Moopy Runners

Well done @Sheena!

@Tischlampe do it NOW.
AIKZkRkTvhSMEM9C27QDMYKeTxjABTkaxPqfdwC2gm4.jpg

I need to get back to 10 mile shape. That’s where I want to be. Then work on speed. I’d like to break or come close to all my PBs (5k, 10k, 10mi) this year.

So I started running just to get out of the house during this pandemic, and after a few weeks off having stacked it and bashed my knees, I've started again.

I ran 5.4km at a pace of 4:27/km yesterday, and 7.75km at a pace of 5:06/km today.

Coming for Usain's Britney's World record and don't you forget it.

21:40 tonight. Then stopped and tried to restart for the second 5km but my leg was hurting. Hopefully it's just from lack of stretching after my last run.

Happy with the time regardless.

Another 10k this morning, just outside 67 minutes this time, so over a minute faster than Sunday. My legs were like jelly at the end again- was trying to get inside 67 minutes and they almost gave way and kinda stumbled over the 10k point :D Ah well, that's good, I'll take it. I can't believe I ever ran 57 minutes for 10k- seems like a lifetime away, let alone the ridiculous times you lot manage!

Also, got on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in and now hit 2 stone off in 2020, with a total of 3 and a half stone since I started getting back into exercising. BOOM!

That is all AWESOME Sheena!

For comparison last night I had a DIRTY kebab and had to cut my run short this morning because my HEART kept hurting :disco:

Fuck me, I could murder a kebab. My meat cravings are OFF THE SCALE suddenly in lockdown. Not sure why.

Chicken rather than lamb doner and Lamb shish rather than chicken PLEASE

Would anyone be up for a shared Moopy 5k some day? Almost like a mini virtual park run?

Or is that pushing it?

LOL! Only cause you’d WIN!
I don't think so. Not when GNL is matching my times on his first run in years and BoysForSeles is running minute miles. :(

But we wouldn't have to make it a race. Just a fun coordinated run.

I don't think so. Not when GNL is matching my times on his first run in years and BoysForSeles is running minute miles. :(

But we wouldn't have to make it a race. Just a fun coordinated run.

I’d do it, even though I’d be right up the back.

Oh I’d definitely be up for a 5k loves

I did another two 10ks this weekend, my legs are killing me tonight but the pain is totally worth it :disco:

Just got back from my 5k this morning. My time was still okay but I've definitely lost the modjo I had a couple of weeks ago. I was 'sprinting' at the end but had to laugh 'cos I was thinking that I was probably doing the same speed @Chlammy does regularly. :D

What was your time?

You can’t win ‘em all. The last two times I’ve been out I’ve gone too quickly at the start to try and run another comeback PB and had to stop for a bit. And then I know out of the blue I’ll manage it when I least expect it.

It was 29 something, so still under 30 which has always been my main goal since picking it back up again. Not sure if pacing is my problem (i.e. attempting to start being 'faster') or just general tiredness of my body after a weekend of drinking and later nights.

You're completely right about getting the best times when you don't expect it though. Back in the days of parkruns the ones where I wasn't really feeling it sometimes turned out into my best times.

I get that too. Although then I think that maybe the reason I'm not feeling it is because I'm pushing myself more than usual without realising it, hence the better time.

I'm going to do a run in half an hour or so. I've been feeling much better with evening runs recently but I've got a writing class tonight so this will have to do.

The fact you're disappointed with a 29 minute run actually says a LOT!

I'm going to try and go out after work tonight- we sank a couple of bottles of wine around lunch yesterday and I didn't feel like it this morning, albeit I'm not hungover. Will just try a gentle, longer run tonight- need to keep my speed ready to come 3 minutes behind everyone else on Wednesday :disco:

Reactions: SDF
And can we set a time for Wednesday now, please? I really want to get it fixed so I know what I'm doing the rest of the week- are we going morning or evening? (Perhaps take this to the other thread...)

46:34 10k this morning with a slightly different route. Happy with that.

In dire need of new running shoes though.

Annoying run this morning. Was trying to do 10k and wanted to run a “comeback PB”. Went out hard and started dying early but kept going but just switched off about 7.6k and ended up stopping. Annoying as if I’d carried on and gone ridiculously slow for the last 2km, I’d have comfortably broken 65 minutes still, which would have been 2 minutes better. Annoying. But hey, glad I’m “annoyed” at running 7.6k!

But my 10k time needs to come down dramatically, it’s very out of sync with my 5k.

Reactions: SDF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom