Moopy Runners

*pops head in*

So I'm not so much running as doing very long walks, but can anyone recommend a decent blister preventative? Tried to break in some new trainers last night and I had to give up after an hour as they were destroying the back of my heel. Tried covering over with regular plasters, but they just rubbed off almost instantly.

*pops head in*

So I'm not so much running as doing very long walks, but can anyone recommend a decent blister preventative? Tried to break in some new trainers last night and I had to give up after an hour as they were destroying the back of my heel. Tried covering over with regular plasters, but they just rubbed off almost instantly.

The Compeed plasters are great. I used them for my cancerous foot lump and they really cushioned and protected the area. I’ve used them for blisters in the past as well and they were fine. They do all different sizes...

Reactions: VoR
I really hurt my knee last night running, so had to take it easy today loves

I've been using magnesium spray on it throughout the day, and I stuck to an upper body chest workout this afternoon so hopefully i'll be back on the streets soon

I’ve done something to the muscles, tendons or what you call them around my ankle. Not been able to run since last Thursday which is annoying.

I had a knee injury which stopped me running for a few months. Finally got back to it last night - inspired by Moopy! Did 5K in 33 mins. I used to be able to to it in 25 mins! But I wasn’t rushing, just easing back into it. Aching today though.

I haven't been for a run for almost two weeks, my knee was playing up, but I think I might try and get out tomorrow

I've been the same. I got my best time ever and have been rubbish for the 10 days since. Desperate to get back to it.

I gave myself a week off on account of just not being bothered but had my first run since today. It went fine really, I'd definitely like to start seeing some actual improvement on my times rather than just being steady but I do feel like I'm giving myself a good workout so must count for something.

As Wednesday was the traditional Moopy running club day I might try tomorrow also, although I do normally like to give myself a day's break. I've just got myself out of whack this week...

Strava messed up my run this morning and cut a chunk of it out. Annoyed because it felt like a good'un. Are Strava normally good at responding and correcting if mistakes are reported does anyone know?

Strava messed up my run this morning and cut a chunk of it out. Annoyed because it felt like a good'un. Are Strava normally good at responding and correcting if mistakes are reported does anyone know?
I didn't realise they could correct. It's messed up on me a lot and it's annoyed me because it always gives me a better time rather than a worse one so it screws up with my PB medals.

I didn't realise they could correct. It's messed up on me a lot and it's annoyed me because it always gives me a better time rather than a worse one so it screws up with my PB medals.
I've reported it and the first option was "My run has a straight line through it" which is what's happened on mine so assume it's a fairly common problem where the GPS hasn't quite registered your position and given you an as-the-crow-flies route. It just means my time is slightly scuppered because my distance is "shorter" when it wasn't in reality.

Not the end of the world, but should be an easy fix if they just move the line to follow the road I was clearly running down and adjust the distance and pace/km accordingly. I'd have thought anyway.

So my times are getting worse not better. :( Strava is currently showing a nice downward line when comparing the pace of all my previous runs... It's either that I've got a bit jaded by the route I've been doing or I'm struggling with the mugginess. Maybe next week I'll try somewhere different and see if that helps.

The heat definitely isn't helping at all. You're doing better than a lot of us just by virtue of running regularly.

I’ve postponed all running activity whilst I’m doing a two week shred workout I found on youtube.
Technically there’s no reason to no do the running as well as this but no, shan’t.

I went and did a 29:20 5k this week which I was happy with, but I just can’t seem to push on distance wise right now. Still, that day I then swam 1.6 miles in the sea after, so I was fucking overjoyed!

A super fit (literally runs the distance of a marathon at least once a week. And note AT LEAST) old friend is coming down in a minute and has suggested we go for a run and swim. I’m terribly anxious about it all- let’s face it, he could do double my distance in the same time easily.

So my times are getting worse not better. :( Strava is currently showing a nice downward line when comparing the pace of all my previous runs... It's either that I've got a bit jaded by the route I've been doing or I'm struggling with the mugginess. Maybe next week I'll try somewhere different and see if that helps.

I’m glad I’m not the only one finding this. I know I’m a bit out of practice but it is taking me MUCH longer to get back into the swing of things than I would have liked. My times aren’t going down and it isn’t getting any easier at all.

@Pingu how do you post your runs in the Moopy group? Are you just screenshotting it or is there a function I can't find?

When you go into a run that you’ve published, there should be a “share activity” option. Then “save image” which saves down the map with the stats neatly laid over it.

I just upload that image with the post to the group.

When you go into a run that you’ve published, there should be a “share activity” option. Then “save image” which saves down the map with the stats neatly laid over it.

Ah cool. I think I'd seen that but just assumed it would save the map down as an image and that'd be it.

I finally got off my arse and ran yesterday, I did about 5k in 28 minutes but didn't strava it. I was also on the phone to one of my friends for half of it, so all in all thought it wasn't that bad.

So my run with Mr Fit went fine. Into a ridiculous headwind most of the way, I did about 30 minutes, so was totally ok with that- especially as I was talking too, which I always find doesn’t help me.

I just did a 4k this afternoon instead of 5k. Psychologically I just needed to do it and be able to do it at full capacity rather than feeling absolutely dead or being tempted to slow into a walk.

So my run with Mr Fit went fine. Into a ridiculous headwind most of the way, I did about 30 minutes, so was totally ok with that- especially as I was talking too, which I always find doesn’t help me.
I can't run and talk at all. People need to fuck off when I'm running. x

I intend to do a 10 tomorrow morning. Watch this space!

Bizarrely I don't have the option to save to my gallery on an android! I can send it to someone on grindr but not save it to my own drive :bad:

So I just screenshotted it.

Too good not to show off. 10.8k (somehow) which included my PB for a 10 and PB for a 5 (since starting to record on Strava anyway).

Hi
@Sheena
@Tisch
@SDF
@Rita
@Lee
@Pingu
@Whatevar
@VoR
@lolly
@Gangsta Nancy Lam
@whoever I've missed
@Indie

How is the running/other exercise been going in a post lockdown world? I've found a running group that is taking new members so hope to join that soon, but I've been awful since the end of June after being so consistent for months. Would love incentive to get back into it if people fancy revitalising this.

I've been going to the gym semi regularly ish for the last month but it isn't the same.

Last edited:
I’ve not been running for a while- swimming took over for the main part of my cardio, but I’m thinking I need to start again. Loving the gym currently, though, really enjoying lifting.

I’ve not been running for a while- swimming took over for the main part of my cardio, but I’m thinking I need to start again. Loving the gym currently, though, really enjoying lifting.
I've been trying weights but the gym slots have gotten a bit busier and I just get so self conscious when other people around me as I know I'm not doing it right.

And kettlebells and dumbbells still cost about 90 quid minimum online.

I've kept up with the running. My times are really not improving but I'm still enjoying it. I did plan to go the gym instead and cut the running down to once or twice or week but haven't been arsed.

Do parkruns not have an idea of when they'll start again?

I've kept up with the running. My times are really not improving but I'm still enjoying it. I did plan to go the gym instead and cut the running down to once or twice or week but haven't been arsed.

Do parkruns not have an idea of when they'll start again?
I can't see it happening for a while yet. Although some races seem to be happening so maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see how they can spread people out.

There is a non parkrun where you just submit your time to them and they upload it which I'd like to get into.

I can't see it happening for a while yet. Although some races seem to be happening so maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see how they can spread people out.

There is a non parkrun where you just submit your time to them and they upload it which I'd like to get into.
I would have thought with it being outside, they can easily spread the start times out so only groups of 10ish run "together". But the more i think about it the more it reads like a logistical nightmare.

I don't miss them too badly, but I always liked waking up on a saturday and going.

Falkland Island and Northern Australia park runs due to be the first to reopen if that helps.

Last edited:
I would have thought with it being outside, they can easily spread the start times out so only groups of 10ish run "together". But the more i think about it the more it reads like a logistical nightmare.

I don't miss them too badly, but I always liked waking up on a saturday and going.
I think so considering so many struggle to get enough volunteers every week.

I do miss them quite a lot, especially now that I'm back home and would have regular access again.

My local one is fairly small, around 100/120 people but when I meet my friends and do their local one it's more like 400/500 sort of numbers which is a crazy number to keep distanced and track off.

How is the running/other exercise been going in a post lockdown world? I've found a running group that is taking new members so hope to join that soon, but I've been awful since the end of June after being so consistent for months. Would love incentive to get back into it if people fancy revitalising this.

I've been going to the gym semi regularly ish for the last month but it isn't the same.

It’s been going TERRIBLY. I was really hitting my stride as we eased out of lockdown and feeling like I was undoing a lot of the damage of the previous couple of months.

Then since the day I started back at my job (also end of June) I haven’t been for a single run. My diet has been dreadful too and I’m the heaviest I have ever been which is really getting me down.

I really just need to give myself a massive boot up the arse and just GET ON WITH IT.

It’s been going TERRIBLY. I was really hitting my stride as we eased out of lockdown and feeling like I was undoing a lot of the damage of the previous couple of months.

Then since the day I started back at my job (also end of June) I haven’t been for a single run. My diet has been dreadful too and I’m the heaviest I have ever been which is really getting me down.

I really just need to give myself a massive boot up the arse and just GET ON WITH IT.
You do.

For the record I have asked pingu on numerous times to come for runs yet he's rolled his eyes each time and declared himself busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom