Moopyfestivalen 2022: THE FINAL - RESULTS

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any
After PROFOUND DELAY, I present: THE FINAL! Send me your votes by 6pm on FRIDAY 13 MAY

Malou Prytz - Bananas

THEOZ - Som du vill

Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer

Niello & Lisa Ajax - Tror du att jag bryr mig?

LIAMOO - Bluffin'

Tone Sekelius - My Way

Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough

Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come

Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra

Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power

Medina - In i dimman
https://youtu.be/RGEbONJ7mkc

Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills

Malou Prytz - Bananas
THEOZ - Som du vill
LIAMOO - Bluffin'
Tone Sekelius - My Way
Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra!
Medina - In i dimman

Animated GIF

I will vote shortly. But not for Banas.

Last day of votes - this closes at 6pm tomorrow

@Hak @tr4962 @cwej @FetchFugly @Alex @NonEvent @PopLife @Alla @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA @Lucille @Dark Carnival @Sheena @Alias #23 @Raining On Me @Gangsta Nancy Lam

Malou Prytz - Bananas
THEOZ - Som du vill
LIAMOO - Bluffin'
Tone Sekelius - My Way
Medina - In i dimman

Last few hours of votes - this closes at 6pm!

@Hak @tr4962 @cwej @FetchFugly @Alex @NonEvent @PopLife @Alla @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA @Lucille @Dark Carnival @Sheena @Alias #23 @Raining On Me @Gangsta Nancy Lam

Malou Prytz - Bananas
THEOZ - Som du vill
LIAMOO - Bluffin'
Tone Sekelius - My Way
Medina - In i dimman

12th: Lisa Ajax & Niello - Tror du att jag bryr mig (29pts)

Niello_och_Lisa_Ajax_Tror_du_att_jag_bryr_mig_2022.jpg

Curiously inexpressive pop vessel Lisa Ajax decided to make her fourth tip at the crown this year following noted modern classics My Heart Wants Me Dead, I Don't Give A, and Torn, this time bringing along some bro in his mid-thirties who was throwing it up her for the bargain. Sadly, all the hand claps, staging and actually quite good lyrics in the world couldn't save her from finally meeting her SISTA PLATS SHAME in the second heat once the new voting system was rolled out (and duly blamed in the post-heat interviews), but with the track going on to be the biggest hit of her career in the charts afterwards, you suspect she probably doesn't really mind too much either way. And that we'll probably end up seeing her again before too soon!

1 x 10: @win_the_game
2 x 6: @Haiku, @Tetris-Rock
1 x 4: @dUb
3 x 1: @Suomi, @Soldi, @Hak

Last edited:
11th: Malou Prytz - Bananas (48pts)

4be3d8c8-9c57-4057-8c2d-76bc499ec018

Sibel......Ellen Benediktsson.......Oscar Enestad......Charlotte Perrelli.........Shirley Clamp........Jessica Andersson..........Malou Prytz.

All of the greats have them. That one Melodifestivalen comeback so ill-advised it blinds your nearest child and perhaps ends an entire career too in one fell swoop. The one that the likes of Mariette live eternally in fear of scuffing up their perfect records. This year, it was Malou's turn.

Finally succumbing to the curse of close association with Ace Wilder (as yet herself bewilderingly unstruck by the curse, though some may argue she got out in such good time it never had the chance), Malou came into 2022 with a record stood at a crossroads. Having scored an unmitigated success out the gate in 2019 with I Do Me going direkt over all assumptions aged a mere 15, her 2020 followup Ballerina didn't quite set tongues-a-wagging quite as much as she'd have hoped, slinking to an andra chansen slump-out that year (although to her credit, getting more votes than Paul Rey in their head-to-head duel, being knocked out by the demographic scoring system it was run on). The third time back on such a record tends to be firmly in 'shit or get off the pot' territory, and a statement of intent tends to be just what the doctor ordered in such a situation.

Malou put on her finest baby blue sparkly eyeshadow, ordered that Kermit-green ensemble she'd had her eye on for ages, crouched next to a chair with a Sharpie for twenty minutes, threw out her dictionary...and decided to send a statement of intent.

1 x 12: @Tisch
2 x 10: @ZenGiraffe, @Ill Advised
1 x 8: @Alias #23
1 x 4: @Penelope
1 x 2: @Iguana
2 x 1: @win_the_game, @Eyes

10th: LIAMOO - Bluffin' (51pts)

liamoo-bluffin-15_6207fe1b4a148.jpg

In which a former Moopy anti-favourite set about winning the gays over by opting to send some clubbed up nonsense and some dodgy George Michael dancing fighting off the sleep paralysis demons ("they're in my head that's where I keep em!")

Honestly though, the great tragedy of Melodifestivalen is that fab trash like this ends up wasted in fourth or wherever each year, unheard by the rest of Europe come May. Who wouldn't have much rather had this over bloody Boys Do Cry or whatever that awful pish Azerbaijan decided to send in the end was? Why should San Remo get to have San Maremo (sp?) for all their spare entries and Sweden not get a Denmelodifestivark??? It's DISGUSTING! Outrageous! UNFORGIVEABLE!

1 x 10: @David 5000
3 x 8: @win_the_game, @dUb, @Haiku
1 x 6: @Music
1 x 4: @ButterTart
2 x 2: @Penelope, @Soldi
3 x 1: @Apoca, @auretz, @Tetris-Rock

10th: LIAMOO - Bluffin' (51pts)

liamoo-bluffin-15_6207fe1b4a148.jpg

In which a former Moopy anti-favourite set about winning the gays over by opting to send some clubbed up nonsense and some dodgy George Michael dancing fighting off the sleep paralysis demons ("they're in my head that's where I keep em!")

Honestly though, the great tragedy of Melodifestivalen is that fab trash like this ends up wasted in fourth or wherever each year, unheard by the rest of Europe come May. Who wouldn't have much rather had this over bloody Boys Do Cry or whatever that awful pish Azerbaijan decided to send in the end was? Why should San Remo get to have San Maremo (sp?) for all their spare entries and Sweden not get a Denmelodifestivark??? It's DISGUSTING! Outrageous! UNFORGIVEABLE!

1 x 10: @David 5000
3 x 8: @win_the_game, @dUb, @Haiku
1 x 6: @Music
1 x 4: @ButterTart
2 x 2: @Penelope, @Soldi
3 x 1: @Apoca, @auretz, @Tetris-Rock

It does surprise me that other countries don't pick at the scraps from Melodifestivalen. I mean, we did in 2019 but somehow ended up a cast-off from the emperor of turgidity John Lundvik.

9th: THEOZ - Som du vill (57pts)

c483e07f-cbd9-477f-a7fe-68cedeaa8136.jpg

Now here's someone we definitely haven't seen the last of. This modern love letter to imperial-era Cheiron, complete with Carter-style curtains, coasted through its opening heat and andra chansen with nary a breath, closing its account with a respectable seventh place debut finish in the final - especially so considering its pronounced albatross of a second-place slot in both the heat and the final, typically the mark of a label keen for free promo, but which would rather not have to adjust any plans or funding around any continental trips come May-time tacksåmycket.

Given how well it all went this year - with a big fat streaming hit under his belt too from it all - you suspect we're probably going to see this perky little whelk back too with something more overtly ambitious / gimlet-eyed sooner rather than later. And who could complain!

2 x 10: @Jacques, @dUb
1 x 8: @Tisch
2 x 6: @Iguana, @Christian
2 x 4: @David 5000, @auretz
3 x 2: @FetchFugly, @Hak, @Music
3 x 1: @ButterTart, @Ill Advised, @Pingu

8th: Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power (62pts)

Anna_Bergendahl__Higher_Power_-scaled.jpg

Equus is a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young woman who has a pathological religious fascination with horses.

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small stadium in Norway. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime. The play's action is something of a detective story, involving the attempts of the child psychiatrist Dr. Martin Dysart to understand the cause of the girl's actions while wrestling with his own sense of purpose.

Numerous other issues inform the narrative. Most important are religious and ritual sacrifice themes, and the manner in which character Anna Strang constructs a personal theology involving the horses and the supreme godhead, "Equus". Anna sees the horses as representative of God and confuses her adoration of her "God" with sexual attraction. Also important is Shaffer's examination of the conflict between personal values and satisfaction and societal mores, expectations, and institutions. By employing classical structure, themes, and characterisation, Shaffer dramatizes the conflict between Bergendahlian and Phillipssonian values and systems in human life.

1 x 12: @Kratz
1 x 8: @Eyes
4 x 6: @David 5000, @Pingu, @tr4962, @Alias #23
2 x 4: @Tetris-Rock, @Haiku
3 x 2: @Christian, @Apoca, @VoR
4 x 1: @Penelope, @ZenGiraffe, @dUb, @Iguana

Last edited:
7th: Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra! (65pts)

Linda-Bengtzing-Melodifestivalen-2022-1.jpg

Oh Linda you silly, silly, silly, silly girl :(

Heart rates were a-pumpin' come February time for gays of a certain oeuvre that kept a close watch on all things Melfest. For this was the year - the first in over a decade (!) - that all the stars looked set to align for NOS LIND, everyone’s favourite abrasive manic aunt who simply won't stop mentioning schlager at the dinner table. Various experimental outings (running the gamut from necessary to...less necessary) had each ended in non-qualifying failure since her last direkt bow in 2011, but this year was to be the year it all went right, with G:son back on songwriting duties along with up and coming hitmaker Myra Granberg, a plum heat three song six slot for the gods, and hopefully a key change under her belt and all too.

Excitement revved up to full pelt once the clips came out ahead of heat three - especially with reviews for the heat as a whole tending towards the more tepid. A road to the final, or at least andra chansen, looked to be open for the first time in years. Alas, when it came to the night itself, excitement revved up just a shade too far for nos Lind herself too. Unable to contain herself from running into the crowds and high-fiving every single person she could, a second verse that would've worked wonders with the manic life-affirming professionalism Linda had come to hone over the years simply came off as, well, manic. A fifth place heat result went down as Linda's best since 2014, but fans were left to mourn what potentially could have been if only she'd kept it in her trousers when it mattered on the main stage.

1 x 10: @Kratz
1 x 8: @tr4962
5 x 6: @Penelope, @Suomi, @Ill Advised, @Apoca, @FetchFugly
1 x 4: @VoR
5 x 2: @dUb, @Jacques, @ZenGiraffe, @ButterTart, @Eyes
3 x 1: @David 5000, @Tisch, @Haiku

It is devastating, but also somehow entirely appropriate, that poor old Linda just could not get out of her own way right to the bitter end.

8th: Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power (62pts)

Anna_Bergendahl__Higher_Power_-scaled.jpg

Equus is a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young woman who has a pathological religious fascination with horses.

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small stadium in Norway. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime. The play's action is something of a detective story, involving the attempts of the child psychiatrist Dr. Martin Dysart to understand the cause of the girl's actions while wrestling with his own sense of purpose.

Numerous other issues inform the narrative. Most important are religious and ritual sacrifice themes, and the manner in which character Anna Strang constructs a personal theology involving the horses and the supreme godhead, "Equus". Anna sees the horses as representative of God and confuses her adoration of her "God" with sexual attraction. Also important is Shaffer's examination of the conflict between personal values and satisfaction and societal mores, expectations, and institutions. By employing classical structure, themes, and characterisation, Shaffer dramatizes the conflict between Bergendahlian and Phillipssonian values and systems in human life.

1 x 12: @Kratz
1 x 8: @Eyes
4 x 6: @David 5000, @Pingu, @tr4962, @Alias #23
2 x 4: @Tetris-Rock, @Haiku
3 x 2: @Christian, @Apoca, @VoR
4 x 1: @Penelope, @ZenGiraffe, @dUb, @Iguana

Oh you LITTLE TROLLS!

7th: Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra! (65pts)

Linda-Bengtzing-Melodifestivalen-2022-1.jpg

Oh Linda you silly, silly, silly, silly girl :(

Heart rates were a-pumpin' come February time for gays of a certain oeuvre that kept a close watch on all things Melfest. For this was the year - the first in over a decade (!) - that all the stars looked set to align for NOS LIND, everyone’s favourite abrasive manic aunt who simply won't stop mentioning schlager at the dinner table. Various experimental outings (running the gamut from necessary to...less necessary) had each ended in non-qualifying failure since her last direkt bow in 2011, but this year was to be the year it all went right, with G:son back on songwriting duties along with up and coming hitmaker Myra Granberg, a plum heat three song six slot for the gods, and hopefully a key change under her belt and all too.

Excitement revved up to full pelt once the clips came out ahead of heat three - especially with reviews for the heat as a whole tending towards the more tepid. A road to the final, or at least andra chansen, looked to be open for the first time in years. Alas, when it came to the night itself, excitement revved up just a shade too far for nos Lind herself too. Unable to contain herself from running into the crowds and high-fiving every single person she could, a second verse that would've worked wonders with the manic life-affirming professionalism Linda had come to hone over the years simply came off as, well, manic. A fifth place heat result went down as Linda's best since 2014, but fans were left to mourn what potentially could have been if only she'd kept it in her trousers when it mattered on the main stage.

1 x 10: @Kratz
1 x 8: @tr4962
5 x 6: @Penelope, @Suomi, @Ill Advised, @Apoca, @FetchFugly
1 x 4: @VoR
5 x 2: @dUb, @Jacques, @ZenGiraffe, @ButterTart, @Eyes
3 x 1: @David 5000, @Tisch, @Haiku

Well I’m DONE :D

• Haha
Reactions: Hak
Poor Anna. The definition of an entry too far. At least she was spared the indignity of crashing out in 5th/AC
Yeah, she definitely jumped the gun here. Song was borderline AC/Finals and the staging concept ill advised.

I believe she's feeling a bit anxious about finishing up her studies and having too become a full-time work horse. I'm glad she entered though, every Anna iteration has brought something different and this is a fine entry into her back catalogue. With her ambition I don't mind her becoming an JessAn-like staple for years to come.

6th: Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come (68pts)

lisa-miskovsky-sf3-rehearsal.jpeg

Having form for being present but not the enemy during times of schlager grief (wafting through to the final in 2012 in the fated heat 4 that saw Danny and slay Charlotte Perrelli with The Girl), our Lisa turned up again with a sensuous, warm coffee cuddle of an entry, although this time ran into her own fiaskot - looking on track to qualify direkt again in the final stretch, having received 10s and 12s across the board from all age groups, before at the last gasp receiving a bitch slap of a 1 from 16s-29s across Sweden that Saturday night, consigning her to andra chansen beneath everyone's favourite nurse from Jönköping, Faith Kakembo (not featured in tonight's final lineup).

Our Lise ended up being summarily ditched once the second chance round was underway, but here she gets more of a due, scrambling into the top half over a few Moopy favourites. This is probably the last we'll see of her on the Melfest side, but others have certainly mustered much worse two-entry outings over the years.

1 x 12: @tr4962
1 x 10: @Haiku
3 x 8: @Pingu, @auretz, @Suomi
2 x 6: @win_the_game, @ButterTart
2 x 4: @Kratz, @Christian
2 x 1: @Jacques, @VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom