Moopy Runners

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
I'm not sure if there is one already, but I thought it would be nice to have a group to spur on one another as far as running and jogging and walking goes. Especially now that Parkrun is cancelled.

I haven't gone running since getting back two weeks ago, but was doing between 10 and 15km most days in Milan last month so want to build up again and maybe get to half marathon distance.

I signed up for a half marathon that takes place at the end of August. At the moment I can only run 3k comfortably.

In Berlin. Signed up a couple of weeks ago to motivate myself.

I've been a proper FAT SLUT for my first full week working/existing at home. From this weekend I need to enforce better habits. And set some runs x daylight.

Last edited:
I had 2 races booked in, a 12k in two weeks, and a half in May. Both have been postponed. lucky really as I haven’t run in about 3 weeks due to how busy everything has gotten.
I expect all my other races in June, July and August won’t happen either.
I use these races as my motivation to get out running so I’m not sure how I’m going to go over the next few months.

I'm actually planning on running tomorrow. I've been meaning to join the gay running group in Glasgow, but I need to run solo first to see where I'm at as I've not ran properly (say 30 minutes) for about 18 months. I've been building up my strength and stamina with swimming, but running is another (mental) discipline. My aim is simply 10 minutes in one go, walk until I feel I can go again, then repeat one more time.

The last long race I did was a half marathon in October 2017. I've been neglecting it big time in the last year or so. I managed four miles the other day, which was the longest in a few months I'd say. I will try five miles tomorrow :weed:

I’m a bit of a lapsed runner. Did a few half marathons about 5 years ago and haven’t done anything for a while. This year was about getting back to that level and I was back to running 10k, albeit deathly slowly, before I had my weird foot growth thing going on.

In my last run, I ran 5k under 30 minutes for the first time in 5 years and I almost cried with joy at the end because I had felt so far away from that- still need to knock 4 minutes off for my PB, but was so happy. Haven’t been able to run in a couple of months now but think I’m going to go today as can’t do the gym, but with my foot still sore, no idea how it will go, albeit I am much fitter than that last run.

So basically, watch this space!

So went this morning and loved it! Did 6k, which is great for my first run back in quite some time and considering last night was wine, pizza and ice cream and it was windy. Really happy with that!

I just did a (VERY) mild jog around the block, was outside for maybe ten minutes total and now feel like I'm going to die :D Is it meant to be like this?

I just did a (VERY) mild jog around the block, was outside for maybe ten minutes total and now feel like I'm going to die :D Is it meant to be like this?

It'll get better. Take it slow and build up...

I think I'm just going to try and do the same thing each morning for the time being, and see how long it takes me to recover afterwards.

Great run Sheena.

I feel a bit shakey today but am gonna go and see what happens.

@COB, have you thought about using Couch to 5K app? It'll build you up at a good pace and you can start doing Parkrun when this is all over. :)

Reactions: COB
Is that one of your first runs? If so, yes. Keep at it and you’ll see yourself running faster and longer. It’ll be tough, but it’s mostly just pushing yourself through mentally.

Yeah, I've tried running in the past but usually get put off by the immediate aftermath and just give up :( I'm going to give it a proper go this time though!
@COB, have you thought about using Couch to 5K app? It'll build you up at a good pace and you can start doing Parkrun when this is all over. :)
I'll have a look at this, thank you!

Couch to 5k is good, I used it for a few weeks getting back into it last year.

Managed 10km in 50 minutes with an uphill second half so quite happy.

Dead tho.

Reactions: Mel
I was doing couch to 5k up until a month ago when I hurt my foot. I went from feeling like I was dying running for 30 secs to doing 20 mins continuous. I'm going to start back up this week.

I’m “lapsed” as well and have got proper FAT but am hoping to use these DOOM DAYS to get fit again, once I feel fully recovered.

Reactions: Mel
So I managed 8 minutes (not even Stupid Love after EBTG's Missing could propel me further). It was more the cold than anything (I now have a tickly cough), so I'm not sure I'll keep it up, but will aim for at least 10 tomorrow and go earlier.

My half marathon in May has been postponed until September. I’d rather get it over and done with. It’s not really the attitude but hey ho.

I go out for a run most mornings, and usually run around 10k which I find quite easy now. I have never took part in any running competitions, and probably should push myself. If I don’t go for a run I find I do get quite tetchy, and would say it is one of my favourite things to do to start the day.

12km today.

My plan at the minute is 6 days a week with a rest on Thursday. Let's see.

Do people do warm ups/cool downs?

Really tired after a shit day, I went and did a quick 5k and in my second run back was on for 27:30 pace until halfway and turned back into really fucking strong wind, but still ended just inside 30 minutes which, for me right now, I’m really fucking happy with. I think there’s so much more there.

I did the first of my couch to 5k app jogs this morning. I was amazed I completed it - about halfway through I was so close to giving up, but I'm glad I didn't! I'll do it again on Wednesday and Friday.

YAY! You’ll be amazed how quick it comes together.

My legs hurt so I didn't go today, but stretched and did a short blast on my indoor bike (very short :D).

I'll do it tomorrow before a lovely day of marking KS3 maths via Google Doc. :)

17km in 1hr 30mins.

Very happy. Feel like I could speed up a bit at times but still.

Have a feeling travel restrictions will make this less fun...

I’m a tennis player but all our clubs have been closed, tournaments and leagues cancelled and now with gyms shut I decided to go back to some running today. Obviously the tennis means I’ve a level of fitness and we do gym based cardio of interval jogging/sprinting mainly but still I was pretty pleased to do 10K in 43:57 today. Determined to get that time down in the next 3 weeks.

God, I wish I was half as fast as you quickies. My 10k best is 57 minutes :D
That time is fine, I’ve trained or been made train more accurately sometimes since about the age of 8 or 9 in sport so have a head start.

Anyone getting out there and doing their thing whatever form or ability has my respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom