Moopy Runners

I’ve been doing 20 minute runs along the promenade and back as soon as I get up in the morning

I got just under 4K this morning with the aim of trying to get as close to 5k as possible

It's warm today so I'm reading my book out the back today and doing my run in the evening when it cools a little. Hopefully it'll be beautiful then too.

Half of my evening runs never materialise though so watch this space.

Because of the injury this week, not able to take the stairs without pain in the heel let alone run. Physiotherapy next week. Did a 10k walk in 95min to make some room for the wine. Even the walk felt a little uncomfortable so better just rest for now.

Because of the injury this week, not able to take the stairs without pain in the heel let alone run. Physiotherapy next week. Did a 10k walk in 95min to make some room for the wine. Even the walk felt a little uncomfortable so better just rest for now.

Listen to your body!

I dunno, I just feel like this week my head has been (understandably, I guess) elsewhere. And with the gym, I could force myself, but running I need to be in the mood for. Tomorrow morning, or if not, then definitely Monday first thing.

Reactions: SDF
Did 40 miles on bike yesterday, making 200 in total over 2 and a bit weeks. Quarantine working well here.

I haven't been out yesterday or today and I'm really feeling it. Moody, bored and anxious. And I say I'll go tonight but I've already eaten so much that I can't see running far enough.

I'll push myself tomorrow and hopefully get back into that mindset.

can somebody PLEASE share some essential playlists to make daily workout routines less of a chore? (And mainly because I seem to have played out Dua Lipa's album since it came out)
Best Regards,

Thanks Chlammy, I’ll give that a listen in the morning :disco:

Just broke 29-mins! I'm thrilled! I've been running every other day (had a day's break for Easter and my birthday as figured that was allowed!) and my times have really been improving. It shows that that was all I ever needed to do to break those milestones instead of just moaning every time I came back from a park run.

Now I need to stop stopping in all the same places. There's one bit in particular which is uphill and when I get to a junction I stop to cross the road, even though it's a minor road and there's not been a car coming once. My brain remembers I like to stop there so it stops me. That or I should just find a new route.

Seriously, well done.

I have been rubbish the past week. Just exhausted and can't force myself out the door to bother.

So annoyed. Pretty sure I got 10km in 46 minutes something and possibly a PB 5k, yet my GPS has messed up and Strava is telling me I ran 15km in 42 minutes. :(

I've been trying for one day run, one day cycle, which has made my runs far more bearable (as dull as indoor cycling can be).

Having said that, today is a run day and I'm finding it hard to build up the energy to get up and go.

I've actually just decided to dust my bike down. I haven't run at all for 10 days now and I feel shitty. Just can't get my head into it. I am definitely going to go tomorrow at some point.

5km in 20 mins 36 seconds!

And managed 10km in 44 minutes with the hill of doom at the end. :D

Delighted. Taking a day on the bike in between really pays off.

Does anyone have any hot tips (what worked for them, nothing scientific) for gaining speed? I have been consistently jogging three miles but my pace is generally 10:30/mile (= 6:30/km). I was never Usain Bolt but I used to be able to an 8:30/mile pace for my 3 mile runs once upon a time and would like to return to that.

Yeah, I think interval training is the best thing. Maybe use a treadmill for speed training if you have access?

5km in about 21:40 tonight which I'm happy enough with. Then it was too dark to see people coming so I walked half the way home before I got to the less packed bit.

That's running or cycling plus healthy eating every day since last Wednesday so let's see how long the streak lasts.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think interval training is the best thing. Maybe use a treadmill for speed training if you have access?

5km in about 21:40 tonight which I'm happy enough with. Then it was too dark to see people coming so I walked half the way home before I got to the less packed bit.

That's running or cycling plus healthy eating every day since last Wednesday so let's see how long the streak lasts.
Yeah I routinely set the treadmill for 7.0 mph speed but for some reason I'm just so much more leisurely outside/when I can't track my speed. Our gyms are closed due to the pandemic right now so I have just been running outside. I did improve my typical 10:30 min/mile speed to 9:44 yesterday. I'll try intervals tomorrow.

Yeah I routinely set the treadmill for 7.0 mph speed but for some reason I'm just so much more leisurely outside/when I can't track my speed. Our gyms are closed due to the pandemic right now so I have just been running outside. I did improve my typical 10:30 min/mile speed to 9:44 yesterday. I'll try intervals tomorrow.

That's normal I think, though you get these people who talk about how much quicker they run outdoors which I don't get. On treadmills I was building up to 16 and 17km speed on 10km runs and getting 40/41min times, but I can't get close to that outside without the constant speed beneath me.

Runkeeper is quite good for intervals. I use it alongside Strava sometimes and it instructs you when it wants you to build speed and how far you've missed the mark by/how much ahead of your target speed you are.

Runkeeper is quite good for intervals. I use it alongside Strava sometimes and it instructs you when it wants you to build speed and how far you've missed the mark by/how much ahead of your target speed you are.
I use Runkeeper (apparently I've recorded over 300 runs :disco: on it) but I turned thee notifcations off ages ago for being too nagging. I guess they do serve a purpose then :D

I use Runkeeper (apparently I've recorded over 300 runs :disco: on it) but I turned thee notifcations off ages ago for being too nagging. I guess they do serve a purpose then :D
They do! Although I still haven't figured out how to make it do exactly what I want re: intervals and I've stopped counting its times because Strava gives me better ones and feeds my ego more. :)

Brilliant run @SDF!

It's been so nice for evening runs lately and I'm really dreading the rain coming but I'm determined to keep up my every other day.

So I visited a physio and a doctor for my leg and it turns out it is not the achilles but rather a tear in the calf. I'm allowed to run if the pain permits it but I don't want to takes risks yet. Today I walked 7k and it felt good. Also, the MRI on my arm was clean and probably a small tear on that as well.

The theme for the rest of the year: "no more tears (enough is enough)" :moira:

That's great(?) @wildchild if it's not as bad as you thought. Hopefully you're able to get back into it eventually.

I just had my first inadvertent cheat night in 11 days. Went on a big walk this morning but no exercise-exercise and I had a small Easter egg, some bread and a packet of crisps. I was feeling quite justified until I stuck 4OD on and the advert was a slim guy in speedos diving into a pull. Now I feel like a slob.

Back at it tomorrow.

So I went out this morning for my first run in a couple of weeks (I think...I had an aborted one I’m not counting) and just kept going and going and did 10k! Admittedly, really slow at 68 mins, but overjoyed with that. Don’t think I could have physically done another step at the end, though. Had to sit down and steady myself for 15 minutes before going up my stairs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom