Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 15: Austria, Hungary & Poland

VoR

Take it or leave it
We made it guys! The final batch of heats! Featuring one of the decade's most unlikely success stories, one that peaked early before rapidly descending into a real music mire and a third that had big tits and surprise hits.

Please submit your votes in the indicated scoring formats by no later than 12.00 noon on Sunday 17th May.

Austria

austria-flag.jpg

Long considered down there with Portugal in terms of laughably shit Eurovision stalwarts, Austria enjoyed a remarkable turnaround in the mid-decade, not only scoring one of the iconic wins of the modern Contest, but managing to keep up the momentum with a huge fan favourite and a subsequent jury winner. Which will go through to Moopy's final? I have a feeling it could be close...

2011: Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
2012: Trackshittaz - Woki Mit Deim Popo
2013: Natália Kelly - Shine
2014: Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix
2015: Makemakes - I Am Yours
2016: Zoë - Loin d'ici
2017: Nathan Trent - Running On Air
2018: Cesár Sampson - Nobody But You
2019: Pænda - Limits

NUL POINTS

Spotify Playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1CvnfOTjHktpO8IWdluJnp?si=zesDzTncSXa8pDtXvsVv1w

Hungary
Hungary-National-Flag.jpg

Another country that came back strong in 2011 after a couple of years out. Beginning with the instantly iconic Kati Wolf, Hungary soon became a reliable qualifier, until it all came crashing to a halt in 2019. That might have been the last we saw of them too - they stropped out of 2020 pre-Coronavirus, complaining that the Contest had become 'a homosexual flotilla'. What a fabulous concept darlings! :disco:

2011: Wolf Kati - What About My Dreams?
2012: Compact Disco - Sound of Our Hearts
2013: ByeAlex - Kedvesem]
2014: András Kállay-Saunders - Running
2015: Boggie - Wars for Nothing
2016: Freddie - Pioneer
2017: Joci Pápai - Origo
2018: AWS - Viszlát nyár
2019: Joci Pápai - Az én apám

Spotify Playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0BNBiPBcFgVZXFf3j84Tfy?si=XzAHMWl8SuCfg9pX9L5KFw

Last edited:
Poland

51ju9goJ1YL._AC_SX466_.jpg

4677138dcf8c0264eb9f73bcc1f64f9a.jpg

2010: Marcin Mroziński - Legenda
2011: Magdalena Tul - Jestem
2014: Cleo & Donatan - My Slowanie
2015: Monika Kuszyńska - In The Name of Love
2016: Michal Szpak - Color of Your Life
2017 Kasia Moś - Flashlight
2018: Gromee feat. Lukas Meijer - Light Me Up
2019: Tulia - Fire of Love

NUL POINTS

Spotify Playlist (2010 missing):
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7GF4tjeCiKp4KQkvmaXxAu?si=dtQKMPoxSxaFqP37komH-w

Last edited:
Poland really is tragic. I reckon they should be allowed to progress to the next round with this, which is better than anything else they have to offer

Reactions: D5K
Poland really is tragic. I reckon they should be allowed to progress to the next round with this, which is better than anything else they have to offer

I was really excited for Light Me Up because in studio form, it’s ace.

I don’t think I’ve seen a more catastrophic live performance, though. Every single aspect of it was wrong.

Oh Light Me Up was the best thing they'd sent in YEARS (seriously, out of the 15 or so Polish entries I know, I can't think of a better one). Luckily for Gromee, I'm not really letting performances influence my votes in this.

Colour of your life is not the most exciting song ever, but I don't get this non stop hate, surely we had much worse?

I'm going to vote in this round. Although it's hard to get excited about any of the countries as a whole, there are enough I give a shit about to actively WANT them to do well. And a few I want to see fail hard as well.

Colour of your life is not the most exciting song ever, but I don't get this non stop hate, surely we had much worse?

My only issue with it - not that I like it very much - is that it’s not Polish enough. What I always want from Poland is a weird and very specifically Polish racket :disco:

Oh Light Me Up was the best thing they'd sent in YEARS (seriously, out of the 15 or so Polish entries I know, I can't think of a better one). Luckily for Gromee, I'm not really letting performances influence my votes in this.
Yeah me neither, but as with Australia from last night, the terrible performance is the first thing that pops into my head when I hear them.

Very obvious 12 for me in the Austrian lot and it’s certainly not Conchita (although that’s not far off). How did the lovely and very fragrant ‘Loin d’ici’ only come thirteenth? The answer POXY JURIES is springing to mind...

And indeed it was a disgraceful 24th (!!!) in the jury vote. What’s WRONG with people? :argh:

Haven't done this yet but I don't see any sign of VoR closing it...

Oh shit, I forgot, not sure I'll have time until later this afternoon at a push

Obviously I forgot about this but I shall definitely be voting for Poland and Austria.

For Hungary, just reverse the votes from @ButterTart please.

Still only 12 votes in so far... I appreciate it's been a content-packed week but I'm quite keen to move forwards with this (yes, I appreciate the irony) so please do consider voting if you haven't already.

I couldn’t believe how SHIT Poland was, although it did remind me of the WONDERFUL Tulia :disco::disco:

Poor loves DENIED a place in the final because some silly juror fucked up!

I swapped my 12 and 10 for one country and was told I may regret it :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom