Moopyvision 2020: Semi 1: RESULTS

D5K

Here to stay
vP8L1sp.jpg

MOOPYVISION 2020: Semi final 1

It's May everyone!! Traditionally the time when gay excitement really gets turned up a notch or seven culminating in the most glorious night of the year. That night is, of course, the Moopyvision final so this year will be no exception!

But before we get to the final, we have to whittle 41 songs down to a list of 26 qualifiers. This means two semis with 13 songs qualifying from each (yes, even the six autoqualifiers don't get a free pass here).

I understand all of the songs are now available on Spotify, and they've been around on Youtube for a while, so they're accessible even before the official CD is released in a couple of weeks time. So please PM me your votes for your top ten of the following songs by 16:00 BST on Saturday 9 May.

Australia - Montaigne - "Don't Break Me"
Azerbaijan - Efendi - "Cleopatra"
Belarus - VAL - "Da vidna"
Belgium - Hooverphonic - "Release Me"
Croatia - Damir Kedžo - "Divlji vjetre"
Cyprus - Sandro - "Running"
Germany - Ben Dolic - "Violent Thing"
Ireland - Lesley Roy - "Story of My Life"
Israel - Eden Alene - "Feker libi"
Italy - Diodato - "Fai rumore"
Lithuania - The Roop - "On Fire"
Malta - Destiny - "All of My Love"
Netherlands - Jeangu Macrooy - "Grow"
North Macedonia - Vasil - "You"
Norway - Ulrikke - "Attention"
Romania - Roxen - "Alcohol You"
Russia - Little Big - "Uno"
Slovenia - Ana Soklič - "Voda"
Sweden - The Mamas - "Move"
Ukraine - Go_A - "Solovey"

Videos to follow...

Australia - Montaigne - "Don't Break Me"

Azerbaijan - Efendi - "Cleopatra"

Belarus - VAL - "Da vidna"

Belgium - Hooverphonic - "Release Me"

Croatia - Damir Kedžo - "Divlji vjetre"

Cyprus - Sandro - "Running"

Germany - Ben Dolic - "Violent Thing"

Ireland - Lesley Roy - "Story of My Life"

Israel - Eden Alene - "Feker libi"

Italy - Diodato - "Fai rumore"

Last edited:
Lithuania - The Roop - "On Fire"

Malta - Destiny - "All of My Love"

Netherlands - Jeangu Macrooy - "Grow"

North Macedonia - Vasil - "You"

Norway - Ulrikke - "Attention"

Romania - Roxen - "Alcohol You"

Russia - Little Big - "Uno"

Slovenia - Ana Soklič - "Voda"

Sweden - The Mamas - "Move"

Ukraine - Go_A - "Solovey"

Last edited:
I thought we’d do a GROUP WATCH of all the videos.

A lot of people will have seen them already! But I guess that could be organised for the final if people wanted it.

Looking at that list I'm not seeing anything more than an 8/10 among them. If ever a Eurovision was going to be cancelled, they picked well choosing this year.
Oh I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT, there’s certainly ONE that I would label an ALL TIME CLASSIC (Val of course)

This semi is so much ridiculously stronger than semi 2.

I think this years songs are typical really - most would have grown in the way that they usually do over time and with a staging concept.

I think this years songs are typical really - most would have grown in the way that they usually do over time and with a staging concept.
I agree. I don't think it was going to be a mega strong year like a '12 or a '16, but it would have ended up being okay like '17 or '18.

This semi is so much ridiculously stronger than semi 2.

Omg yes! There’s about FOUR songs I like in the second semi, and that’s including the automatic qualifiers. Not as bad as the quality of the first semi compared to the second in 2018.

Just putting ideas out there - do you think it would be doable for the final to have some sort of live sync-listening/watching the videos?

Just putting ideas out there - do you think it would be doable for the final to have some sort of live sync-listening/watching the videos?
I hadn't been planning it but that would certainly be possible; maybe in the Wednesday rewatch slot after Eurovision week (which should be halfway through the voting window)?

Am I the only one that didn't listen to all of them yet?
I've had them on rotation for weeks. Well, the good ones anyway, but I'm familiar with all of them.

Am I the only one that didn't listen to all of them yet?
I’ve listened to everything at least once I think. I still need to get familiar with more than just the 10 that are my current favourites.

I pretty much stopped listening to them all following the cancellation. I suppose I just didn’t feel the NEED TO considering none of the songs would be taking part.

This. I really never got on board with ANYTHING this year properly.
Of this lot, The Mamas and maybe Ukraine are my keepers. I like Macedonia but I'm not bothered whether or not I ever hear it again, and most of my other 'favourites' are ones I liked at first but really don't bear up to repeated listens.

I’m also glad Hooverphonic’s entry was a bit of a dud, hoping they turn up next year with something a lot better.

At least Finland getting the answer wrong (and deservedly being expelled from the United Nations as a result) means it's an open contest. I can't imagine anything other than Cicciolina taking home Moopy's coveted Jules Rimming trophy.

Well I thought it was a very good year. Not as great as 2019 but much better than 2018 and 2017.

My top 2 of this year are both in this semi, but my 3rd and 4th are in the other one.

I think all of the auto-qualifiers are worthy of making it through here. I'm most worried for the Netherlands - never has a song done as it says on the tin as much as that one.

Nine sets of votes in.

And yes this is a stupidly strong semi, but I've only just realised that the three best auto-qualifiers are also all in this heat (based on the semi they were drawn to vote in)! Semi 2's going to be a right old slog isn't it?

Tens sets of votes and already there isn't a single song that everyone has placed in their top ten - it's way more open than usual.

And you lot better have not UNDERMARKED the wonderful FAI RUMORE. I know it’s a MALE BALLAD and I know Elodie didn’t win or whatever but it’s MAGICAL.

And you lot better have not UNDERMARKED the wonderful FAI RUMORE. I know it’s a MALE BALLAD and I know Elodie didn’t win or whatever but it’s MAGICAL.
I am tempted to give it a point purely because I know that if Eurovision had been happening properly, I'd have been very grateful for the 3 minute window to have a piss and pour another drink.

I am tempted to give it a point purely because I know that if Eurovision had been happening properly, I'd have been very grateful for the 3 minute window to have a piss and pour another drink.
I’d have probably done the same during FEKER LIBI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom