Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 4 - France, Bosnia & Ireland (CLOSES Sun 31 Oct, 2pm GMT)

Jacques

doing it for my lover
I don't know what the rest of you girls were on but I distinctly remember Ireland getting back-to-back wins for a second decade on the trot

Diddy

Rice Queen
God some of this is DREK!!!

Hoping for Deen to lead the way, my tits were torn off yet again by that one. Deen gyrated so Mihai could run, indeed.

Resigned to Pat winning France. Self-proclaimed discerning gays are but moths to her flame. "I just adoooore Chanson" :rolleyes:

Diddy

Rice Queen
Well I have finished, and frankly I am FUMMING that Poison Pen subjected us to that lot. I demand at least one decent country next time PLEASE!

A little tickled at the idea of Moopers trying to decide which Irish turd to pin the rosette on :D even my 12 points song isn't that good

VoR

Take it or leave it
By contrast I found the first two rounds really hard to rank because it's all so GOOD :D

Well, 1.5 rounds anyway. France really falls off a cliff after my top four. But Bosnia absolutely slapped in the 2000s! I genuinely pained me to give out a zero!

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Wading through these now. France is all very accomplished and all that, but most of these exactly the fucking same ballads aren't exactly lighting my ass up. All that effort and nothing touches on Pastora, A Million Voices etc. But yet, not unpleasant and I have a VERY strong fondness for one which I expect to see near the bottom end of the results.

Also, they were completely robbed in one instance when they attempted to switch things up, and no I don't mean Sébastien.

And :D at Ortal. 2005 really was a bloodbath of basic bangers and all the better for it

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
I'm quite prepared to progress all three qualifiers from Bosnia to be honest

Up and down, here we go :disco:

Reactions: VoR

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
If France was wading into the river, then Bosnia is that moment before drowning where everything seems magical, elated and entirely (and cheaply) euphoric.

And then Ireland shatters the illusion, forcing you to look down on your bloated, fish-eaten corpse for all eternity while these wretched songs play on repeat.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
The way Bosnia instantly switches from fun tatty pop to serious ethno balladry is something else.

And then what the hell is 2008 :D I remember this one now, what a silly delight

How am I supposed to rank these, they're all douzes!

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
I'm halfway through Ireland

p05q2by5.jpg

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Even the Irish song titles are nauseating and why do they always send dreary men except the one time they sent Chastity from Emmerdale in 2007

God what a horrible nation!

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Dustin the Turkey might have been fun if it didn't clearly come from a place of BITTER ENTITLEMENT.

You deserve this run of torment for dominating a decade with songs that punched well above their weight scoreboard wise, the results of which meant you felt like any old trampy bloke groaning to a fun-free DIRGE should have done well against countries putting in genuine effort. I hope Terry Wogan is spinning FOREVER AND EVER on a spit rotated by a hot piece from the SOUK

Apocalypt Flyer

I LOVE THAT
Both France and Bosnia are a JOY. Only two songs each that I would actively SKIP if they popped up randomly on Spotify.

We don't speak of the other country in this round. If you do, that's your choice but I won't.

David 5000

I'll dance alone
Have realised that my weekend will feel empty without 30 more songs to wade through and rank.

(and before Suomi or ButterTart pops up yes I'll vote in ASFM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom