Moopy Family Fortunes - MUSIC SPECIAL 2021 - RESULTS AT 8PM TONIGHT

You should give them a try!
Oh I know who they are and when I looked afterwards I knew the obvious ones (mostly because of The Satz and Jamelia but still)

That's a lot of winners.
I thought i'd blown it with the Usher question.

Just goes to show, spend a whole evening googling and fretting about it will really pay dividends in a pointless internet competition on an obscure music forum.

For the balance in this scientific research, I spent a few minutes guessing and not giving a shit and it achieved exactly the opposite. SIENSE.

I didn't say two tribes, I said war by Edwin Starr in my answers. I know that won't make me the winner, but will it bump me UP?

Currently in a coastal homosexual establishment looking miserable, but you know, priorities @Ag

I didn't say two tribes, I said war by Edwin Starr in my answers. I know that won't make me the winner, but will it bump me UP?

Currently in a coastal homosexual establishment looking miserable, but you know, priorities @Ag

It would also give me an extra point, so all good

Surprised I didn't come in LAST. The Swedish songwriter sung by a Brit was the most DIFFICULT for me but somehow did not end up with a 1.

I would have said banshee for the Kate question without any thought, because didn't we have a forum called banshees at one point? Then I realised it was gone so doubted myself, but I still thought it might score higher.

This one tickled me for some reason:

1. Name a word you'd associate with Kate Bush

1 Quiet (Soldi)

:D

I spent far too long agonising over the SWEDE/BRIT question and because of the wording (implying solo artist or group) I kept hesitating over I Know Him So Well. But it felt like the obvious one so I'm pleased some others went for it. Otherwise it was basically take your pick of MAX MARTIN tracks and nothing stood out. Plus I overthought everything because most of these songs were written with someone else/co-written with the Brit. And after all that Adele wins and that song never even cropped up on my searches!

Fuck the hall of fame question though...I looked at the most recent entries and Whitney was there and how is she not more moopy than Tina?!

Unless Tina was more recent. But I thought Whitney was in the last group to be inducted. Ugh

Oh God sorry. I'm not changing it though, because I can't be arsed. I have never been this exhausted before and honestly running something on Moopy feels so extra curricular right now. But you'll always know you're better than your placing.

I'm also a bit :agog: at Enjoy The Silence winning by such a landslide. Just Can't Get Enough was probably as big here, no? And the Satz connection and stuff. I spent forever (2 minutes) deciding between the two, figuring it would be an EVEN SPLIT. Thank fuck I went with the better song!

I'm also a bit :agog: at Enjoy The Silence winning by such a landslide. Just Can't Get Enough was probably as big here, no? And the Satz connection and stuff. I spent forever (2 minutes) deciding between the two, figuring it would be an EVEN SPLIT. Thank fuck I went with the better song!
I think Depechy have their big three, but Enjoy the Silence really stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Actually BIG FOUR if I include Stars.

Oh God sorry. I'm not changing it though, because I can't be arsed. I have never been this exhausted before and honestly running something on Moopy feels so extra curricular right now. But you'll always know you're better than your placing.

:D

I mean, it's fine, it didn't put me top 10 (I think I go from 16th to 11th, and who wants to miss out on the top 10 by ONE place? Not Kylie evidently), I'll only come back to you if there's more of these and I end up a fraction away from winning. Which is unlikely, but if so I can use this information to storm in dramatically and snatch victory from Family Fortunes housewives favourite @Indie, who doesn't need another trophy anyway.

I'm sure it's not easy doing these when there's real life stuff going on too but they're super fun so I'm sure everyone is grateful you put it together.

(Side note - themed ones are even more fun)

A bit surprised at the Kylie top 10 answers - I guess Word Is Out is less known but I went for it because wasn't it the first one of hers to actually miss the top 10? And a lead single no less which at the time must have been a bit SHOCKING.

By the mid 90s she missed more than she hit the top 10, so just business as usual. I suppose charting at 11 fits the bill more though and "Put Yourself In My Place" is a particular tragedy in the Kylie timeline

Put Yourself In My Place was my first Kylie thought but went for the more recent Say Something which seemed popular with Moopy punters but garnered a measly 4 points.

Thanks @Ag , is this a 20 round affair?

A bit surprised at the Kylie top 10 answers - I guess Word Is Out is less known but I went for it because wasn't it the first one of hers to actually miss the top 10? And a lead single no less which at the time must have been a bit SHOCKING.

By the mid 90s she missed more than she hit the top 10, so just business as usual. I suppose charting at 11 fits the bill more though and "Put Yourself In My Place" is a particular tragedy in the Kylie timeline
I went for Word Is Out because it was her first one to miss the Top 10 which was a shock at the time, especially as a lead single. Plus it was recently shown on TOTP 1991.

Fuck the hall of fame question though...I looked at the most recent entries and Whitney was there and how is she not more moopy than Tina?!

Unless Tina was more recent. But I thought Whitney was in the last group to be inducted. Ugh

Tina going in was in the news very recently, so thats why I went with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom