Moopyvision: All Time National Final Favourites Rate - nominate NOW (closes 14th Jan)

Voted

It's your game obviously, but IMO it's more interesting to just accept that Sweden are better than everybody else and exist on their own sphere of excellence.

Ergo I have not nominated any Melfest entries. Sorry Shirley!

Reactions: D5K
Don’t worry, a few on my shortlist are of interest only to me and some combination of dmlaw, Zen and Tisch. I’ll still most likely be nominating them.

It's your game obviously, but IMO it's more interesting to just accept that Sweden are better than everybody else and exist on their own sphere of excellence.

Ergo I have not nominated any Melfest entries. Sorry Shirley!
I'm in a similar boat but haven't quite decided whether to leave Melodifestivalen out completely.

I get that MF should probably be a rate of it’s own, but I felt like it would be weird to do a national final rate and leave the biggest one out. Also any national final rate which doesn’t include Sean den forste Banan isn’t an accurate rate at all.

Brings a new meaning to the word Youtuber.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Well I know fuck all outside Sweden so looking forward to being educated :disco:

@VoR has just fielded a truly immaculate collection of songs. I can’t wait for these viewing parties.
I'm a bit worried my list will have a reasonable overlap with his and so some of my choices might be wasted...

I don’t think many of my choices will make any sense for this reason :D I didn’t really think about youtube availability before submitting a bunch of stuff from 2003 and 2004
I found it all :disco: That one performance we talked about in particular is one I can't WAIT for everyone else to see :D

I’ve set the provisional deadline for submissions as 16th January. Hopefully a week and a half should be enough time to trawl through 70 years of content for dozens of countries.

63 for me before even considering Sweden.

I've got my top ten guaranteed songs I'm sending though, which pleasingly are from nine different countries.

We had a steady stream of nominations yesterday, still plenty of time for more. I think we’re on 140+ now, and already the viewing parties are shaping up to be event television.

I’m trying not to hustle people because we have ages yet, which is a test of my insane nosiness and impatience. There really isn’t any rush though!
All good, no need - there is a reason I’m waiting but don’t want to be too specific about it or everyone will want to be last. :)

The countries represented so far, and the number of songs nominated for each:

Albania - 1
Armenia - 1
Australia - 2
Austria - 2
Belarus - 6
Belgium - 2
Bosnia & Hezegovina - 1
Bulgaria - 1
Croatia - 5
Denmark - 7
Estonia - 11
Finland - 7
France - 5
Georgia - 1
Germany - 3
Greece - 5
Hungary - 1
Iceland - 2
Israel - 3
Italy - 7
Latvia - 1
Lebanon - 1
Lithuania - 4
Malta - 1
Moldova - 5
Netherlands - 2
North Macedonia - 1
Norway - 15
Poland - 4
Portugal - 1
Romania - 3
Russia - 1
Serbia & Montenegro - 1
Slovenia - 4
Spain - 6
Sweden - 16
Switzerland - 1
Ukraine - 4
United Kingdom - 7

Lebanon? I thought they internally selected Aline in the one year they attempted to take part?

Andorra, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Czechia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Slovakia and Turkey are all still unrepresented :cautious: were their NFs that bad?

Has Azerbaijan ever had one? I recall they had an X Factor/Voice style thing one or twice but the song was still internally selected.

Andorra, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Czechia, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Slovakia and Turkey are all still unrepresented :cautious: were their NFs that bad?
Czechia had one on my shortlist, none of the others did. Ireland have two okayish songs, including that one by her off Timoteij, but nothing that would have stood a chance with making it on to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom