Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 3: Czech Republic, Malta & Serbia

VoR

Take it or leave it
We'll have a week featuring some countries with fewer entries and a shorter voting window to make up for the delay. Results still due Sunday 19th January. Please PM all votes to me using the templates provided.

Czech Republic

czech-country-flag.jpg

A late addition to the Eurovision family, Czech Republic had a less than glorious run in the mid 2000s, with three non-qualifiers in a row from 2007-2009. They walked away in 2010 and returned in 2015 with a new team and far greater success, scoring their first qualifier in 2016 and their first top ten in 2018.

2015: Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies
2016: Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand
2017: Martina Barta - My Turn
2018: Mikolas Josef - Lie To Me
2019: Lake Malawi - Friend of a Friend

NULL POINTS

Spotify Playlist (2015 missing)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/46jRuXDEZ1WQ2PHYt8ZHwX?si=RhnmJSSARGqKWqYsyvfFrA

Last edited:
Malta

malta-flag.gif

Bless Malta, they keep trying, don't they? After two second places in the 00s, the 10s were more challenging for them, with only a single top ten placing this decade. There's some likable - if basic - pop in the mix here though.

2010: Thea Garrett - My Dream
2011: Glen Vella - One Life
2012: Kurt Calleja - This Is The Night
2013: Gianluca Bezzina - Tomorrow
2014: Firelight - Coming Home
2015: Amber - Warrior
2016: Ira Losco - Walk On Water
2017: Claudia Faniello - Breathlessly
2018: Christabelle - Taboo
2019: Michela - Chameleon

NULL POINTS

Spotify Playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1etUY3YX1LWhl4zVgvxiuH?si=XGztwQxbTBC4fF5PACJezg

Last edited:
Serbia

State_Flag_of_Serbia_%281882-1918%29.svg

Having consciously uncoupled with Montenegro in 2006 and won their first Contest as a fully solo nation in 2008, Serbia entered the 2010s strong. They came close again in 2012, although since then they've drifted a bit. They sat out 2014 due to financial difficulties but returned to the top ten the following year.

2010: Milan Stanković - Ovo je balkan
2011: Nina - Čaroban
2012: Željko Joksimović - Nije ljubav stvar
2013: Moje 3 - Ljubav je svuda
2015: Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies
2016: Sanja Vučić ZAA - Goodbye (Shelter)
2017: Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep
2018: Sanja Ilić & Balkanika - Nova Deca
2019: Nevena Božović - Kruna

NULL POINTS

Spotify Playlist (2010-2016 all missing)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2aSRWjiTi23ZW4Zf0E6pZi?si=ALWcp1L1RXKC06QJS3Ibew

Last edited:
Voted. One of the Serbian MONSTROSITIES has inspired me to yield to public demand and publish my bottom 10 for the decade. I forgot how much seething disgust I had for some of these songs.

Reactions: VoR
Serbia’s mostly pretty fun IMO. Only a couple of boring moments. They’ve been quirkier than I think they get credit for.

Malta are hit and miss but the pop moments balance out the beige ballads.

Serbia’s mostly pretty fun IMO. Only a couple of boring moments. They’ve been quirkier than I think they get credit for.

Malta are hit and miss but the pop moments balance out the beige ballads.
I found Malta the most interesting of the three. I realised with Serbia that they’ve never really hit a home run for me, so my higher points were quite difficult to assign.

Voted. One of the Serbian MONSTROSITIES has inspired me to yield to public demand and publish my bottom 10 for the decade. I forgot how much seething disgust I had for some of these songs.

Publication in a glossy booklet with embossed cover please :disco:

I bet I know EXACTLY which song you’re referring to and you’re WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Thanks, but I've no intention touching this shit. Wake me for round four.

Netherlands?!! They haven't had a banger in decades.

It’s all quality now. I’m happy with the way we turned things around but I wouldn’t mind something a bit more Eurovision.

Netherlands?!! They haven't had a banger in decades.

I refer you to " Ik ben verliefd"

Just voted, on balance I think Serbia have the strongest set of songs overall but my very favourite song out of these is from Czech Republic

That and I've actually forgotten almost everything there, so I'm rediscovering everything all over again.

Serbia was an absolute revelation. Malta was as twee and breezy as I remember. Taboo aside.

The interesting thing about Serbia at Eurovision is that they have never finished lower than 11th in a semi final. Not even Sweden can match that.

Voted. Serbia easily the best and Malta the worst. Czech Republic have three songs I really like as well. Overall my favourite song is from Malta though.

Serbia had a HELL of a decade without me even realising. I love everything from my 2 pointer up. On the other hand, my null pointer for them is easily one of my least favourite finalists of the last ten years.

Serbia easily the best of the three on offer here. I know Christabelle did her best with her catchy Taboo number and Chameleon is very popular at my parties but Malta don’t half dish up some stinking toss and I’m still waiting for the glorious comeback of MORENA :oi:

Also, would it kill them to send something in MALTESE for once? Everyone hates their horrible songs anyway so it’s not like they’d lose points :disco:

:D I KNEW IT! Luckily brave Milan is trying his best to smile through the pain :(

stankovic-milan-image.jpg

Another one for the scrapbook :horny:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom