Moopyvision 2010-2019: Semi Final One - Results 8pm Tuesday 30/6

VoR

Take it or leave it
Way back in December, I unwittingly committed myself to the Sisyphean nightmare that is Moopyvision 2010-2019. In the intervening months, the world has changed dramatically, but I hope my increasingly resentful write-ups of some 400 pop songs of wildly varying quality and interest level has provided you with some pleasure.

Now, we're finally moving on. As in the real Eurovision, we're having two semi finals before the main event. For reasons of consistency, the big five - France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom - will all automatically progress to the finals. The other forty countries will have to duke it out for the remaining 20 spots.

I've used the classic Eurovision pots system to randomly draw the semi-finalists, and here we have the running order for the first semi final. I would've loved to have done a full livestream viewing of these, but I was advised that due to copyrighting algorithms it'd likely be pulled within a matter of seconds, and honestly, at this point I just want this to be over, so have a YouTube playlist instead.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0cVkbY0Hdyj8fCCQkkRnKV-aRgkm4ncB

You can vote from now, but we'll have a viewing party for these 20 songs at 8pm on Tuesday 30th June, followed by an actual livestream of the results as soon as I've punched in the data.

Running Order

1. Lithuania: Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night
2. Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire
3. Malta: Michela - Chameleon
4. Belarus: Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
5. Czech Republic: Gabriela Gunčiková - I Stand
6. Cyprus: Eleni Foureira - Fuego
7. Ukraine: Zlata Ognevich - Gravity
8. Montenegro: Who See - Igranka
9. Austria: Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix
10. Russia: Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One
11. Slovakia: Kristina Pelakova - Horehronie
12. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac
13. Israel: Netta - Toy
14. North Macedonia: Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone
15. Estonia: Koit Toome & Laura - Verona
16. Slovenia: Lea Sirk - Hvala Nej!
17. Albania: Juliana Pasha - It's All About You
18. Poland: Donatan & Cleo - My Slowanie
19. Finland: Saara Aalto - Monsters
20. Denmark: Emmelie DeForest - Only Teardrops

Please PM your votes to me in the standard Eurovision format. Voting to close 15 minutes after the viewing party ends, so around 9.30pm on Tuesday.

Thank you, and please, never ask me to do anything like this ever, ever again.

When this started I was more of a lurker than a poster and was very nonchalant about Eurovision past and present, but I always read the threads and enjoyed @VoR's write ups and would read them at the gym before work. I didn't know any of the songs and would think to YouTube some when I got home and never did.

Fast forward to the final and I'm the 5th most prolific poster, have watched about 20 Eurovisions, started voting and contributing in these threads, and the gym and the office are both VERY DEAD.

What a TIME

When this started I was more of a lurker than a poster and was very nonchalant about Eurovision past and present, but I always read the threads and enjoyed @VoR's write ups and would read them at the gym before work. I didn't know any of the songs and would think to YouTube some when I got home and never did.

Fast forward to the final and I'm the 5th most prolific poster, have watched about 20 Eurovisions, started voting and contributing in these threads, and the gym and the office are both VERY DEAD.

What a TIME
I’m going to be INSUFFERABLE next time I watch Eurovision with my friends with all my Eurovision trivia from the 80s!

I’m going to be INSUFFERABLE next time I watch Eurovision with my friends with all my Eurovision trivia from the 80s!

Are you now the French WIWI?!

Wiwi? Trivia from the 80s? They do NOT compute. Wiwi fans don't even realise Eurovision existed before 2004.

I don't want to seem like a pessimist but reading between the lines of VoR's first post it seems like we might have a bit of a wait ahead of us for the Moopyvision 2000-2009 competition.
If he starts it now, we'll be done just in time for him to kick off the 2020-2029 rate.

For reasons of consistency, the big five - France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom - will all automatically progress to the finals.
I guess that works if you want a consistent result of most big 5 also being bottom 5.

Reactions: VoR
A reminder that this is TONIGHT. There will be no extensions.
I thought that I could vote immediately after the viewing party finishes as well. Is this not correct?

Sorry, yes. You can vote after the viewing party, that's fine. But it's happening tonight.

Let's say votes close at 21.30 tonight

@ButterTart - Do you want to re-vote after the viewing or are you happy to stick to what you've submitted?

(I haven't looked at your votes yet so I'm not trying to sway you in any particular direction)

I tried to get mine in before the viewing party just so I wouldn't feel rushed to get them in. Hoping I won't need to change them but if I do I'll make it clear that I have. :)

When are the results @VoR? Are they tonight as well?

Assuming my fingers don't fall off from data entry and / or I don't have a nervous breakdown, yes.

@ButterTart - Do you want to re-vote after the viewing or are you happy to stick to what you've submitted?

(I haven't looked at your votes yet so I'm not trying to sway you in any particular direction)
No, I’ll stick with my choices - I just thought I couldn’t vote until after the show! That’s me misreading things, sorry.

Less than an hour to go.

The idea is that anyone who wants to partake in the watch-along hits play on the YouTube Playlist at 8pm.

Either way, votes will close at 9.30pm followed shortly thereafter by results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom