the immune system is like "no more please, I'm just TOO FULL!". And a fourth virus (whether cold/flu/STD would just have to WAIT ITS TURN to be processed.

Or in theory is there no limit to how many viruses/infections the body can take on at any one point, and the main variable is just how shitty/dead you end up feeling?

(I am not medically/scientifically minded, in case that's not already clear.)

I think it’s the latter, no? Viruses attack your immune system leaving you open to other viruses.

My recurrent cancer is based on this principle- it’s a type that lots and lots of people carry but never know about, but because my immune system is compromised (and they don’t know how), it is able to manifest as lumps, but my body has cleared them on its own before without needing removal as my immune system has obviously been in a good place.

It did make me wonder if there's a point with viruses where the immune system is like "no more please, I'm just TOO FULL!". And a fourth virus (whether cold/flu/STD would just have to WAIT ITS TURN to be processed.

Or in theory is there no limit to how many viruses/infections the body can take on at any one point, and the main variable is just how shitty/dead you end up feeling?

(I am not medically/scientifically minded, in case that's not already clear.)
I’ll pick this one up Finn, since I believe I am the only Moopy member with a background in medical science.

This is called the “Three Stooges”’syndrome and it is where a delicate state of homeostasis is created by the presence in the body of every disease known to man, and so they cancel each other out

Here’s a visual representation:
1D98B71C-D336-4599-B507-0839C3A0AF09.png

I looked into getting it but they don’t wanna give you one unless you’re being raw dogged a dozen times a week :cry:
So I heard and unless you can get it via long stares at the gym, I should be OK

I’ll pick this one up Finn, since I believe I am the only Moopy member with a background in medical science.

This is called the “Three Stooges”’syndrome and it is where a delicate state of homeostasis is created by the presence in the body of every disease known to man, and so they cancel each other out

Here’s a visual representation:

Omg you got there first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom