Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 8: Israel, Portugal & Russia

VoR

Take it or leave it
Let's up the banger quotient a bit, shall we? Two countries with a win this decade, and one that REALLY REALLY wanted one.

Please submit your votes in the indicated scoring formats by no later than 12.00 noon on Sunday 23rd February.

Israel

Flag_of_Israel.svg

Having experienced mixed fortunes in the 00s, Israel had a dismal first half of the 10s with four consecutive NQs. They turned things around spectacularly though, with a string of qualifiers from 2015 culminating in their fourth victory in 2018.

2010: Harel Skaat - Milim
2011: Dana International - Ding Dong
2012: Izabo - Time
2013: Moran Mazor - Rak Bishvilo
2014: Mei Finegold - Same Heart
2015: Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy
2016: Hovi Star - Made of Stars
2017: IMRI - I Feel Alive
2018: Netta - Toy
2019: Kobi Marimi - Home

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2011, 2014)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/44JNYw0GsJ1ZBmWjfJCBB5?si=-e3yWt3tRLSRw7yb_XqCOQ

Last edited:
Portugal

Flag_of_Portugal.svg

For better or worse (usually worse) Portugal have always remained stubbornly themselves in terms of their Eurovision entries. It paid off in grand style in 2017, when Europe's most consistent Eurovision losers finally scored a massive victory. It's very much an island here in terms of the scoreboard, but far from the only song worth hearing, depending on your mileage for dramatic Iberian balladry, varying shades of ARTPOP and tawdry pimba bangers. :disco:

No 2013 or 2016 here, they took a couple of years out.

2010: Filipa Azevedo - Há dias assim
2011: Homens da luta - A luta é alegria
2012: Filipa Sousa - Vida Minha
2014: Suzy - Quero ser tua
2015: Leonore Andrade - Há Um Mar Que Nos Separa
2017: Salvador Sobral - Amar pelos dois
2018: Cláudia Pascoal - O jardim
2019: Conan Osiris - Telemoveis

NUL POINTS

Spotify playlist (missing 2010, 2011, 2015)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3cnbFloDjBPRXNFMVRbvoa?si=auYH0hiWRIul8A8mjeiHtw

Last edited:
Russia

Russia-National-Flag.jpg

Having spent the 90s and early 00s as Europe's reliable weirdos, Russia finally got serious around 2003 and scored their first win in 2008. They took their foot off the gas for a little while after, but the hunger for glory has very much returned in recent years, give or take a couple of shameless troll entries. And sorry Samoylova Stans, I'm only including the one that actually made it to the Eurovision stage so no 2017 here.

2010: Peter Nalitch and Friends - Lost & Forgotten
2011: Alexej Vorobjov - Get You
2012: Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody
2013: Dina Garipova - What If
2014: Tolmachevy Sisters - Shine
2015: Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices
2016: Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One
2018: Julia Samoylova - I Won't Break
2019: Sergey Lazarev - Scream

NUL POINTS

Spotify Playlist (missing 2011, 2013, 2014)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ZQK8HRuLI899TMXmnBB7T?si=Je2bv5mVT16Ovm4fnzSG_A

Last edited:
Huzzah! Portugal are one of my favourite ESC nations.

There are at least 3/4 songs that will be fighting for my 12 points.

The Russia list answers my question as to whether disqualified entries will be counted. I’ll need to find someone other than Maruv to give my 12 to when we do Ukraine.

In other news, Portugal really are an EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES when it comes to doling out the null points. I almost resent the fact that I’ll have to give two of their last three atrocities points by default.

Huzzah! Portugal are one of my favourite ESC nations.

There are at least 3/4 songs that will be fighting for my 12 points.

:D

Meanwhile I think it's a hate crime that I can't give every point possible to Suzy and just blank everything else

Reactions: VoR
SAME HEART or DING DONG :argh:

The modern day Sophie’s choice :disco:

Can’t wait to see Queen Conan FINALLY get her vengeance either :disco::disco::disco::disco:
Oh my God! We were so worried about having to choose between Conchita and Zoë we never saw this CORNELIAN DILEMMA coming!

Portugal were almost UNLISTENABLE. By some distance the worst country we've had so far. Two decent songs, the rest somehow even more awful than I remember (And for Conman Osiris, that's quite the feat).

Voted. :disco:

Russia are easily the best out of these three for me

Just voted.

Have to say, no MARUV won't bother me in the slighest but no "Flame Is Burning" is genuinely upsetting.

Oh God this round is very tempting, not least for the purposes of handing the special crown and Poubelle d’Or to much-loved Suzy :disco:

Pass me the sedatives would you Quentin

I think I’d honestly rather listen to ‘Ding Dong’ than ‘Toy’ these days. In fact I think I’d rather hear every Lithuanian entry backwards and at half-speed than ever listen to ‘Toy’ again

I’ll see what I can dish up on the PITY POINTS front for Mlle Intl. :disco:

Well I’m getting all revved up now

The MEMORY ON YOU
The FINGS I BEEN FROO :disco:

Goodness I’d quite forgotten that awful grimace thing which turns up at 1:10 during ‘Same Heart’. In fact it sounds really quite rubbish these days so there’s my zero sorted :tongueout:

Oh I used to love it but now? NOT SO MUCH

I’m thinking two bottles minimum. With eyes closed. And maybe listening to something else at the same time. Or instead

Weren’t people saying Same Heart not qualifying was proof that Europe hates Israel and they would never qualify again?

I’ve always preferred Golden Boy.

Reactions: Zu
I’m sorry but whatever we think NOW for it to have been second LAST in its semi was a SICK JOKE!

Maybe she should have thought about her LOOK. Very off-putting and I say this as a homosexual with a taste for the displeasing. Not to mention the splayed legs on various occasions when she looks like she’s about to turd one out. People just don’t want to SEE that sort of thing! Also, SMUG

I mean let’s face it girls, I’m sure she tried her best but it was no COCO-DANCE :disco:

Also I should say that I used to love it BEFORE I saw that performance on the ill-fated night in question. Put me right off my Vesta :gross:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom