Moopyvision: All Time National Final Favourites Rate - nominate NOW (closes 14th Jan)

Because you're scoring a song you don't even know, that making no sense to me.

But the problem is if some obscure song gets a couple of high marks and nobody else knows it, it’ll get through just because of a few stans.

I mean if ?? = 5 is controversial, I think points is better. If not enough people listen, then it won’t go through

Because you're scoring a song you don't even know, that makes no sense to me.
How would you deal with a ?? then. Assuming it to be 00 is still giving it a score, and averaging it means that if say, only two people have heard it (and say give it 10) then that would be unfair too.

Giving it the middle score is the least worst option, I would argue, if you aren't forcing every voter to rank every song.

But anyway I get Alla’s point, whatever score a non vote gets is sort of arbitrary. I’m pro points or unranked picks

How would you deal with a ?? then. Assuming it to be 00 is still giving it a score, and averaging it means that if say, only two people have heard it (and say give it 10) then that would be unfair too.

Giving it the middle score is the least worst option, I would argue, if you aren't forcing every voter to rank every song.
Oh I would only accept votes where you score them all, if you're not gonna listen to the songs why bothering voting? It's like entering ASFM but not bothering with some songs. Just my opinion.

I was thinking I don’t need to force people to get each week’s rate in by a set date, since the scores won’t have any bearing on subsequent viewing galas and won’t be needed until all the songs have been presented, so if someone doesn’t have time to do a rate in a certain week, they can still submit it later.

But the problem is if some obscure song gets a couple of high marks and nobody else knows it
I'm pretty sure some songs are obscure enough that lucky if 2 people know them, but I'm sure there are enough posters willing to listen and rate them. And you can always do a "a song has to be ranked at least by X people or won't qualify". That's more fair than giving random points, from my point of view.

I’ll be taking each ?? As a 0, or politely asking the sender to go home, listen to each song, send me a complete list and then think about what they did and how they can grow as a person after living through it.
I disagree with this completely. It cheapens the act of giving the disgustingly French ballad that @Soldi sent 0. 0 should really be a punishment, not a default.

I agree with the “obscure song that only a few people have heard” argument. The problem here is that it may be that one whole batch of songs gets 30 sets of votes and another whole batch only gets 15 so they’re being disproportionately awarded/punished depending on what the arbitrary score is.

On my ABBA Rate I’m doing a “??” as an average minus one so it’s penalised slightly if it’s not well known but not disproportionately. The difference there though is that an “??” Is someone actively stating they don’t know her. Whereas here because we’re doing a batch at a time, some songs just won’t have any scores at all from certain people.

Knowing Moopy I believe enough people are going to listen and vote for all the songs and there will be no obscure entry with a couple of votes. You can always set a minimun of votes for any entry to qualify (like 75% have to give it points, or whatever).

On my ABBA Rate I’m doing a “??” as an average minus one so it’s penalised slightly if it’s not well known but not disproportionately.
That's an editorial decision though (and I like it). I contend that 5 is the most neutral option.

The best option is of course to render this entire conversation moot by everyone returning a full set of votes.

But you're willing to give them FIVE points with a ?? :eyes:
Yes, obviously. Because a 5 is a :meh: , a 10 is a :disco: and a 0 is a :kim:

From the point of view of someone intending to rank all of them, I don't want my 0s to be equal to someone elses not bothering.

Why would we be scoring songs with ??

We'll all be watching/listening to them so we should be able to give out proper marks.
Yes this. It’s just that more people will inevitably watch some weeks than others so some songs will kind of get “??” by default if it’s being done as a rate from the start.

But the problem is if some obscure song gets a couple of high marks and nobody else knows it, it’ll get through just because of a few stans.

I mean if ?? = 5 is controversial, I think points is better. If not enough people listen, then it won’t go through
This is the equalising nature of the viewing galas, EVERYONE will have access to these songs and will be rating on quality as opposed to name recognition.

I’d be back on board with just rating everything if the scores were just straight averages to balance out the fluctuating numbers.

As has been said, I don’t think the “only two hardcore stans voting” thing will be too much of an issue here.

Maybe a final rate of the top 100 would be needed though.

So in other words exactly what you suggested in the first place ButterTart…

Reactions: D5K
For what it’s worth, as someone who might vote in the final 100 but probably not for 350 songs, I like Pingu’s idea of ?? being the average-1

For what it’s worth, as someone who might vote in the final 100 but probably not for 350 songs, I like Pingu’s idea of ?? being the average-1
If you like that then you’ll go CRAZY for this:

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom