Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 13: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovakia & Turkey

VoR

Take it or leave it
Apologies for yet more delay, but I'm currently living my own personal Eurovision black mirror involving Greeks, Maltese and Armenians yelling at me on a daily basis, so have a quick odds and sods round while I pull myself together.

Please submit your votes in the indicated scoring formats by no later than 12.00 noon on Sunday 5th April.

Bosnia & Herzegovina

bosnia-flag.jpg

They survived war, ethnic cleansing and stone-hearted 90s Eurovision jurors, but alas, Bosnia could not survive that cruellest of 21st century mistresses, the unpaid invoice. They got three 2010s entries in before the EBU turned the lights off, then managed to pull together one more doomed effort in 2016. It may be some time before we see them back again...

2010: Vukašin Brajić - Thunder & Lightning
2011: Dino Merlin - Love In Rewind
2012: Maya Sar - Koake ti znam
2016: Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner & Jala - Ljubav je

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2010)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6fyrw3iiPpfI7gfjStwsgB?si=VPQMjW7gTrC_qw6q_TsA0Q

Last edited:
Montenegro

Flag_of_Montenegro.svg

The youngest country in the Eurovision family, Montenegro entered the fray after consciously uncoupling from Serbia in 2006. It took them a while to get going, but they found their groove with some classic BBB's in the mid 10s. Like most small countries, their failures are for the most part easily as interesting as their successes.

2012: Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro
2013: Who See - Igranka
2014: Sergej Ćetković - Moj svijet
2015: Knez - Adio
2016: Highway - The Real Thing
2017: Slavko Kalezić - Space
2018: Vanja Radovanović - Inje
2019: D mol - Heaven

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2012, 2013, 2016)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2OOIzPUmHXZV778m6JBjBM?si=HoZ0k2PtRs6AQZyj4tOaZA

Last edited:
Slovakia
512px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png

Possibly Europe's statistically crappest country - it's got to be between them and Andorra. Joined in the 90s, stropped off from 1999 to 2008, finally came back in 2009, flopped four times then left (so far) for good.

2010: Kristina Peláková - Horehronie
2011: TWiiNS - Still Alive
2012: Max Jason Mai - Don't Close Your Eyes

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2012)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2DeYdZWfGQNJp974VpHdIP?si=64EekPKeQ3OacavRaajS3g

Last edited:
Turkey
illustration-of-turkey-flag-vector.jpg

A true powerhouse of the 2010s, they scored their sole win to date in 2003 and became a top 5 perennial from then on. Diaspora certainly helped, and the juries tamped down on them a fair bit in their final years. Between that and all the homosexuals, it all got a bit too much for them and they sloped off into the wilderness after 2012.

2010: maNga - We Could Be The Same
2011: Yüksek Sadakat - Live It Up
2012: Can Bonomo - Love Me Back

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2011)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5XzhLHeqrGo0nP3ZMIUvxD?si=59xkIJhyTHGokpRIprn91A

Last edited:
Remember everyone - Montenegro are always at the top of their game when their songs or performances involve things that are up in the sky

Possibly my favourite ever BBB in this heat.

Does Adio count as one?

Looking at that Montenegrin lot I can't wrap my head around the fact that Phil Tufnell and David Gest were the only qualifiers. They're certainly no better than any of the others...

Quite the paucity of fanny in this round, Kala said to be 'pure raging, hen'.

There's a pleasing amount of COCK ROCK though, and inevitably my scores are steeped in so much toxic masculinity that if you look at them for too long you'll turn into a Yates's Wine Lodge.

Done. Montenegro was better than I remembered.

if you think I am fucking voting for Turkey you have another thing coming!

I thought maNga was a thoroughly deserved 2nd place so I had to vote to show my support for them, but having to decide between the other two..I'd rather be shat on by a herd of fifty horses than have to endure either again :vomit:

This is why I'm completely unbothered by their strop

I thought maNga was a thoroughly deserved 2nd place so I had to vote to show my support for them, but having to decide between the other two..I'd rather be shat on by a herd of fifty horses than have to endure either again :vomit:

This is why I'm completely unbothered by their strop
I really didn’t like him from 2012. I don’t like it when people are smug with absolutely no justification.

Alas I'm not voting. I have to vote in a poll of my favourite dry wall adhesives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom